What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Play the devils advocate game. Coach the warriors.

So you are Stephen Kearney this week.
Summarize your plan of attack on how you outscore the Sharks.
Back your reasoning up with stats.

shaggs

Coach
I play straight and fast through the middle with the ball.
No stats. We have been dominated all year through the ruck.
Once on the backfoot, halves running and RTS stepping through the middle 20

Up and in defence. Slow dummy half service coupled with flat footed forwards and a first receiver that is slow.
I’d also encourage keeping the attacker on his feet and wrestle standing up. Woods, prior and gallen all love that. Set your defence and leave the line.

Both of these things warriors have never done so I doubt that changes, but it’s how I beat the sharks.

No stats needed. Happy to be proved wrong with a stat, but observation is all I need

R-15-3

Bench
I play straight and fast through the middle with the ball.
No stats. We have been dominated all year through the ruck.
Once on the backfoot, halves running and RTS stepping through the middle 20

Up and in defence. Slow dummy half service coupled with flat footed forwards and a first receiver that is slow.
I’d also encourage keeping the attacker on his feet and wrestle standing up. Woods, prior and gallen all love that. Set your defence and leave the line.

Both of these things warriors have never done so I doubt that changes, but it’s how I beat the sharks.

No stats needed. Happy to be proved wrong with a stat, but observation is all I need

Pretty much sums up our season to a T

Quigs

Immortal
I'd tell my boyz to keep giving the Sharks the ball as often as they can and just wait for the mistakes.

Remembering the first round game would be a good thing. Also instruct my boyz to wear headgear and strapping to the upper body as a precaution to Townsand and Johnsons kicking game.

My boys need to remember that CT and SJ kicked the ball five times into the head and bodies of our unsuspecting defence. It was lucky that no one was seriously hurt.

shaggs

Coach
you dont honestly believe that the majority of points against us have come through the middle do you?
Like I said. No stats.

Show me the numbers. Points in parts of the field.

Sidelines to 10 metres
10-20s
20-near post
20-10
10 to sideline.

I’d prefer if the stats were where the line break was.

Like I said. No stats.

Show me the numbers. Points in parts of the field.

Sidelines to 10 metres
10-20s
20-near post
20-10
10 to sideline.

I’d prefer if the stats were where the line break was.
Those level stats are paid for & cost a fortune.
However, if you go back 6 games & watch the highlights, yo uwill see its not the case. WE may well leak through the middle a bit, when certain rotations are on, but its not where the trys are being scored

Go Nulla

Bench
If we have the choice we kick off as we know they will make a dumb error on the first set of six to give us the momentum from the get go. Just wait and capitalise on the Sharks errors as we know there will be plenty. No need to panic.

Chimp

Bench
Play basic up the jumper rugby, wingers with big yardage drives on tackles 1 & 2, drives up the guts of the ruck, quick ptb's and then let RTS have the ball on the 4th tackle - high completion rate is the only priority. Bomb the fullback and feki to death.
Play basic, Sharks will kill themselves with errors and ill discipline.

SadShark

Bench
This will be the first game the Sharks have played together as a team.

Be patient.

We need to give the players & the coach time to gel.....

How’s that sound in the land of fluffy white clouds, candy canes, unicorns and rainbows?

lolesi

First Grade
Yes, hello Ken Maumalo.

I’d like you to continually jump high over S. Feki for numerous four pointers.

Thank you.

1. In defense, the Sharks systems are working well as they concede the least amount of line breaks , after the Storm. 76 conceded in total. They are also measley with allowing offloads & are 4th best at preventing them. Along with this , they have 4th least trys conceded , 5th least run metres conceded & 4th least missed tackles. So defensively, the Sharks are a tough top 4 unit, if you look at defensive data.
However, that does not mean they are devoid of weakness's.
The obvious one is their right edge back rower who has missed 45 tackles this year, the most in the team other than the Capewell, who has played nearly every position on the field & could end up playing anywhere. Majority of Nikoras missed tackles are on Goal line. The most line breaks will happen through Nikora. He also seconds the Sharks innefective tackles with 34 , 2 behind Brailey who has completed over 100 tackles more.
So there is our weakness & that is who we will target, with caution, as he has excellent 1 on 1 defensive power & is the Sharks leading exponent. So we will hit him when he is retreating, as that is his weak area.

2. Errors. The sharks have the highest error rate in the game. After an error it is imperative we make it pay twice & play fast to get a repeat set. If we make them tackle 10 times for every mistake, we will tire them out & win at the back end. The sharks dont make errors with kicks & never kick dead, with only 6 this year.

3. Xerri. Target all kicks towards Xerri. He has the slowest play the ball time by a long way, other than Johnson, whe isnt kick returning anyway. Make sure every kick goes towards him & take all the juice out of him & get the line set from tackle 1.

4. Rotations. The Sharks Roation of Williams & Uele, always seems to open up the middle. As williams has a very high error rate & missed tackle rate, we will target that weakness & run unders line around the ruck continually, with Rog sniffing every time.

5 Play percentages until the rotations happen, then punch the unders early in the tackle count then punch at nikora on the retreat.