What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty and Aitken set to leave

Old Timer

Coach
SBD82 thats my major worry with our upcoming cleanout . If we have to stump up some coin for players to go elsewhere then it impacts on our ability to sign quality instead of journeymen .. Point in question say Pearson we signed him for 2 years do we keep him ? or more importantly who would take him with minimum cost to us if there are NO takers guess what we keep em in our top 30 !!! Great strategy I dont think so
I agree
Some still maintaining Millward’s doing a a great job????
FMD we will be well & truly exposed for
Lack of coaching skills
Lack of decent recruitment
Piss poor retention in respect of who we kept and who we let go
Upgrades granted to players to be released prior to contacts expiring
Total inability to grow any players skills.
If this year is bad then next year will be even worse unless a miracle occurs and Mc Grinner disappears to ESL.

possm

Coach
“ Oh we of little faith “ - this must be the beginning of the overdue clean out of players and as others have said finally the coach ! “ Hallelujah brothers - jump for joy as the time is upon us “ MAYBE . . . . .

Griffin as head coach with Brennan assistant coach
1. Lomax for Dufty
2. Saab on the left wing

3. Ramien for Aitken
4. Lafai for another season
5. Right wing will be a problem- Ravalawa or Pearson
6. Norman to five-eighth
7. Hunt at halfback

The above backline should be competitive and affordable.

8. Timm - - if he stays
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Leilua
13. Frizell

14. K Sims
15. Kerr
16. Graham
17. Ford

Griffin as head coach with Brennan assistant coach
1. Lomax for Dufty
2. Saab on the left wing
3. Ramien for Aitken
4. Lafai for another season
5. Right wing will be a problem- Ravalawa or Pearson
6. Norman to five-eighth
7. Hunt at halfback

The above backline should be competitive and affordable.

8. Timm - - if he stays
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Leilua
13. Frizell

14. K Sims
15. Kerr
16. Graham
17. Ford
You lost me at Brennan poss he proved his worth at the gold Coast way out of his depth would rather a ciraldo or Jason ryles big no from me

P
We should have signed Hasler when he was available. The Board and those fans who favoured Mary have egg on their face.
Part of me thinks he’s right where he is manly is is home and he’s comfortable there hence why in part it fell apart at Canterbury

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Yep...I’m still scratching my head about that one. Not good enough to be at the club next year, but this year, you’ll be in first grade all year.

Obviously there has been a comprehensive pre- end of season review and the findings have been that Aitken and Dufty have been responsible for the poor performance of our esteemed coach and they must pay with their careers at the Dragons.

BLM01

First Grade
I agree
Some still maintaining Millward’s doing a a great job????
FMD we will be well & truly exposed for
Lack of coaching skills
Lack of decent recruitment
Piss poor retention in respect of who we kept and who we let go
Upgrades granted to players to be released prior to contacts expiring
Total inability to grow any players skills.
If this year is bad then next year will be even worse unless a miracle occurs and Mc Grinner disappears to ESL.

Agree with most u say except who have we let go that we should not have?
We have mostly resigned our better players that we should have.

It is not all recruitments fault except they have bought and resigned the wrong depth (in conjunction with McFook who gets a BIG say in recruitment) and cap money available and Yes we paid overs for Hunt but needed to.
Lafai was a mistake and a knee jerk reaction to a handful of Ok games and a good pre-season
The Allgood, Latimore, Maranta experiments are clearly on McGregor who is starry eyed in regards to NRL experience and they are here based on his wishes
Garrick would probably be the only one you can throw in for argument that we let go that we could of kept
I was all for Dufty being resigned. I dont blame recruitment there I blame McFook for non ability to coach and utilise his strengths and improve his flaws.
JDB has hamstrung us financially this year but his money can be freed up next year
We should have a bit of cash to spend for next year with a few others to depart.

Old Timer

Coach
Agree with most u say except who have we let go that we should not have?
We have mostly resigned our better players that we should have.

It is not all recruitments fault except they have bought and resigned the wrong depth (in conjunction with McFook who gets a BIG say in recruitment) and cap money available and Yes we paid overs for Hunt but needed to.
Lafai was a mistake and a knee jerk reaction to a handful of Ok games and a good pre-season
The Allgood, Latimore, Maranta experiments are clearly on McGregor who is starry eyed in regards to NRL experience and they are here based on his wishes
Garrick would probably be the only one you can throw in for argument that we let go that we could of kept
I was all for Dufty being resigned. I dont blame recruitment there I blame McFook for non ability to coach and utilise his strengths and improve his flaws.
JDB has hamstrung us financially this year but his money can be freed up next year
We should have a bit of cash to spend for next year with a few others to depart.
I was always pro Dugan and would have tried a lot harder to retain LAM.

BLM01

First Grade
I was always pro Dugan and would have tried a lot harder to retain LAM.
LAM agree but got too much money and he is not goining that good now at the Warriors as is nearing the end but better than our ageing props
If you wanted Dugan i firmly disagree. I would agree only on half the money Sharks and we were paying him.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
LAM agree but got too much money and he is not goining that good now at the Warriors as is nearing the end but better than our ageing props
If you wanted Dugan i firmly disagree. I would agree only on half the money Sharks and we were paying him.

Apparently, we are in talks with Dugan for 2020.

LAM, if im not mistaken, his wife wanted to return home to NZ for family reasons.

BLM01

First Grade

LAM, if im not mistaken, his wife wanted to return home to NZ for family reasons.
Exactly re LAM we were never going to retain him as per OKB
That has got to be a gee-up re Dugan...stop doing it too me DS
Although for 350Kto 400K max i'd take him

Bench
That article also mentioned that Brown was safe at Newcastle. Next report on another league site says he willl be gone, apparently he had performance clause in his contract.
If the writer got that wrong maybe his story abou Aitken and Dufty might be BS

brokendigit

Juniors
That article also mentioned that Brown was safe at Newcastle. Next report on another league site says he willl be gone, apparently he had performance clause in his contract.
If the writer got that wrong maybe his story abou Aitken and Dufty might be BS
Brownie doesn't have a contract. It's a handshake.

giboz71

First Grade

If the Sharks stump up for half then effectively we'd be paying Duges 400k to replace Aitken (almost like for like salary wise).

As much as I've never been his biggest fan, I'd take that deal in a heartbeat. And we have an instant back up fullback as well.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Obviously there has been a comprehensive pre- end of season review and the findings have been that Aitken and Dufty have been responsible for the poor performance of our esteemed coach and they must pay with their careers at the Dragons.

End of season review performed by Mark “just one more schooner for the road” Coyne. Yep...makes perfect sense why he endorsed Mcf**kwit...he was drunk.