What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Intrust Super Cup

expansionist

Juniors
Saw they had another debutant in the halves. Injuries in their pack and no consistent spine has hurt their run

Yep.. IMO a good pack, but missing a quality 9, 7, 6

Some odd selections in the halves - both out of necessity and not.. personally a big Josh Ralph fan but for some reason overlooked for much of the season, then injured on his recall.

expansionist

Juniors
Easts in for a cracking 2020 season with their rumoured shortlist for head coach. Hearing Mark Gliddon, Joe Callaghan, and Trigger in talks to make a return to the club. This along with the $$$ being spent on a nrl franchise bid you’d have to think the club is in a bit of strife

Im struggling to determine if youre being sarcastic or not about those 'rumoured' applicants..... hahahahaha!

None of those names really excite me too much and one would imagine not much likelihoof of 2 of those 3 progressing...

Heard there were more applications late.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Yep.. IMO a good pack, but missing a quality 9, 7, 6

Some odd selections in the halves - both out of necessity and not.. personally a big Josh Ralph fan but for some reason overlooked for much of the season, then injured on his recall.

Believe josh Ralph was their #1 choice to partner billy Walters but has missed majority of the season with multiple injuries. He’s now done his ACL and miss first half of next year

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Im struggling to determine if youre being sarcastic or not about those 'rumoured' applicants..... hahahahaha!

None of those names really excite me too much and one would imagine not much likelihoof of 2 of those 3 progressing...

Heard there were more applications late.

Sarcastic indeed aha.

I’ve also heard whispers late applicants, one is currently coaching a Brisbane Broncos Feeder club and the other is a caretaker coach in the NRL

expansionist

Juniors
Sarcastic indeed aha.

I’ve also heard whispers late applicants, one is currently coaching a Brisbane Broncos Feeder club and the other is a caretaker coach in the NRL
ooh whoever you are you seem to have some good inside intel!

I believe youre spot on in both of the ones you mention there

Artful Dodger

Juniors
ooh whoever you are you seem to have some good inside intel!

I believe youre spot on in both of the ones you mention there

Broncos feeder club is an interesting applicant, one would assume not everything is well at his current club either. Would like to hope he can bring players to the club if he is successful as there is an expected exodus at Easts at seasons end

expansionist

Juniors
Broncos feeder club is an interesting applicant, one would assume not everything is well at his current club either. Would like to hope he can bring players to the club if he is successful as there is an expected exodus at Easts at seasons end
Agree completely.
TBH that particular guy is my preferred candidate. Again i agree with you - a potential exodus from Easts and potentially from the candiates club - which may actually help stregthen Easts current positional deficiencies IMO

expansionist

Juniors

Oh and I would love to know who you are as you seem to be very well informed... :)

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Agree completely.
TBH that particular guy is my preferred candidate. Again i agree with you - a potential exodus from Easts and potentially from the candiates club - which may actually help stregthen Easts current positional deficiencies IMO

Potential club swap (certain players and coach)?

Oh apologies, my name is Jack Dawkins...

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Souths are looking to offload current Q Cup coach even though he has a year left on his contract. Seems as though results aren't the issue but more to do with conflict with the front office.

huttriverofnz

Juniors
Norths will finish up at least 5th after tomorrows game against Wynnum. This is a good team which has the odd day off, but a couple backs drawn off by the Broncos, O'Sullivan at halfback, they call him SOS. Herbie the English winger and kicker has played the odd game and has been in the squad. PPR a new player earlier in the season has settled in well and shows a lot of promise. He has actually scored a development contract with the Broncos for the rest of 2019 and 2020. He is incidently, a former U20 Melbourne Storm star lock. Keep an eye on him. He was out of NRL football for about four years playing amateur Victorian football and was Player of the Year twice in a row.

With the final games of the round completed, the semi final match ups next week will be:

Qualifying
Sunshine Coast (1) v Townsville (4)
Wynnum Manly (2) v Burleigh (3)

Elimination
Norths (5) v Easts (8) - Channel 9 TV game
Tweed Heads (6) v Redcliffe (7)

XXXX Cap

Juniors
Finals Week 1

Sunday, September 8

Match 1: Sunshine Coast Falcons (1) v Townsville Blackhawks (4) at Sunshine Coast Stadium 2pm

Match 2: Wynnum Manly Seagulls (2) v Burleigh Bears (3) at BMD Kougari Oval 2pm

Match 3: TV Game (GEM): Norths Devils (5) v Easts Tigers (8) at Bishop Park 1:10pm

Match 4: TV Game (FOX): Tweed Seagulls (6) v Redcliffe Dolphins (7) at Piggabeen Sports Complex 11.40am

Brutus

Referee
Finals Week 1

Sunday, September 8

Match 1: Sunshine Coast Falcons (1) v Townsville Blackhawks (4) at Sunshine Coast Stadium 2pm

Match 2: Wynnum Manly Seagulls (2) v Burleigh Bears (3) at BMD Kougari Oval 2pm

Match 3: TV Game (GEM): Norths Devils (5) v Easts Tigers (8) at Bishop Park 1:10pm

Match 4: TV Game (FOX): Tweed Seagulls (6) v Redcliffe Dolphins (7) at Piggabeen Sports Complex 11.40am

Weird to have all 4 games at those times. Hopefully the two Sunday 2pm games will be streamed live on the net.

Sunny Coast are the biggest sure things in 'QLD Cup' history. Biggest sure things since Wynnum in 84 in fact.

The Devils need O'Sullivan back or they are gone.

Artful Dodger

Juniors
Weird to have all 4 games at those times. Hopefully the two Sunday 2pm games will be streamed live on the net.
Sunny Coast are the biggest sure things in 'QLD Cup' history. Biggest sure things since Wynnum in 84 in fact.

The Devils need O'Sullivan back or they are gone.

This is where the real test for them is. No Nicho hynes of Jonathan Ruben for the finals and talks that Melbourne could hand Harry grant a nrl debut this weekend. Real test for them this week.

In saying that, townsville has been hit heavy with injuries after their tough win over Easts.

Wynnum darkhorse for mine

Brutus

Referee
This is where the real test for them is. No Nicho hynes of Jonathan Ruben for the finals and talks that Melbourne could hand Harry grant a nrl debut this weekend. Real test for them this week.

In saying that, townsville has been hit heavy with injuries after their tough win over Easts.

Wynnum darkhorse for mine

Agree with Wynnum.

Norths with O'Sullivan are a tough proposition as well.

Someone's been feeding Reddy well during the 2nd half of the season as well.

Latest posts