What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reserve Grade discussion.

OldPanther

Coach
On Sunday Nadan was finally exposed. Till now we have been caught in the euphoria of the 7 win run and the good play from the young promoted players.

Now reality has hit us in the form of the Canberra Raiders and most of the young brigade were exposed as well as a few (failing) veterans.

I think it is no surprise that he was targeted, he had a few years playing for Mounties so Ricky and co would be well aware of his tendencies and weaknesses.

During our run there were signs that Nadan was an indifferent defender however that was masked by our general good play and the players around him. Not on Sunday.

The positive is that defence is something that can definitely be improved on with age and experience so lets not consign him to the scrap heap yet. He isn't likely to ever be an elite centre, but so long as he is reliable and offers good value I would continue with him.

I'd just move him to the wing and put Crichton next to him. The defence won't be as big of an issue and we can use his physical attributes.

OldPanther

Coach
Spencer Lenui interview for man of the match last week. They mention he just re-signed until 2021. I knew the contract happened not the time. They must like him.

OldPanther

Coach
So second half and Burton changes the momentum with his kicking game over 3 or 4 sets. We haven't had a half that can win off the back foot like that in a while.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
So second half and Burton changes the momentum with his kicking game over 3 or 4 sets. We haven't had a half that can win off the back foot like that dorba while.

It’s just potential right now I know I’ve gone off early on him but I’m tellin you the sky is the limit for this kid.

OldPanther

Coach
It’s just potential right now I know I’ve gone off early on him but I’m tellin you the sky is the limit for this kid.

Definitely. I know a lot of people pump up Panthers kids but I've never really been into that and Burton gets me hyped. I'm watching again cutting highlights for him and Staines and it's too good. He has control, accuracy, x factor.