What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Movies Have You Seen III

Matua

Bench
So if they don't want to read spoilers what are they doing in a thread where people discuss movies that they've seen?
I go on this thread to get recommendations of movies to see - most post don't spoil the key 'twist' of the movie.

Springs09

Juniors
I go on this thread to get recommendations of movies to see - most post don't spoil the key 'twist' of the movie.

It hasn't spoiled anything. There's fictional characters involved in an historical event - it's already alternate history. The trailers showed fictional movies, Brad Pitt fighting Bruce Lee, the Playboy Mansion in the 60s, fictional actors in real tv shows and fictional people living next door to Sharon Tate. It's alternate history from the get-go. It hasn't spoiled any twist.

Matua

Bench
It hasn't spoiled anything. There's fictional characters involved in an historical event - it's already alternate history. The trailers showed fictional movies, Brad Pitt fighting Bruce Lee, the Playboy Mansion in the 60s, fictional actors in real tv shows and fictional people living next door to Sharon Tate. It's alternate history from the get-go. It hasn't spoiled any twist.
Yes it has. If I hadn't of seen the movie already it will have fully spoiled it. I know people who have had it spoiled and it's pissed them off (the Kermode podcast spoiled it for a couple of mates of mine).

Springs09

Juniors
Yes it has. If I hadn't of seen the movie already it will have fully spoiled it. I know people who have had it spoiled and it's pissed them off (the Kermode podcast spoiled it for a couple of mates of mine).

How? All he said was 'alternate history' which it always was going in. How does that 'fully spoil' what happens in the movie?

Matua

Bench
How? All he said was 'alternate history' which it always was going in. How does that 'fully spoil' what happens in the movie?

When I watched the movie I didn't know if it was going to be alternate history ending like IB or if it was a story that would occur alongside the original events. Part of the experience of the movie was trying to figure out which way it was going from the scenes and this played into the suspenseful nature of it.

My friends who heard the podcast didn't have this experience of the movie, they knew the whole thing was building to play out with an alternate ending all the way through.

Last edited:

Springs09

Juniors
BIG SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE TO FOLLOW:

When I watched the movie I didn't know if it was going to be alternate history ending like IB or if it was a story that would occur alongside the original events. Part of the experience of the movie was trying to figure out which way it was going from the scenes and this played into the suspenseful nature of it.

My friends who heard the podcast didn't have this experience of the movie, they knew the whole thing was building to play out with an alternate ending all the way through.

You know there are spoiler tags right?

I don't care about the podcast. My point was nothing that's been said in this thread has spoiled the ending, except for what you have just said.

Frederick

Staff member
BIG SPOILERS FOR ANYONE WHO HASN'T SEEN THE MOVIE TO FOLLOW:

Geez, thanks for that. I haven't seen the movie yet.......

Matua

Bench
You know there are spoiler tags right?

I don't care about the podcast. My point was nothing that's been said in this thread has spoiled the ending, except for what you have just said.
Nope, I'll see if I can figure out how to us them and edit my post.

I disagree, the post I responded to spoiled it.

Life's Good

Coach
Oh also watched Cop Land again. Must have been like a directors cut or something because there were little extra scenes, or extended scenes that I cannot ever recall seeing before.

Stand out for me is Ray Liotta, his battle with his conscience when he tries to split with his insurance cheque only to ultimately come to Stallone's rescue is awesome

Love this movie, will no doubt watch again in the next 3 months or so. 9/10.

One of my all time favourite movies. Crafty dialogue with some excellent acting. Stallone is magnificent in this.

Wizardman

First Grade
I watched "Hellride" with Vinnie Jones, Michael Madsen, David Carradine and Dennis Hopper. The movie was produced by Tarantino as well.....what a f**king mess!!!! Definitely one of the worst I've seen this year.
Earlier in the week, I watched "Meet Joe Black" which is at the opposite end of the spectrum. When Hopkins and Pitt saw that script with a great story and brilliant dialogue, they must have seen dollar signs a mile away. Both actors play off each other beautifully and have such presence.
Im not sure Brad Pitt gets the praise he deserves as an actor. He is a character actor in a A-lister, superstars body.

soc123_au

Staff member
Once upon a time in Hollywood. Slow burn & very well done. Brad Pitt just gets better and better with age. Di Caprio is also growing on me. Margo Robbie didnt have that much to do really, but what she did was perfect.

T-Boon

Coach
Cliff is right up there with the best of Tarantino characters.

The scene at Spahn Ranch is also one of the best Tarantino has done.

I agree with this. Pitt stole the show. That character was great.
Di Caprio's character was completely superfluous to the movie and once again he over acted every single scene.
The splah Ranch scene and final scene were terrific - especially the final scene (actually all Pitt's scenes were great). The Dog out act Leo.
Why were Al Pacino and Timothy Oliphant in the movie? Why did he go over to Italy to do movies? A bit self indulgent by Tarantino