What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If it is Reynolds which makes sense as the Tigers are already paying him, the 3 week audition could go a long way to deciding the future for Reynolds and $$$’s for the Tigers.

He does very well and someone else comes calling (I can’t see it happening though).
He does very well and the Tigers simply decide that they must keep him.

If it is the latter, the off season is a great time to develop combinations training from 9 rather than 6, the passing from the ground (dummy half) rather than an upright position which is so important.

However, from left field and I know many don’t like former Tigers returning but it’s not like the following would have been in a 1st grade clique but.

Manaia Cherrington Is only 25 and I think it was only last week that he made the Qld Cup team of the week. He is a 9.
Pat Politoni is only 28 is also a 9 and still playing, Queensland Cup - point is they would not take up too much of the cap on a 12 month contract.

^ Actually as someone else said, “Benji gets what’s Benji wants” well watching the Bulldogs V Souths game, I wonder if Benji has suggested his brother?

Cost a bit more than the 2 above but he wouldn’t cost the earth.

macnaz

Staff member
^ Actually as someone else said, “Benji gets what’s Benji wants” well watching the Bulldogs V Souths game, I wonder if Benji has suggested his brother?

Cost a bit more than the 2 above but he wouldn’t cost the earth.
Should have never let him go to be honest.

He said that playing in Canterbury cup was not the best and makes you miss first grade.

We need to strap him up like the Michelin man.

He will be anxious to impress us and others.

WA Tiger

Bench
the passing from the ground (dummy half) rather than an upright position which is so important.
Good info.....At least we’ve got a spine back ...he’s maybe not 100% competent hooker yet but as I said he’s got a great kicking game ...hes always looking for opportunities on the field and isn’t shy to act on them and he’s just thinking tries and winning all the time..that’ll do me.. and I bet he works like crazy to learn the position and improve ...I just love this story ...A guy that didn’t give up didn’t start sulking or spit the dummy...He also knows Benji could get injured and that’s a carrot for him...The guys will get a lift with the new blood especially from a guy they all love I’m sure ..

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade
Good info.....At least we’ve got a spine back ...he’s maybe not 100% competent hooker yet but as I said he’s got a great kicking game ...hes always looking for opportunities on the field and isn’t shy to act on them and he’s just thinking tries and winning all the time..that’ll do me.. and I bet he works like crazy to learn the position and improve ...I just love this story ...A guy that didn’t give up didn’t start sulking or spit the dummy...He also knows Benji could get injured and that’s a carrot for him...The guys will get a lift with the new blood especially from a guy they all love I’m sure ..
He sounds like someone who just retired:D

WA Tiger

Bench
"But I've actually enjoyed going back to Canterbury Cup. When you sort of playing the first-grade week in week out you do take it for granted,

"When you back to Canterbury Cup you're training at night-time, but the guys have come from work, been working all-day,

"In a weird way I've actually taken something from this experience, in that sense, it's been good." JOSH REYNOLDS

Does anyone know how Reynolds is going in reserve grade? Is he playing 6 or 9?
He has only played 6.

Unfortunately he hasn't played too many games. Round 22 was the weekend just gone and they didnt let him play for obvious reasons.
Round 21 - 80 minutes
Round 20 - bye which was no good for him,
Round 19 - 80 minutes which was his 1st game back since, forever.

He made the NSW Cup Team of the Week in that Round 19 game which was good to see.
One try, two try-assists, two line-break assists 285 total kick-metres, 12 tackles - 2nd time this season in team of the week.

160 minutes in 4 weeks is not much at all.

WA Tiger

Bench
Robbie nominated Mbye as hooker next year not Reynolds ..He said “I may get in trouble for this but...”. personality clash?? Don’t be fooled with Reynolds easy going nature he’s tough and won’t back down to any shit..The difference is he’d keep his calm and Robbie would lose it ..I’m guessing

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
He has only played 6.

Unfortunately he hasn't played too many games. Round 22 was the weekend just gone and they didnt let him play for obvious reasons.
Round 21 - 80 minutes
Round 20 - bye which was no good for him,
Round 19 - 80 minutes which was his 1st game back since, forever.

He made the NSW Cup Team of the Week in that Round 19 game which was good to see.
One try, two try-assists, two line-break assists 285 total kick-metres, 12 tackles - 2nd time this season in team of the week.

160 minutes in 4 weeks is not much at all.

Can see E.T starting at 9 to handle the first 20 intensity then probably bring Reynolds on in the 20-25th min mark

Not that I'm a fan of it but would probably be the best option to get the most out of Reynolds without him breaking

Latest posts