What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Craig Fitzgibbon

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Uh Well Done Deal another Rookie loser to take control, Hail Ronald McDonald!
Ok Dumbwitz, let's just say Tent Robinson wanted out because of having absolutely no playing ability according to the playing group, let Craig Fitz garbage take over the Chickens and Release Trent Robbie to the Saints!
Why would Robertson want out because he didn’t have any playing ability?

Should be irrelevant how good a player the coach is.

Frank Facer

First Grade
Would take him in a heartbeat & is beyond an upgrade on McPeanut. Would also satisfy the Illawarra mafia as his Father, Allan was the 1st Steelers coach in the old ARL.
I too was going to mention that his father Allan was a former Illawarra coach.

That may have been beneficial to Craig growing up, with a father who was a first grade coach. Craig may have always viewed the game through a coaches lens?

Also being the son of Illawarra's first coach would mean the Illawarra faction is gaining more control. We would effectively have Bob Millward's son (Bob was Illawarra's first CEO) as recruitment officer and Allan Fitzgibbon's son as coach. Now that is what you call keeping it in the family and the cries of Illawarra mafia are growing stronger by the day.

As for Fitzgibbon as coach. I have absolutely no idea if he would make a good coach or not. Unless I could sit down and talk football for hours on end, I wouldn't have a clue on how he views the game etc. I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of signing Fitzgibbon.

Last edited:

St Georgio

Juniors
I too was going to mention that his father Allan was a former Illawarra coach.

That may have been beneficial to Craig growing up, with a father who was a first grade coach. Craig may have always viewed the game through a coaches lens?

Also being the son of Illawarra's first coach would mean the Illawarra faction is gaining more control. We would effectively have Bob Millward's son (Bob was Illawarra's first CEO) as recruitment officer and Allan Fitzgibbon's son as coach. Now that is what you call keeping it in the family and the cries of Illawarra mafia are growing stronger by the day.

As for Fitzgibbon as coach. I have absolutely no idea if he would make a good coach or not. Unless I could sit down and talk football for hours on end, I would have a clue on how he views the game etc. I certainly wouldn't be against the idea of signing Fitzgibbon.
It would be a complete Disaster!
God Bless The Roosters for a wonderful scenario!
Craig Fitz garbage Should become the next Premiership winning Roosters Coach!
And then Cronulla 2nd Premiership!

Frank Facer

First Grade
Correct, and he immediately dismissed coaching the Knights.

" Despite already being sounded out by Newcastle officials, Fitzgibbon has recently recommitted to the Roosters and given his word he will remain with the premiers.

"He's extended his time at the Roosters and he's happy there so he doesn't want to look into it," Fitzgibbon's agent David Riolo told NRL.com.

"He's only just done an extension and he's given his word that he won't go elsewhere.

"We've been approached by the Knights, which is flattering. I can see why they've approached him because he's probably the best coach not head coaching at the moment.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/20/nrl-wont-allow-flanagan-to-become-browns-successor/
The Foxsports article that Objective View provided the link said that Fitgibbon rejected the Newcastle approach, because he has likely got another in his sights. The article then went on to suggest we could be that club.

St Georgio

Juniors
The Foxsports article that Objective View provided the link said that Fitgibbon rejected the Newcastle approach, because he has likely got another in his sights. The article then went on to suggest we could be that club.
Like I said Done Deal!
Let's All Party Ping Pong Ping!

You do just realise he's agreed to a new 3 year contract with the Roosters right to continue as an Assistant Coach? As such, unless he has a get out clause, he won't be available to go anywhere for a while.
Article says it’s a handshake deal only so should be easy to get out of by both parties if required

hewi

Bench
If he became coach it firstly means the moron has gone that’s a plus, secondly could he be any worse than the moron, I doubt it. So, to me it all positive. I mean if we were talking of Young or Hornby I would not be in favour.

You can dream all you want about Robbo or Fitzy or Jeannie with the light brown hair.
The facts of the matter are that :
1) the Bored are not going to sack McGregor after they've just extended his contract by two years. And not least because he is underperforming cos he's being that since day one.
2) we are going to be playing the same boring sh*t for the next two years
3) unless by some miracle we find a quality full-back, centre and five-eighth plus a couple of wingers who can catch a ball and hold it we are capital PH PH*CKED.

Last edited:
Still lives on the south coast and I think although he is a rookie would be an amazing coach
His the roosters defensive coach and the nsw blues
Also a old boy thoughts ?
I was gutted when we lost Fitzgibbon to Easts as a player.
He was the consummate professional and had a great temperament.
He went on to be a great player for them as well.
I also think he would be an amazing coach at St. George.
He is his own man and I am sure that before he took the job, he would make sure he sprays the place for white ants.
Great apprenticeship under Robertson - winning is a culture. Fitzgibbon can bring that to our club.
McGregor just lives in hope and keeps telling anyone that will listen that success is just around the corner.
CF... big yes from me.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I was gutted when we lost Fitzgibbon to Easts as a player.
He was the consummate professional and had a great temperament.
He went on to be a great player for them as well.
I also think he would be an amazing coach at St. George.
He is his own man and I am sure that before he took the job, he would make sure he sprays the place for white ants.
Great apprenticeship under Robertson - winning is a culture. Fitzgibbon can bring that to our club.
McGregor just lives in hope and keeps telling anyone that will listen that success is just around the corner.
CF... big yes from me.

While I really rate Fitzgibbon, I am traumatised by the sight of tall bald Dragons coaches and would have to insist he grows his hair or wears a toupee

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We can all dream but The Imposter is going nowhere for at least the next 2 years......any speculation on who will be our next coach at this stage is pointless .......still I admire all your enthusiasm. ...we all live in hope untill it finally happens

Latest posts