What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where will you be on the Day Cameron Smith plays his 400th NRL Game?

some11

Referee
What exactly do people want him suspended for? The video footage clearly shows he grabs the jersey and moves his fist with the jersey up to the players ear. He doesn't grab the ear.

fLBg2k5.jpg

some11

Referee
Like everything Smith does, it's all pre-planned. Back to the main broadcast camera - I'm glad the photographers and in-goal camera caught it.

Last edited:

taxidriver

Coach
What exactly do people want him suspended for? The video footage clearly shows he grabs the jersey and moves his fist with the jersey up to the players ear. He doesn't grab the ear.

There are plenty of real incidents that can be used against him, but this isn't one.
It should be like a lifetime achievement award

A career full of being a merkin would be a good start

Frailty

First Grade

Thanks for another photo where he clearly has the jersey in his hand. He was penalised for dragging it across his head. But that's just not suspension worthy.

I find it really odd that the people complaining about suspensions and the game going soft are now advocating for a facial that happens in every game.

I'm not even a Smith fan. I don't like him. I think he is an arrogant prick who gets away with too much - but this simply isn't a suspension worthy act.

SadShark

Bench
Thanks for another photo where he clearly has the jersey in his hand. He was penalised for dragging it across his head. But that's just not suspension worthy.

I find it really odd that the people complaining about suspensions and the game going soft are now advocating for a facial that happens in every game.

I'm not even a Smith fan. I don't like him. I think he is an arrogant prick who gets away with too much - but this simply isn't a suspension worthy act.
The most sublime kaaarntedry you’re ever gunna see from a sneaky, devious perick who is begging for an after game, car park “conversation“.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors

There are plenty of real incidents that can be used against him, but this isn't one.

Completely agree, he’s played over 500 games with origins and Aus games inc and this is the tackle that gets a notice? I would say that because of who he is, anything he does gets extra attention. Would that not mean he doesn’t get favoured and In fact it’s the opposite?

Next time a player puts there knuckles on someone’s ears the public should expect the player to get a notice? Smith ran the ball 3 times in that game and one of those times Bateman nearly twisted his neck off? If storm had done that instead there would be another outcry.

I think the public and more so clubs and ceos, need to be careful about publicizing their opinions because it will come back to bite them. Hope the storm employ a computer analyst and public shame every player and club that performs a (not in the spirit) act on another player.

What people say and what actually happens are sometimes 2 different things. Facts are facts.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ha...the-ruck-more-than-storm-20190820-p52j0h.html

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Rubbish on the face

The ref may useless but he isn’t stupid.

Rubbish to the head yes fair enough, and I honesty believe he would of accepted that but the face? Hmmmm
Smith never touched his face no wonder he was gobsmacked by the refs wording. After McGuires recent transgressions smiths actions are not even close.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Just rewatched the footage. And gotta agree its a jersey grab first, rather than a straight ear pull. He then puts pressure around the ears/ temple.

Still a merkin though and maybe his merkinry is catching up with him.

carcharias

Immortal
Rubbish on the face
merkin has being doing it for years.

The old elbow to the head of a bloke pinned to the ground trick is classic Smith.
Smith will make it look like he is unaware by looking around and throwing a concerned look to he his defensive line or some bollocks.

He is not fooling anyone.

merkin of a bloke with a track record for cheating.

Stormwarrior82

Juniors
Rubbish on the face
merkin has being doing it for years.

The old elbow to the head of a bloke pinned to the ground trick is classic Smith.
Smith will make it look like he is unaware by looking around and throwing a concerned look to he his defensive line or some bollocks.

He is not fooling anyone.

merkin of a bloke with a track record for cheating.

Rubbish on the face, Doing it for years....? Apart from you just saying so .....proof? Would he not of been treated like McGuire if he was a repeat offender?

Like I said, smith is no clean skin and he never professes to be. When someone picks out less than 5 issues in a 500 game career he can’t be too much of a grub. Jealous much?

You do know you support Cronulla! I don’t think you have any grounds to take the moral high ground on cheating.

carcharias

Immortal
Rubbish on the face, Doing it for years....? Apart from you just saying so .....proof? Would he not of been treated like McGuire if he was a repeat offender?

Like I said, smith is no clean skin and he never professes to be. When someone picks out less than 5 issues in a 500 game career he can’t be too much of a grub. Jealous much?

You do know you support Cronulla! I don’t think you have any grounds to take the moral high ground on cheating.

Rubbish on the face

Doing it his entire career

Among other shit.
Stealing a mouth guard from the ground ...
that sums up the absolute level of a low pathetic merkin he is.

myrrh ken

First Grade

Wishbone tackle on Proctor
Kicking out at Luke
Grapple on Thaiday
Chicken wing on Feki
Elbow to the back of head in WCC
Now ear pull
Signing 2 contracts
Arguing with the ref after the mckinnon tackle

Plenty of sly elbows and workovers in the ruck like this

carcharias

Immortal
Wishbone tackle on Proctor