What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luciano Leilua

Frank Facer

First Grade
We’ve found our JDB replacement. He’s improving all the time the quiet achiever. Love him
He doesn't replace DeBelin's defence in the middle, but not many would. We are missing DeBelin's defence to the max. I think Lucky's future lies at prop. I will also add that props often take time to mature, especially if they didn't play prop in their juniors.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Lucky is a forward. They have to take the ball up as a battering ram and Lucky should be utilising his size. He gets found out on the edge in defence, so the edge isn't for him. Yes he does have sublime ball skills, but he must get stuck in and do the hard yards before looking pretty. I think either lock or prop is his position, but he lacks stamina for the middle workrate.
In NSW and Holden Cup he dominates I just think it’s his fitness that is lacking, I do remember one game where he replaced Sims and played 80 and won man of the match vs the tigers. The only way he is going to get fitter is more game time. It’s salivating thinking about him running over the top of opposition halves with McInnes or Dufty sniffing around.

Gardenia

Juniors
He put Dufty into a good hole that fateful game against the raiders. Big fella showed some foot work last night also. I agree JDB is hard to replace in the middle but at least this guy would have a Go

j0nesy

Bench
We’ve found our JDB replacement. He’s improving all the time the quiet achiever. Love him
Love him, and he is developing nicely but I don’t think his defence will ever be close to JDB’s. I like him as an impact front rower that plays 2x 20 minute stints at the end of each half.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I never saw Arthur Beetson, but heard much about him. I do recall hearing/reading that he was called Half A Game Artie early in his career. He also started his career in the centres. Hopefully Lucky can continue to improve his game like Artie did.

Absolutely true Frank- One half Artie had a fondness for meat pies that showed in his generous girth. However, I saw him (excuse the pun) make mincemeat of the Poms on one occasion when he was in his early 20s and making his name. Ken Irvine was the recipient of his silky ball handling skills and ability to break the line and put a player into a gap. He always played looking overweight but after a while no one seemed to mind- he was just that good.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Lucky is continuing to grow in confidence. I would start the game with Lucky at lock or prop and then give him a break after 20 to 25 minutes. I would then bring him back on the field with about 20 to go. He should have been starting ahead of Host at the beginning of the season too.

blacksafake

First Grade
Absolutely true Frank- One half Artie had a fondness for meat pies that showed in his generous girth. However, I saw him (excuse the pun) make mincemeat of the Poms on one occasion when he was in his early 20s and making his name. Ken Irvine was the recipient of his silky ball handling skills and ability to break the line and put a player into a gap. He always played looking overweight but after a while no one seemed to mind- he was just that good.
Best prop the game has seen.

In NSW and Holden Cup he dominates I just think it’s his fitness that is lacking, I do remember one game where he replaced Sims and played 80 and won man of the match vs the tigers. The only way he is going to get fitter is more game time. It’s salivating thinking about him running over the top of opposition halves with McInnes or Dufty sniffing around.
I think fitness is only a small part of his development.
What I see is a kid who has finally got his confidence back after being used very sparingly by McGregor.
He could have probably done what he's doing now, long ago but was too scared to express himself as a footballer.
Look at McGregor's structures.
Mostly one out bash and barge which is not Leilua's go really.
I just hope that we can keep Ford, Timm, Lomax and Leilua under a new coach.
Maybe we can start playing some real footy for a change.

gorilla

First Grade
I never saw Arthur Beetson, but heard much about him. I do recall hearing/reading that he was called Half A Game Artie early in his career. He also started his career in the centres. Hopefully Lucky can continue to improve his game like Artie did.
Artie was great. When he ran out a bit wide, not only was he hard to stop but he'd get a pass away. Sometimes just to screw the defence he'd pass players into a gap before the line. Pretty fast too.
Check out old footage.

Latest posts