What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Beatie has a plan

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
the PM is more interested in flogball and has nfi about Rugby League

f**k him

I partly agree with you there but it’s the bigger picture. Trump doesn’t overly love the NFL at the moment but still due to history has the winners come bye if they want to. Getting that access to the prime minister now or in a couple years when it’s the next one can help bucket loads.

davi

Juniors
Apparently the word is Peter Beattie will be gone by February and make way for NSW Racing chief executive Peter V'landys. If some a dissatisfied with his performance I just hope its for the right reasons. Sydney clubs getting angst about expansion and making it easier to relocate teams is not a good enough reason. Critics and fans generally are always dissatisfied with how the game is run because they cling to belief that NRL will one day match it with the AFL in terms of popularity or get back to rugby leagues hey day in the late eighties/early nineties. I will say that the level of dissatisfaction with John Grant was warranted but Peter Beattie on the other hand I would of have liked seen to stay longer before making a judgement.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/peter-...-vlandys/512ce338-7360-4e4e-bf1d-79407c963fdf

T-Boon

Coach
I think if this was AFL they would not let Beattie go without buttering him up in some way to make him an asset going into the future. NRL is extremely dumb at this type of stuff and Beattie will probably be essentially lost to the game. He has a lot of influence in Queensland and could really be an asset. But nope.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Has there ever been a less impacting chair and CEO than these two? Aside from a call for a review of expansion strategy has anything else of note taken place under Beatties watch?

Stallion

First Grade
Has there ever been a less impacting chair and CEO than these two? Aside from a call for a review of expansion strategy has anything else of note taken place under Beatties watch?

The non playing of a Kangaroos v LIONS test during a South Pacific Lions tour this year. Now that's a massive example of a mistake from the current administration . It has done the codes fans(& potential fans ) no favours. Along with embarassing the code itself.

insert.pause

First Grade
The non playing of a Kangaroos v LIONS test during a South Pacific Lions tour this year. Now that's a massive example of a mistake from the current administration . It has done the codes fans(& potential fans ) no favours. Along with embarassing the code itself.
Yep, not cost effective, but they are buying diamond rings for players wives...

Eion

First Grade
If he did a solitary thing, he should have sacked Greenberg. Both are duds. See ya, one to go.

simmo05

Bench
Beattie is a spud. Managed to squander mining boom profits to drought proof brisbane just before massive floods destroyed parts of the joint. Massive white elephant desal plant that has never run. And he is on the nrl commission? B smiffs 15g ring would have been miniscule compared to the damage this fool is capable of.