What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

BLM01

First Grade
Just looked at the team v chooks.

Aitken and Lafai, FFS. Mitchell and Manu will be excited. Put Tupou and BMoz down for a double each.
No Timm in squad.
Pearson back in again, is Saab still injured.
It states Coach as Paul McGregor, he isn’t a Coach.
I am participating in Mad Monday myself this year to celebrate this wasted footy year being over, it’s called day drinking.
Saab was dropped but they are calling it broken foot. One of those is the truth and you wont see in the sqaud for the rest of the year. Not sure if he can come back for the reggies if go deep in the semis

Yes and shows unsusal passion for another teams goings on

Just have my forum interests and the game generally.

Actually I attend the odd Tigers game on occasion and I’ve posted photos of those.

Our club is putting out all of this recent propaganda that josh Reynolds is the messiah but the reality is that he’s our third or fourth choice in the role and we have been trying to sell him off to anyone with $2 to spare.

Officialdom is so transparent.

But getting back to the Mary issue, before I thought he was a good bloke but on reflection, because he won’t resign gracefully and admit defeat, I think he’s lost a bit of credibility.

He’s not like the noble cricketer who walks when he feels the silent nick and is caught behind and the umpires miss it. They walk for the good of the game.

No, he clings on knowing he is defeated. He’s tried everything under the sun. He even rested Hunt for the most important game of the year.
He was brave, courageous but....so stupid.

Other favourite topics are ivan Cleary. He’s a shocker. He’s a coach who shouldn’t be coaching based on lack of ethics.

Mary just can’t coach. He just doesn’t get it.

For the benefit of good health and sanity do what Ive done .....put the cue in the rack untill The Imposter is gone

The knights tapped brown on the shoulder and before season’s end.

This should send shivers down the back of underperforming coaches towards the bottom of the table.

Pay will be safe because his lackustre squad fired at the right time.

Green is looking to cling on with a raft of excuses but is obviously a nervous wreck as witnessed with all his boring whinging and excuse making. An angry gnome figure. His team is playing poorly because of the idiot Barber and Morgan is physically finished.

At the Tigers, we were expecting a bit more consistency and for someone to kick goals. But Madge is safe thanks to the betrayal of Cleary

Then there’s Mary...chug down another schooner, get the sunscreen out and ring his personal stockbroker. Not a care in the world.

He will sack his mates over a golden ice cold lager I am sure. They will then head off to the Centrelink on mad Monday.

Paddles

Juniors
Rava was bad and deserved to be dropped after that shocking effort but hey, at least he tried. Lafai looked like a passenger.

I think you can make an argument for his sacking last week - he had a bad game and made clangers. Personally, I'd be for sticking with him given potential upside and the season being gone, but the sacking - this week - is justifiable.

However it's the promoting then sacking three times that gets me. He's a winger, in his rookie year, and all around him (literally adjacent to him) other passengers are getting a free pass.

It just typifies McGregor's failings - lack of strategy and foresight, inability to bring young players on, and favouritism.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
On another post there is mention of Browny being a dud. Here is a good example why he is a better option. Ben Creagh's first game at Saints on the wing was a disaster. Browny persisted. We all know how Creagh ended up his career at Saints. Mary, drops a guy, then brings him back in, then drops hem etc. My point is if Browny sees potential he will persist.

For Mary to see Rava as a better option to Garrick, Pearson etc then he must have seen some potential. But he gave up and did not help him reach or show his potential. Browny on the other hand persisted and from memory moved Creagh around until he got him to play to his potential and his ideal position. Browny will do wonders with this mob as there are a heap that have potential but the current coach is clueless and they will never reach that if he continues.

Smurf

Juniors
On another post there is mention of Browny being a dud. Here is a good example why he is a better option. Ben Creagh's first game at Saints on the wing was a disaster. Browny persisted. We all know how Creagh ended up his career at Saints. Mary, drops a guy, then brings him back in, then drops hem etc. My point is if Browny sees potential he will persist.

For Mary to see Rava as a better option to Garrick, Pearson etc then he must have seen some potential. But he gave up and did not help him reach or show his potential. Browny on the other hand persisted and from memory moved Creagh around until he got him to play to his potential and his ideal position. Browny will do wonders with this mob as there are a heap that have potential but the current coach is clueless and they will never reach that if he continues.

I agree Slippery , the only guys he has dropped this year has been the wingers and two potentially good forwards in Host and Kerr

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I agree Slippery , the only guys he has dropped this year has been the wingers and two potentially good forwards in Host and Kerr

He dropped Host and Kerr yet what has Latimore done more than they have to never got dropped. Host has at least played a few great games this season. Latimore has not played any.

BLM01

First Grade

That alone just makes i agree better coach than Mary but not the coach to bring success to the Dragons
Brownie has admitted himself he is best building squads from the ground up. We need a coach to turn our squad with a few tweeks in the backs into a preimership force..it is not Brownie

That alone just makes i agree better coach than Mary but not the coach to bring success to the Dragons
Brownie has admitted himself he is best building squads from the ground up. We need a coach to turn our squad with a few tweeks in the backs into a preimership force..it is not Brownie

Some good points, he’s marketing himself to the bottom 8 clubs , they being more likely to hire him in the next few years than top 8.

I think he’s right to praise his own achievements about attracting good players to the club, say whereas you have a more pristine squad of excellence- on paper anyway.

But the Mary experience has devolved and corrupted players and not enhanced them at all and in that sense, brownies services could be useful.

The club will need a complete overhaul once he’s gone. It will take a few years and say 5 or 6 quality players.

Browns sacking was premature I thought, it resulted from a fall out with 2 board members...but he does seem a bit too pleased with himself. Self praise is no praise.

So 50/50 on Brown, slightly in favour as nothing is as bad as Mary.

Good post blm01.

Gareth67

First Grade
But the Mary experience has devolved and corrupted players and not enhanced them at all and in that sense, brownies services could be useful.

The club will need a complete overhaul once he’s gone. It will take a few years and say 5 or 6 quality players.

That it’s in a nutshell T.S.P.

BLM01

First Grade
Some good points, he’s marketing himself to the bottom 8 clubs , they being more likely to hire him in the next few years than top 8.

I think he’s right to praise his own achievements about attracting good players to the club, say whereas you have a more pristine squad of excellence- on paper anyway.

Browns sacking was premature I thought, it resulted from a fall out with 2 board members...but he does seem a bit too pleased with himself. Self praise is no praise.

So 50/50 on Brown, slightly in favour as nothing is as bad as Mary.

Good post blm01.
Dont kid youirself Brownie had lost the dressing room from the ones that count and he knew it and thats why he knew time was up..not just woke up one morning saying oh well i cant do any better

He basically admits it in his bizarre open departure interview where he hangs himself on a couple of issues...I am not the bloke to get you to a premiership and not the coach to take this team to the next level!!!!
Newcastle realised it too...so brownie has just endorsed himself to be a best fit assistant or pathways squad builder nothing more. Why would you sign him up knowing what he has just admitted to is all he can do
It was all to accommodating for the CEO and club + players thrwoing himself under the bus....for my liking.
The truth underneath it all (the players ..which filtered through to the board and also Brownie)