What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday vs Doggies - Rnd 23

Gronk

Staff member
Did anyone pick up Freddie's comment on the footy show about Fergo ? Pretty sure he said that the Eels have been working Fergo hard "like it was a pre-season" and he was a chance for next week.

Hopefully he will be good to start.

If Fergo plays and a week off will help Mennings with his knee, I'd start Taka in his place.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I can’t wait to see our backline at full strength, whenever that may be. Waqa Blake has been absolutely superb so far.

Gronk

Staff member
Injuries aside, this looks to be Mannah's best chance for a send off. Go Timmy!

TBH I hope they do give him a game. He won't let us down.

I did hear the lads on the Parra Podcast say that they reason why Timmy took that after the siren conversion last Bankwest game was because it was his last game there ever. :(

Soren Lorenson

First Grade

I did hear the lads on the Parra Podcast say that they reason why Timmy took that after the siren conversion last Bankwest game was because it was his last game there ever. :(
Does this mean we should expect to see him sitting on the scoreboard canning on on Thursday night?

hindy111

Post Whore

The difference between Tim,Alvaro,Gower and Terepo is minimal. Would be disrepecftul if he doesn't play in rnd 25 against Manly.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
No place for warm fuzzy send offs when we are aiming for a top 4 finish. If we were no chance of the finals, sure. But there’s a reason Tim hasn’t been picked for the majority of the season. Is Tepai etc any better? Not in my eyes, but BA has gotten us this far so I’m happy to run with his judgement.

muznik

Juniors
I can’t wait to see our backline at full strength, whenever that may be. Waqa Blake has been absolutely superb so far.

I'd have gone with "Waqa Blake was absolutely superb last week".
I was reasonably underwhelmed with him till then. Although I do acknowledge he was fitting into a new team & all. I just thought he lacked pace in the 1st game & didn't really impress until last week.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Yeah Wenty's final 2 regular season games are at Ringrose this week then Redfern the week after. Unless Mannah is picked in firsts or Wenty somehow win this week or next it's unlikely that Mannah plays at Parra stadium again.

Noise

Coach
There are often times I disagree with BA's teams selections but we are winning and a position in the top 8 or even top 4 are critical. Changing a winning team to give Tim a warm and fuzzy send off would be absolute stupidity. Unless player form drops off or injuries occur then those that want to send Timmy off as he does a lap of honour can go do so at Ringrose. There is nothing stopping you.

chiefy1

Juniors
The difference between Tim,Alvaro,Gower and Terepo is minimal. Would be disrepecftul if he doesn't play in rnd 25 against Manly.

For guys like Gower, winning is the be all and end all. With Timmy winning and losing is part of the hillsong's inevitable road to redemption. That's the difference

emjaycee

Coach
There are often times I disagree with BA's teams selections but we are winning and a position in the top 8 or even top 4 are critical. Changing a winning team to give Tim a warm and fuzzy send off would be absolute stupidity. Unless player form drops off or injuries occur then those that want to send Timmy off as he does a lap of honour can go do so at Ringrose. There is nothing stopping you.
Nothing to stop Timmy doing a lap of honour at half time in the Rnd 25 game. He doesn't have to have played to do a lap FFS.

Eelectrica

Referee
Doggies having a few wins lately should mean this game isn't taken lightly. That and it's the dogs and a top 4 spot still some chance.

Fire up Parra!

Noise

Coach
Nothing to stop Timmy doing a lap of honour at half time in the Rnd 25 game. He doesn't have to have played to do a lap FFS.
And I have also said that previously:
He can do a lap of honour and get a half time presentation at our final game against Manly.

My point is he shouldn't be picked for sentimental reasons like some here are saying.

For guys like Gower, winning is the be all and end all. With Timmy winning and losing is part of the hillsong's inevitable road to redemption. That's the difference
Good point. He's played 11 straight games in first grade and he does push himself very hard. Deserves a week off to recharge for the finals.

84 Baby

Referee
Probably. I'd be reserve grade standard too.
TBF to Timmynator he was above reserve grade standard when he was dropped. But unless BA decides to drop Tepai (even then our interchange would be stuffed), I can’t see Timmy getting a send off without someone getting injured