What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dufty and Aitken set to leave

Proved to be good as an assistant coach (reserve grade Penrith) but not so good as a head coach. With Brown, Griffin, Toovey and Brennan on the market now, I think Brown is a good fit. Maybe we get Ponga and Ramien as well.

Swap:
Dufty for Ponga
Aitken for Ramien
Mary for Brown
Ramien and brown butted heads won’t happen and my fear is if Brennan is assistant when the senior coach is eventually sacked Brennan inevitably takes over and he’s a dud and we’re stuck with Mary redux

He has been terrible of late, agree with you 100%.

Its not just the off loads, he doesn't get involved at all and when he does makes zero impact. He was known for his swerve / step and as u say, off load. He now offers nothing. Aitken cops a lot of crap and he should, but Lafai should also be called out.
Lafai,Norman,aitken, are in my opinion frontrunners who only put in and play well when the team is winning i the team is well behind you don’t see them

TruSaint

Referee
Lafai,Norman,aitken, are in my opinion frontrunners who only put in and play well when the team is winning i the team is well behind you don’t see them

Fair call.
I only highlighted Lafai and Aitken as they have been part of the furniture with us for years. I have given it to Euen time and again, and always thought that Lafai was worth keeping. However this year he has been way off. Zero impact in a game.

BLM01

First Grade
Proved to be good as an assistant coach (reserve grade Penrith) but not so good as a head coach. With Brown, Griffin, Toovey and Brennan on the market now, I think Brown is a good fit. Maybe we get Ponga and Ramien as well.

Swap:
Dufty for Ponga
Aitken for Ramien
Mary for Brown
Forget Brown as head coach as the Dragons...lets look elsewhere..

nontime111

Juniors
Dufty and Aiken will come back to bite us under the right coach
I think thats garbage, Aitken is a park player as he CANNOT defend at all
DUfty is amazing in attack and he WAS given a very good go...he failed Im ok with him going we cant have players who leak points , who cannot DEFEND, who LOSE games for us as each coach knows all you have to do is target the little fella, Duff, OR the utterly atrocious defender Aitken, these 2 LOSE games for us each week, Im so over our LEAKING HOLES of amateurs who CANNOT tackle for the life of them, I love Duffs effort /// no questioning both of their efforts, also Aitken I do, I see them try, just not good enough for first grade thats all.,

we have lost SO many games from these 2...also Ravalawa loses us games...Id love to see the end of this lot:

Duff
Aitken
Laughi ( yes he can tackle and tries hard but is just to slow now and only has the flick, one trick pony)
Pearson ( offers nothing)
Ravalwa ( I love something about him, raw strong rangy fast powerful but man he CANNOT CATCH if a gun was held to his head he MUST go also a total match loser, hes lost us a few and coaches will target his side in future, its the little leaks that cost us...and there were 3 all year, Duff, Rav and Aitcant
I cant wait to see the end of HUNT era ta half also sorry fella, you cannot tackle for us you sh*(^^ in our face by tackling SO good for QLD but then come back to us and jump up around the tops of their body and they just flick you off like a mouse, too small
I cant stand NORMAN either but were stuck with him, he doesnt even try, Mr TOO cool....doesnt want to get hurt, doesnt want to get dirty...his heart is NOT with our club just there for the paycheque and its too much also for what he does ( the stylish kick and good ballplaying but we can do better)

I cant wait for the day that Sullivan develops and can play hes a future Thurston possibly better....mark my words

I love Sailor also, If he can learn to tackle men, and he hasnt truly had his chance yet so give him a go...hes one hell of a natural footballer like Sullivan, very similar, a true half, not winger or FB I dont think, so let him shine in his natural position as 5/8
I long to see the day we have a young brilliant halves combo of Sailor and Sullivan but its still a few years away this is the key frustration

even if he cant tackle 100 percent, thats football, sometimes you have gun defenders tight as a ship but with not the best or most spontaneous imaginative attack, well with Sailor youll at least youll be assured of a few tries set up by him alone each game so the points on the board should ease any stray tries that get past his D if hes not perfect yet...I think Hunts so bad at D Sailors way better in Attack than both Norman and Hunt so I cant wait to see him tear opposition teams to shreds, him and Sullivan would CARVE for us! like 2 Mundines on ultra speed.... get em in there....and a new coach, piss of the dead wood well be ok, have faith my brethren

Latts is gone thank god for that....he was becoming the new Marketo!

Having said all this..if we can keep FRIZZ I think he is the key gun of our pack, well be ok in backs and forwards, Ford and Luch will be STARS for us...get rid of all bad defenders and well stop leaks, only have a bad defender if theyre scoring OR setting up more points each week...Rav loses games and doesnt score many, hes no Meninga as I thought he may turn int, cant catch, its huge for him, Id ONLY keep Rav if he CAN learn how to catch, off season brother, CATCH the damn thing and youll be ok.....I like Rav I hope he can learn this or he must go...

I dont like Pearson, he had a go, too slow just hasnt got 'it' Sailor being a junior AND mighty mighty WENDELLS son! im still pissed that Pearson come into first grade ahead of poor Sailor also Rav hes better than them both combined sorry youll soon see, yes im a QLDER but im not biased as far as my beloved Dragons go...I hate losing, I demand SUCCESS it sucks and is very depressing this whole last decade...wasted opportunities , constant whole wasted seasons, end the rot give us our CHAMPION TEAM back!! and CLUB!

ok, next season Id love to see this backline, leading into the transition of Sailor and Sullivan to the halves

1) ANY decent succesful NRL first grade Fullback ( looks like we may be in talks with one, I guess its Coote Im ok with that hes three times a Duff or anyone we have for that position bar Lomax who Id love to see stay a centre)
2) Sailor for now till Normans contracts up then BAM into 5/8
3) Lomax
4) Lafai ( it will be sad as it is, hes our only option for centre currently unless we buy a better one, but at LEAST the points leak wont come from his side as he can tackle)
5) Saab ( he will be a superstar)
6) Norman
7) Hunt

sorry for long rant or repeating myself Im so worried sick for us, I fear for our clubs life actually and it breaks my heart to see us turn such a rusty, dusty neglected rabble...and joke, ENOUGH!

we CAN turn things around.....new coach will see this, as this idiot cant see sh*()&^&!

sorry for bad editing ive had a few, I blame the Bald Wrecker who cant get out of his own way , even soully for the love of the club, greater good of our club and specially as he claims to bleed red and white well stand down Mary PROVE it as a true blooded sincere true spirit team player!! AND Dragons fan OR supp[orter!!...

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
DUfty is amazing in attack and he WAS given a very good go...he failed Im ok with him going we cant have players who leak points , who cannot DEFEND, who LOSE games for us as each coach knows all you have to do is target the little fella, Duff, OR the utterly atrocious defender Aitken, these 2 LOSE games for us each week, Im so over our LEAKING HOLES of amateurs who CANNOT tackle for the life of them, I love Duffs effort /// no questioning both of their efforts, also Aitken I do, I see them try, just not good enough for first grade thats all.,

we have lost SO many games from these 2...also Ravalawa loses us games...Id love to see the end of this lot:

Duff
Aitken
Laughi ( yes he can tackle and tries hard but is just to slow now and only has the flick, one trick pony)
Ravalwa ( I love something about him, raw strong rangy fast powerful but man he CANNOT CATCH if a gun was held to his head he MUST go also a total match loser, hes lost us a few and coaches will target his side in future, its the little leaks that cost us...and there were 3 all year, Duff, Rav and Aitcant
I cant wait to see the end of HUNT era ta half also sorry fella, you cannot tackle for us you sh*(^^ in our face by tackling SO good for QLD but then come back to us and jump up around the tops of their body and they just flick you off like a mouse, too small
I cant stand NORMAN either but were stuck with him, he doesnt even try, Mr TOO cool....doesnt want to get hurt, doesnt want to get dirty...his heart is NOT with our club just there for the paycheque and its too much also for what he does ( the stylish kick and good ballplaying but we can do better)

I cant wait for the day that Sullivan develops and can play hes a future Thurston possibly better....mark my words

I love Sailor also, If he can learn to tackle men, and he hasnt truly had his chance yet so give him a go...hes one hell of a natural footballer like Sullivan, very similar, a true half, not winger or FB I dont think, so let him shine in his natural position as 5/8
I long to see the day we have a young brilliant halves combo of Sailor and Sullivan but its still a few years away this is the key frustration

even if he cant tackle 100 percent, thats football, sometimes you have gun defenders tight as a ship but with not the best or most spontaneous imaginative attack, well with Sailor youll at least youll be assured of a few tries set up by him alone each game so the points on the board should ease any stray tries that get past his D if hes not perfect yet...I think Hunts so bad at D Sailors way better in Attack than both Norman and Hunt so I cant wait to see him tear opposition teams to shreds, him and Sullivan would CARVE for us! like 2 Mundines on ultra speed.... get em in there....and a new coach, piss of the dead wood well be ok, have faith my brethren

Having said all this..if we can keep FRIZZ I think he is the key gun of our pack, well be ok in backs and forwards, Ford and Luch will be STARS for us...get rid of all bad defenders and well stop leaks, only have a bad defender if theyre scoring OR setting up more points each week...Rav loses games and doesnt score many, hes no Meninga as I thought he may turn int, cant catch, its huge for him, Id ONLY keep Rav if he CAN learn how to catch, off season brother, CATCH the damn thing and youll be ok.....I like Rav I hope he can learn this or he must go...

I dont like Pearson, he had a go, too slow just hasnt got 'it' Sailor being a junior AND mighty mighty WENDELLS son! im still pissed that Pearson come into first grade ahead of poor Sailor also Rav hes better than them both combined sorry youll soon see, yes im a QLDER but im not biased as far as my beloved Dragons go...I hate losing, I demand SUCCESS it sucks and is very depressing this whole last decade...wasted opportunities , constant whole wasted seasons, end the rot give us our CHAMPION TEAM back!! and CLUB!

ok, next season Id love to see this backline, leading into the transition of Sailor and Sullivan to the halves

1) ANY decent succesful NRL first grade Fullback ( looks like we may be in talks with one, I guess its Coote Im ok with that hes three times a Duff or anyone we have for that position bar Lomax who Id love to see stay a centre)
3) Lomax
4) Lafai ( it will be sad as it is, hes our only option for centre currently unless we buy a better one, but at LEAST the points leak wont come from his side as he can tackle)
6) Norman
7) Hunt

sorry for long rant or repeating myself Im so worried sick for us, I fear for our clubs life actually and it breaks my heart to see us turn such a rusty, dusty neglected rabble...and joke, ENOUGH!

we CAN turn things around.....new coach will see this, as this idiot cant see sh*()&^&!

but a total turnstyle as bad at D as Aitkant goodbye....take
WOW!

Duff
Aitken

3) Lomax
6) Norman
7) Hunt

but a total turnstyle as bad at D as Aitkant goodbye....take

Guess we’ll see in the coming seasons who was right :grin:

nontime111

Juniors
sorry for the rant, Im just for the first time viewing our game on the weekend, busy musician here and synth nerd country bumpkin way out in the sticks so I dont have much coverage outside chanel 9 website or the clubs website, but I just found the replay and am only up to the end of act 1, first half... my saddest 40 minutes as a fan this is a new low in my 45 years as a utter Saints nutter , but damn Luch and Ford look good , Lawrie goes hard I like him a lot and Frizz is always great a positive...and our true heroes are Graham and Mcinnis!!! Graham, such a short stint really, as a Dragon in his long career but dang it if hes not seriously one of my favourite St George signings as a players of ALL!

gorilla

First Grade

Duff
Aitken

3) Lomax
6) Norman
7) Hunt

sorry for bad editing ive had a few, I blame the Bald Wrecker who cant get out of his own way , even soully for the love of the club, greater good of our club and specially as he claims to bleed red and white well stand down Mary PROVE it as a true blooded sincere true spirit team player!! AND Dragons fan OR supp[orter!!...
Haha, lollsie. "ive had a few"

nontime111

Juniors
about Norman.......Im still 50. 50 on him...I think hes a good fella at heart a TRUE footballer I do like him a lot when hes putting in and I think theyve all just kind of given up it looks....hopefully when were WINNING again and DO have a coach and team to PLAY for....I think hell put in then and come good hes done that a few time sin his career, seems to lose interest if its not with playing or out of finals contention I could be wrong hope not I like him amazing skill, yeah, when he gets the taste of winning again hell get dirty and come alive im sure of it

Old Timer

Coach
about Norman.......Im still 50. 50 on him...I think hes a good fella at heart a TRUE footballer I do like him a lot when hes putting in and I think theyve all just kind of given up it looks....hopefully when were WINNING again and DO have a coach and team to PLAY for....I think hell put in then and come good hes done that a few time sin his career, seems to lose interest if its not with playing or out of finals contention I could be wrong hope not I like him amazing skill, yeah, when he gets the taste of winning again hell get dirty and come alive im sure of it
Norman is an out & out dud.
We gave him a lifeline so he has every reason to not only put in but do over and above and that doesn't happen. Far too casual for mine.
A fair weather footballer at best and he fits into our holiday coast culture just like a hand fits into a glove or in Mc Grinner's case a dick into a condom.

Norman is an out & out dud.
We gave him a lifeline so he has every reason to not only put in but do over and above and that doesn't happen. Far too casual for mine.
A fair weather footballer at best and he fits into our holiday coast culture just like a hand fits into a glove or in Mc Grinner's case a dick into a condom.
He’s what they call a downhill skier lol

Crush

Coach
Hardly a cleanout.
Dufty playing reserve grade and Aitken only there because Lomax was injured.
So we are moving on 2 reserve graders.
#cleanout

Latest posts