What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs: Friday 23rd August 7:35pm @Suncorp Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Well I simply cannot wait for the game this week!! I wouldn't have said this a few weeks ago but in the context of our Season, with the way we've been going recently, this is now the biggest game of the year. It is quite simply a must win there is no doubt about that. We simply need to win to have any chance of making the top four.

I'm really hoping we can put in a much better performance. The game against Melbourne was pretty good but then last week was a massive let down. That really hurt and I'm hoping the boys are really hurting too because the bounce back factor will hopefully be there. The boys need to realise that this is our chance to stand up and say "hey! We're still here, we're not going away in this race for the Premiership," so I really hope we can put in a good one. We simply have too.

In saying that, this week will be a super tough game, a huge game against our old coaches' mob. They have found form and are fighting for their Season so will be a very, very tough team to face at home even without Turpin and Pangi Jnr. I'll say it again, we quite simply have to be on. There are no excuses this week!

We will obviously be without Burns, possibly Sam and there are rumours that we might be without Tom too. Those are big blows so this game is seriously gonna take everything we have. We looked busted last week so the boys need a good freshen up at training this week.

It won't be easy but we can do this!!

handyman2190

Bench
Fellas! Wake up! We are done,ill go so far as to say we wont win another game, we are playing busted,
Sam
AR
AJ
BURNSY
even george with his 9 plus 5 week suspensions then his injurys
We are short
Cody hasnt recovered from his orgin fiasco
We are done, and im so disappointed

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Fellas! Wake up! We are done,ill go so far as to say we wont win another game, we are playing busted,
Sam
AR
AJ
BURNSY
We are short
Hi shadow

Travitoh

First Grade
Sam
AR
AJ
BURNSY
We are short

In terms of potential premiership credentials i agree.
The next two weeks against Brisbane and NZ though are games that should be won. It's time for a few guys to stand up and be counted.
Canterbury hopefully taught the team a lesson on pride and effort that they can take into the next few weeks.

callmack1

Staff member
I have no doubt that the boys will never want a repeat of that performance again. I agree that our Season is on life support in a way but I really hope last week's game puts a rocket up their arse's. It's looking like we won't get back to our best footy any time soon but you never know because stranger thisngs have happened. If we can find some momentum and some of the boys freshen up look out!! However, I don't think we'll see that happen sadly.

Wayne Bennett says Souths aren’t ‘terminal’, but these stats say otherwise: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/22b29bd35f33063eada1fe1fcc00b29b

Jamie Soward believes Rabbitohs’ Premiership hopes are gone as teams nullify tired Damien Cook: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...k/news-story/24cf136ffdd5fed0848485ad86291d62

While this is all true, I believe that it all stems from the forward pack. They haven't been the same since Origin 1 and aren't laying a great platform like they were. This hugely denies Cody, Cookie and Reyno opportunities.

Travitoh

First Grade
Cody's drop in form again coincides with AJ being out of the team. Same thing happened last season when AJ had his hamstring issues.

Last edited:
Sam
AR
AJ
BURNSY
We are short

Look... We're probably in the oven, temperature at a nice even 180 degrees and just starting to go all crusty on top but we aren't quite done yet.

You're never done until that final whistle blows.

I have no idea of what might or can save us but I still hold out hope that whatever that is comes along in the next few weeks.

callmack1

Staff member
Brydens Lawyers Injury Report Round 23: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/20/injury-report-round-23/

My predicted Line Up for this week,

1. Doueihi
2. Gagai
3. Roberts
4. Turner
5. Graham
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. S.Burgess (C)
9.Cook
10. Tatola
11. Sutton
12. Lowe
13. Murray

14. Su'A
15. Britt
16. Nicholls
17. Knight

Hopefully Kyle will be back and I expect to see Sam named. Would love to see Britt dropped and Amone come in but I don't think that will happen because then we'd have three front rowers on the bench.

We'll find out soon!!

handyman2190

Bench
Look... We're probably in the oven, temperature at a nice even 180 degrees and just starting to go all crusty on top but we aren't quite done yet.

You're never done until that final whistle blows.

I have no idea of what might or can save us but I still hold out hope that whatever that is comes along in the next few weeks.
Look i bleed red and green too,and it pains me,i cant sleep or think of anything else, but im a realist, we have too many injurys,our pack from being dominant and big is now small, and worst of all our line speed and D is sub standard our reserve grade can tackle better,we are being manhandled in defence, our attack is goneski.
It will be a cricket score friday with dirtbag seibold getting the last laugh,what a joke!!
We need to get fafita and that mago from broncos we need size.

callmack1

Staff member
'We need to lift as a group' - Murray: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/20/we-need-to-lift-as-a-group---murray/

'We need to build pressure' - Walker: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/20/we-need-to-build-pressure---walker/

'We perform well on the road' - Reynolds: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/20/we-perform-well-on-the-road---reynolds/

'We need to adapt early' - Cook: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2019/08/20/we-need-to-adapt-early---cook/

Key trio Damien Cook, Cody Walker and Adam Reynolds meet for honesty session to save Rabbitohs’ Season: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...n/news-story/131691569615593030500a1154c90848

Well there you go, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. In the video session yesterday, Wayne has come out and questioned the boys' desire and he's questioned whether they really want it. I feel that is exactly the kind of talk that has needed to happen recently as it's been starting to look like the boys don't have the desire, yet nothing has been said about it. However, now it's been said. If that, plus this honestly session with the spine doesn't get a response out of the lads then nothing will.

callmack1

Staff member
Last edited:
Well... We've had the big spray, the crisis meetings and an honesty session all in one week. That is the complete arsenal of coaching weapons. Uncle Wayne doesn't have anything left in the bag of tricks and it's basically now or never. If we don't produce a good performance this week you can definitely rule a line through us for 2019.

If we can't beat the Broncos on Friday night then the next step for Wayne is blooding some young guys and hoping they light the spark but really... Once you get to that point, it's more about giving those young guys some experience for next year. If a reserve grader hasn't burst on to the scene by round 21 then it's fair to say that they aren't going to solve any problems for the first grade team.

Latest posts