What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moses

macnaz

Staff member
Can you believe Fittler had this impostor in his NSW Blues extended train on squad for 2018. Even the Eels are trying piss this prick off ,just goes to show how clueless Freddy really is.
I couldnt think of a more toxic and gutless player to ever be considered for the state of origin arena in all my years watching rugby league .

Read the bs last week in the paper how Mitch is hitting the gym in preparation to lead Parra and help the young guys under him this season...imo the only thing he will be leading them too is another f##k##g wooden spoon.

BrotherJim05

Bench
All jokes aside, Moses could be a genuine rep player if he adjusted his attitude.

Brooks is a great example of doing the opposite. Instead of trying to be a superstar, Brooks just got on with it. He's copped a lot of shit (most of it rightly so), but just never gave up or complained. You can see the whole experience has made Brooks mature beyond his years. Give him a consistent pack and he will be in genuine origin contention.

cerberus

Coach
Can you believe Fittler had this impostor in his NSW Blues extended train on squad for 2018. Even the Eels are trying piss this prick off ,just goes to show how clueless Freddy really is.
I couldnt think of a more toxic and gutless player to ever be considered for the state of origin arena in all my years watching rugby league .
nailed it

gordsy

Juniors
All jokes aside, Moses could be a genuine rep player if he adjusted his attitude.

Brooks is a great example of doing the opposite. Instead of trying to be a superstar, Brooks just got on with it. He's copped a lot of shit (most of it rightly so), but just never gave up or complained. You can see the whole experience has made Brooks mature beyond his years. Give him a consistent pack and he will be in genuine origin contention.

And if he had heart, discipline, didn't blame others etc

ash411

Bench
Have I ever thanked you guys for letting Moses go? If not, Thanks my dudes. :D

NbhALQZ.png

macnaz

Staff member
At least we didn't need to merge in order to survive...
Firstly if surviving is winning 3 spoons and cheating salary caps while Balmain and Wests merge and win a premiership ..something you haven't done for 33 years by the way says to most normal thinking people Weststigers have done alright compared to your club .
And secondly Parramatta did want to MERGE with Balmain but the Tigers said to them what I'll say to you .
f**k Off!

ash411

Bench
And secondly Parramatta did want to MERGE with Balmain but the Tigers said to them what I'll say to you .
f**k Off!
I'm gonna need you to provide some proof for that my dude. You can't just go making shit up because you think it's true.

ash411

Bench
https://www.parraeels.com.au/news/2017/07/27/throwback--the-parramatta-tigers/

How about this article written by your club staff? It was all over the papers twenty years ago.
Did you read it?

The first public admission that the Eels were looking at combining with the Tigers came in July 1997 when the CEO of the Australian Rugby League, Neil Whittaker, a former Tigers chairman, instigated discussions.

also...

Balmain knew they were vulnerable to the conditions the NRL had put forward - that only the top 14 ranking clubs under the criteria formula that including on-field performance, sponsorship and gate income, home and away crowds (from 1995 to 1998, not inclusive of 1997 when there were split competitions), financial capabilities and leagues club funding would be retained.

and...

The proposal was for a team called the Parramatta Tigers, wearing blue, black and gold, playing exclusively at Parramatta Stadium. It was estimated the merger would bring an extra $500,000 in sponsorship and $650,00- in gate takings annually; Balmain and Parramatta leagues club would provide matching annual grants and Fitzgerald would stand aside as football CEO and concentrate on leagues club business but Brian Smith would remain as coach.

They had seen that they would be a very junior partner with the Eels, and a merger with the Magpies would allow games to continue at Leichhardt Oval as well as Campbelltown (the irony was that Balmain played the 1995-96 seasons out of Parramatta Stadium as they struggled with their identity and poor facilities at Leichhardt which underwent urgent remedial work).

In other words, If Balmain had merged with Parra (which Balmain initiated, they'd be with the North Sydney Bears right now.

Don't pretend like we came to you hat in hand begging for you to bail us out and you turned us away, when it was very much the opposite, but instead of us turning you away, you decided to merge with wests because you knew we were too big and too strong a club to survive a merger with, and you would have been gone inside of 5 years.

macnaz

Staff member
Lol.. seriously give up , the fact is Parra were prepared to merge with the Tigers and ultimately it was the Tigers who declined in the end.
I never mentioned who needed it the most or instigated the discussion etc. Just the fact the Eels were looking towards a joint venture club.

Latest posts