What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Top 30

Fangs

Coach
Leota is a good squad filler but probably shouldn't be in the top 17. He's just behind that level

He is better than the fraud RCG..not that it is saying much

Yes and yes.

Though I like keeping Leota around. 24 years old. And as they say, prop forwards tend to get better with age.

RCG is the in the same boat. 26 years old, played over 100 first grade games, rep football etc. Difference is his huge contract and his form is barely first grade standard.

martielang

Bench
I don't agree Leota's a level below first grade. Maybe a year or two ago but since then he's consistently improved & would be in the 17 or close to for most clubs. Doesn't let up defensively & is effective with ball in hand, rarely gets monstered in tackles.

Imo his minutes should be upped. Looks in great shape & his performances seem to improve with the more minutes he's given.

OldPanther

Coach
I don't agree Leota's a level below first grade. Maybe a year or two ago but since then he's consistently improved & would be in the 17 or close to for most clubs. Doesn't let up defensively & is effective with ball in hand, rarely gets monstered in tackles.

Imo his minutes should be upped. Looks in great shape & his performances seem to improve with the more minutes he's given.

I like him as a squad filler with no pressure to be the top prop.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yes and yes.

Though I like keeping Leota around. 24 years old. And as they say, prop forwards tend to get better with age.

RCG is the in the same boat. 26 years old, played over 100 first grade games, rep football etc. Difference is his huge contract and his form is barely first grade standard.

Huge contract wouldn't be so bad...It is the 4 years left on it

franklin2323

Immortal
Aitken on the market now.. I'd expect a few others to be available. Good to have the funds to make plays for players

Crashtest

Juniors
Where has $350k - $400k been mentioned? Nowhere near that money.

Leota runs hard, uses his footwork late & falls on his front more times then not. He creates quick play the balls consistently. Defensively he's one of the best in our squad & he is continuing to improve rather than regress like other big money players in our team.

That's the figure I had in my head from somewhere, but just tried searching online and couldn't find anything so I'm probably wrong. He wouldn't of signed a long contract extension for $200,000 though, particularly with Gould doing the deal.

I think he is fine as the back up middle forward to cover injury for the top 17, but he just doesn't provide enough impact to be the impact player off the bench. Or he needs to increase his stamina so he can play starter type minutes.

Hopefully Leniu keeps developing and makes the impact bench spot his own.

Alintheeast

Juniors
Just stop it. If it ain't an easy grab from a stat sheet, I don't want to know about it.
Statistics can be the basis of objective discussion, but we are talking about the NRL and Numbers a bit of a dice I think. John O’Neill said that when joined Souths from Gunnedah
he became 2 years younger, 3 inches taller and 2 stone heavier.

Kilkenny

Coach
LEOTA has been a victim of our poor coaching and should be a really integral part of our top 17. I really feel sorry for Leota he has been misused and under used for seasons now. Such a shame and a waste of what he could deliver.

Crashtest

Juniors
LEOTA has been a victim of our poor coaching and should be a really integral part of our top 17. I really feel sorry for Leota he has been misused and under used for seasons now. Such a shame and a waste of what he could deliver.

Genuine question, has he really been underused by a couple of different coaches, or is he not capable of playing longer minutes? To me it looks like the later.

mxlegend99

Referee
I think Leota has had more than his share of chances. His biggest issue has been the few times he looked like kicking on he would get injured and then be average for a while once he returned.

He has played 55 games across 4 seasons. I dont see the issue with his minutes either. He regularly gets 30+ minutes which isn't a bad stint at all.

Especially when you consider Tamou and JFH are starting in his position and play big minutes. So many big minute players in the team its hard to share them around.

Latest posts