What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Black Hole

Eelementary

Post Whore
It’s even funnier because even the Steelers fans on this forum have been posting shitloads of stuff about AB since he left...

Like a jilted lover... :joy::joy:

I love it!

I know he has his issues, but he is such a brilliant player, and the way he stirs pot is hilarious!

Frederick

Staff member
A.B. faces potential discipline after GM altercation
Published: Sep 05, 2019 at 10:01 am
Updated: Sep 05, 2019 at 11:33 am

Rapoport: 'Legitimate discipline' expected for A.B., which could lose him $30M in guarantees

Antonio Brown is back in the news. And he might be off the field again.

The Raiders are planning to discipline the wide receiver stemming from a verbal altercation with general manager Mike Mayock, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Thursday, via sources informed of the situation. Rapoport added that Mayock was frustrated with Brown for posting a fine letter on Instagram on Wednesday, with the two getting into a heated exchange on the practice field later the same day that was witnessed by players.

Things did not get physical, per Rapoport, but after a screaming match, Brown told Mayock that he would hit him in the face, and then he punted a football before telling the GM to fine him for that.

ESPN first reported the news of a potential discipline.

Mayock told reporters Brown won't practice Thursday and wasn't at the team facility.

"I don't have any more information," he said. "When we do, I'll get it to you. That's it for today."

On Wednesday, Brown took to social media to publish a letter from the Raiders stating he was being fined $13,950 because of an "unexcused" absence from a walk-through on Aug. 22 and noted he was "previously fined $40,000 for missing Raiders' preseason training camp" on Aug. 18.

A.B.'s post included the following response superimposed on a screenshot of the note: "When your own team want to hate but there's no stopping me now devil is a lie. Everyone got to pay this year so we clear."

A suspension for detrimental conduct could affect Brown's $30 million in guarantees, according to Rapoport.

"If the team suspends him for conduct detrimental, they can prove it, they show that this is not a one-time occurrence that this was something that's happened several times," Rapoport said on NFL NOW. "He could lose his guaranteed money -- $30 million, potentially allowing the Raiders to move on from his contract. Obviously this has been a nightmare offseason for the Raiders and Antonio Brown and it sounds like it's gotten worse.

"At this point we're still trying to figure out is it a suspension? Is it definitely off the field on Sunday? Is it discipline? From what I understand this is moving incredibly fast and they'll be on the practice field in about 30 minutes. ... If it is a suspension then we'll see the team potentially coming after his guaranteed money."

NFL Network's Mike Silver reported the situation between the Raiders and Brown might be unsalvageable.

Silver: I'd be 'shocked' if A.B. ever played game for Raiders

"It started with, 'Wow, this guy's a little out there but we can manage it,'" Silver explained on NFL NOW. "Then it was, 'We have a problem but if we're really, really nice to him and we just tell him that we're on his side he'll be OK.' Then they went the good cop/bad cop, with Mike Mayock obviously playing the bad cop. I can not see this at this point being salvageable. This is a situation where you have one player adhering to a completely different set of rules in multiple areas. ...

"Look at the Raiders' history for decades. You think they'll go after the money? I think it's a pretty good bet that if this degenerates like the way I think it will, they will absolutely try to get every dollar back that they can from Antonio Brown."

The Raiders host the Denver Broncos on Monday night.

That madden curse has outdone itself

Frederick

Staff member
It’s even funnier because even the Steelers fans on this forum have been posting shitloads of stuff about AB since he left...

Like a jilted lover... :joy::joy:
Definitely not jilted...more enjoying life now that my franchise is cancer free!

Yours on the other hand.....

shiznit

Coach
Alleged rapist. No conviction recorded.

Much like Gareon Conley ....
What a load of horseshit...

Gareon Conley wasn’t charged because after an investigation a grand jury decided it wasn’t worth an indictment... Conley ended up taking his accuser to court for damages...

Big Ben has been accused TWICE!!

Once in a civil suit that he ended up settling out of court...

The 2nd... the police decided not to go forward with the charges because the victim and her family didn’t want to go through the pain of a public trial.

The NFL suspended him anyway...

shiznit

Coach
Mike Mayock needs to walk. I just don’t see him and Gruden succeeding together
That depends on how well our draft picks go...

I will admit... this isn’t great for Mayock...

But TBH he was hired for his drafting ability.