What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty and Aitken set to leave

merahputih

Juniors
Then why is Mary still playing him ? Perhaps not his decision to move him on ? irony here is another club could turn Aitkin into a very good NRL player !
It's very hard to think of one player that has developed and improved their game under McGregor in six years.

RedVDave

First Grade
Feel bad for Dufty he is a confidence player and Mary plays him for 3 minutes off the bench and expects him to single-handedly win the game for us. No wonder the poor buggers confidence is shot.

jeffdragon

Bench
Asked to look elsewhere.
They might still stay with us.
Who will we get If they leave?
Two reserve grade nuffies who will be just as crap.

Vinnie

Juniors
Dufty could probably stay and with good coaching could be a very good player !!! I don't buy and have never bought this size and defensive (at the early stages of careers) bullshit. Barba, Milford, Bowen, Coote, Gordon (just to name a few) never had size and their defence was terrible at the start but they had speed and good coaching and that made the players they were.
We have so many gifted backs youngsters with huge huge wraps on them (Field, Lomax, Dufty, Sailor, Masters, Saab just to name a few but not one of them can go to the next level but yet every other clubs juniors do !! to me that has to be the coaching !!! And one by one we will lose them and they will be good players at other clubs ....... Rueben Garrick is just the start.
And the same of the above applies to forwards ...
We have a coach whose response to bad games is changing wingers over and over again .... But the problem our centres are there every week
where do we go ? How do we win ? I give up ....

TruSaint

Referee
Lafai is playing like he did get notice. Very disappointing since coming back from injury. I dont recall one offload.

He has been terrible of late, agree with you 100%.

Its not just the off loads, he doesn't get involved at all and when he does makes zero impact. He was known for his swerve / step and as u say, off load. He now offers nothing. Aitken cops a lot of crap and he should, but Lafai should also be called out.

I have supported Mary for a long time but the belief has run dry.

IMO there is nothing wrong with the team, they just don't have attacking structure and their efforts are wasted at the critical moments.

Mary has to own their dismal backline shape.

possm

Coach
You lost me at Brennan poss he proved his worth at the gold Coast way out of his depth would rather a ciraldo or Jason ryles big no from me
Proved to be good as an assistant coach (reserve grade Penrith) but not so good as a head coach. With Brown, Griffin, Toovey and Brennan on the market now, I think Brown is a good fit. Maybe we get Ponga and Ramien as well.

Swap:
Dufty for Ponga
Aitken for Ramien
Mary for Brown

Frank Facer

First Grade
Proved to be good as an assistant coach (reserve grade Penrith) but not so good as a head coach. With Brown, Griffin, Toovey and Brennan on the market now, I think Brown is a good fit. Maybe we get Ponga and Ramien as well.

Swap:
Dufty for Ponga
Aitken for Ramien
Mary for Brown
If we get Brown, then that certainly rules out Ramien. As for Ponga, that would be a dream come true or even a miracle.

Latest posts