What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown to Depart at Season’s End

Snap decision time for the club.

f**ked if I know what the best outcome is here. Sacking McGregor is obviously a good move, but locking in brownie for min 3 years?
At least with Brown at the helm we would be playing a decent brand of football.
I think our fans would be happy with that as a stepping stone to our next Premiership.
At least we would start enjoying our footy once again.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Brown is probably only a slight upgrade over Mary. f**k that. Let’s bring in a real coach. What’s Flanno up to these days?

St Georgio

Juniors
Funny the dumbest decision was Brownies appointment in 2003 as head coach, but fast forward to today, Brownie would be ideal for us.
He has done his apprenticeship with us 2003-2008, Gone to England won a comp with St Helens, rebuilt the biggest case of all time in Newcastle, he oozes so much experience now, more so than McWreckor.
I would welcome Brownies with Open Arms!
2003–08 St. George Illawarra 151 80 0 71 53
2009–12 Huddersfield Giants 131 76 1 54 58
2013–14 St Helens 62 39 1 22 63.
Even as an Apprentice with the Dragons he has a better win/loss percentage than McWreckor.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
It’s a massive no from me, I’d rather Mary and I’m not even joking. We need Demetriou, Brown has been at numerous clubs and not done anything of note including our club when it was as laden with talent as it’s ever been. Everything Demetriou has touched has turned to gold. He’s done his apprenticeship let’s sign him up before Newcastle or the Cowboys do.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Consider this .................. Admittedly, we have a better roster.

Overall Brown has coached 93 games at Newcastle for just 24 wins and 68 losses.

His win percentage of 25.8 is the lowest of any Newcastle coach in history, although it’s accepted Brown adopted a weak roster.

He had previously coached 151 at St George Illawarra for 80 games.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade

His win percentage of 25.8 is the lowest of any Newcastle coach in history, although it’s accepted Brown adopted a weak roster.

There is no way Brown had a worse squad than we have now, I actually think he had the best Stg/ill squad yet for most years and probably better than Bennett had in many ways. But we have probably the best 9 we have had including Brown and should build our squad around him.

St Georgio

Juniors

I knew it would haven't taken long for someone to bring up this stat. please ignore it.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
It’s a massive no from me, I’d rather Mary and I’m not even joking. We need Demetriou, Brown has been at numerous clubs and not done anything of note including our club when it was as laden with talent as it’s ever been. Everything Demetriou has touched has turned to gold. He’s done his apprenticeship let’s sign him up before Newcastle or the Cowboys do.

I'd prefer JD but would back Brown to get us out of this downward spiral with Paul...

hewi

Bench
Take Brown on the same performance contract as he had at Newcastle, make the eight or gone. Nothing to lose and better than what we have. Drop Ravalawa bring in Pearson, huge call.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm curious as to why he left. I mean, I know the Knights are not going to hit the 8, but they've got an upswing and are likely to do better again next year. They really pressed some teams early and mid season.

With Ponga as fullback too, its like he's walked away from a once in a million player.

If he's left as he knows he's done his best and knows someone else needs to take them a step further, then sure - I respect that. But it all seems too... easy?

Latest posts