What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nathan Brown gone

Jean Capdouze

Juniors
Could the St George Illawarra Dragons be possibly targeting him to replace Paul “Mary” Macgregor to rebuild that pathetic excuse of a club?

BadnMean

Juniors
Connor Watson (NSW country)
Mitchell Pearce (NSW)
SKD (NZ)
Tautau Moga (Samoa)
Edrick Lee (Aboriginal All Stars)
Jesse Ramien (Aboriginal All Stars)
Mason Lino (Samoa)
Aidan Guerra (AUS)
Herman Eseése (Samoa)
Jamie Buhrer (NSW)
Tim Glasby (QLD)
James Gavet (Samoa)
David Klemmer (AUS)

All of these guys played rep football before being recruited to the Knights by Brown.

Pretty sure at the meeting where he was sacked they just dropped this list on the table under the heading "recruitment" & fired him on the spot.

What a sorry bunch of merkins to bring in.

jiorl

Juniors
Credit where credit is due, he led the Knights through some tough times and rebuilt them after the Bennett/Tinkler disaster. I think it is the right decision to let him go/step down (whatever happened) and start anew. They still need some more troops, but i think they will be back in the 8 next year, if not this year somehow.

Xcalibre

Juniors
So, 2 rep players recruited...

Obviously he didn’t recruit “an entire team of rep players” as the person you quoted said, but i’d say 4, since like I said, KP was a rep player, he just hadn’t made it yet, but since has under Brown. And SKD has played for NZ. Probably some others too, maybe Gavet and Ese’ese?

Also, players like Watson and Ramien are better than average. One of the Saifitis has now rep’d too.

All in all he should have done better with the players at his disposal.

The unknown

Juniors
Has a similar feel to his dragons coaching career, could build a nice squad but couldn't finish it off with success.

Watch a good coach come in now and swoop in with consecutive finals appearances, because they definitely have a top 8 team on paper

super_coach

First Grade
Most clubs who basically overhaul their whole roster take a couple years to reap the benefits. I would have given Brownie another year

MrBlack

Juniors
so who are the candidates?

Griffin
Brennan
Barrett (lol)
Toovey
Walters
Sheens (lol)

I think you'll find that Brennan is from Newcastle, so he is the most likely of that group.

He is also a better coach than the Titans made out.

However, get ready for Walters to start denying interest like he did with the Titans.

80% of the comp are rep players if you apply this criteria

Connor Watson (NSW country)
Mitchell Pearce (NSW)
SKD (NZ)
Tautau Moga (Samoa)
Edrick Lee (Aboriginal All Stars)
Jesse Ramien (Aboriginal All Stars)
Mason Lino (Samoa)
Aidan Guerra (AUS)
Herman Eseése (Samoa)
Jamie Buhrer (NSW)
Tim Glasby (QLD)
James Gavet (Samoa)
David Klemmer (AUS)

All of these guys played rep football before being recruited to the Knights by Brown.

Frailty

First Grade
Shame I liked Brownie. Players have let him down, for the caliber he has brought to the club they should have got more wins.

So if he brought a high calibre of players to the team, isn't it also his fault if he can't get them performing.
He recruited who he wanted, and hasn't managed to get them to perform. He just isn't a good coach.

Latest posts