What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Jerseys, Logos, Mock Ups, Photos ANYTHING

flippikat

Bench
So I've never been a big fan of the Sharks current logo and thought I'd have a crack at a redesign.

It incorporates the old endeavour shield and 'Cronulla Sutherland' text with the 80s shark motif. V in the background from our original jersey.

Ignoring my dodgy graphic design skills, what do you think? Good or rubbish?

View attachment 32088

I see what you're going for there.. it's like how the Bulldogs have integrated a lot of historical elements (the CB monogram, the classic bulldog, 1935, and the V of their jerseys) into one logo.

It's a bit crowded in your design - I think the ribbon and ball could be left out - but the idea is sound, even if the execution is a little bit off.

steveprescottshirtshare.png.7a6267d0b4e4f12608cc7e1539949fde.png

Rooster8

Juniors
Random question, but does anyone know why Nike left the Broncos as apparel supplier after so many years? I remember being jealous that they were the only team whom Nike would support for a while in the early-mid 2000's after the Super League. I don't remember a bad Nike jersey too

Random question, but does anyone know why Nike left the Broncos as apparel supplier after so many years? I remember being jealous that they were the only team whom Nike would support for a while in the early-mid 2000's after the Super League. I don't remember a bad Nike jersey too
Arrh remember the Penrith panthers SL, Auckland warriors SL and the Brisbane Broncos teal and blue jersey, QLD Tri Series shirt

Klim

Juniors
I think Nike wanted to concentrate on their more popular sports (soccer, basketball). They're also leaving the AFL as far as I know.

sempmrh

Juniors
Apparently Nike are notoriously hard to deal with. All they really offer compared to other brands outfitting teams is their logo and their reputation. It’s not worth NRL or AFL teams trying to partner up with them, especially since Nike only seem to care about soccer and basketball.

I’ve heard that Nike also has some ridiculous conditions on retailers wanting to stock their gear, making it not worth their while.

kdalymc

Bench
I don't remember a bad Nike jersey too
images.jpeg-4.jpg

They also could not build a jersey to save their life.
I noticed in Rebel a Broncos Nike jersey, the sleeves were sewn on like a t shirt. Every other team had nice curves, different cuts etc. Thought maybe it was just a rebel thing, but no, even the players cuts were simply a coloured t shirt...

sempmrh

Juniors
View attachment 32339

They also could not build a jersey to save their life.
I noticed in Rebel a Broncos Nike jersey, the sleeves were sewn on like a t shirt. Every other team had nice curves, different cuts etc. Thought maybe it was just a rebel thing, but no, even the players cuts were simply a coloured t shirt...
Broncos got away from Nike just before they got super lazy and started heat-pressing all sponsor logos on - well established sponsors, too. The Nike AFL and A-League jerseys I’ve seen in recent years all have big plastic patches all over. They just don’t care about the Australian market. And yet, you still get people frothing over Nike.

QUESTION (just been thinking about clubs that got shafted, because of what Nine has said just recently)

Does anyone remember at the end of the 1998 season and they where in the process of culling clubs. The Adelaide Rams released there new kit for 1999 just before they got booted. I remember they showed the new kits on TV, would love to see if anyone has a pic of it.... I vaguely remember the kit.

Latest posts