What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R23 Fri - Cowboys 24-10 Panthers @ 1300SMILES

Round 23: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 23
North Queensland Cowboys v Penrith Panthers
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Friday 23 August 2019

Gates 3:30pm / NQ Army v Palm Island 3:45pm / NRL 6pm

TL-NQL19.png

1. Scott Drinkwater 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Jordan Kahu 4. Tom Opacic 5. Murray Taulagi 6. Michael Morgan 7. Jake Clifford 8. Scott Bolton 9. Jake Granville 10. Jordan McLean 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Shane Wright 13. John Asiata
Interchange: 14. Reuben Cotter 15. Coen Hess 16. Peter Hola 17. Francis Molo 18. Jason Taumalolo 19. Tom Gilbert 20. Corey Jensen 21. Gideon Gela-Mosby

TL-PEN20.png

1. Dylan Edwards 2. Stephen Crichton 3. Dean Whare 4. Brent Naden 5. Brian To'o 6. James Maloney 7. Nathan Cleary 8. James Tamou 9. Mitch Kenny 10. James Fisher-Harris 11. Viliame Kikau 12. Liam Martin 13. Isaah Yeo
Interchange: 14. Jarome Luai 15. Spencer Leniu 16. Moses Leota 17. Reagan Campbell-Gillard 18. Wayde Egan 19. William Burns 20. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak 21. Hame Sele

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Phil Henderson
Sideline Officials: Tim Alouani-Roby, Dave Munro
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Bryan Norrie

Feeder club info
Cowboys: Mackay Cutters, Northern Pride & Townsville Blackhawks (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s)
Panthers: Penrith Panthers (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup, Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Even if Penrith win this, can't see them beating Roosters and will struggle v Knights. Relying on favourable results elsewhere if they want to make the 8.

TheFrog

Coach
The Cows are just waiting for the season to be over. Next year they'll make the top 4 because they'll have a new stadium. Cows v Titans would be a good match up right now.

ACTPanthers

Bench
We'll lose, because we shouldn't...

I honestly hope we don't make the finals this year - I don't think the players deserve the hype that comes with playing finals footy - I just hope that IF we do make it into the 8 at the end of the season, Ivan makes sure the players know that this season has been absolutely piss weak for the most part.

GongPanther

Referee
Panthers have to (again I say) sharpen up their first 15 minutes, and let Cleary control the offence in the red zone with Maloney GTFO of the way.

This is basically a semi-final for us, so e need to be right n song for this match. Lose it, at least the lower grade players can hopefully get their players back.

Because of the desperation, us by 28-14.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Interesting the comments about saying we don't deserve to make the 8...Well the only real reason for us to make the 8, is to keep improving our historically poor record of finals qualification, which is about 1 in every 4 years and make the finals 4 times in a row for the first time. Once again, we are (based on our form throughout the season) bugger all hope of actually winning the comp, which is ultimately what it's all supposed to be about.

Last edited:

blaza88z

Coach
I'd love Penrith to lose but surely they win this, this is basically their season against a team whose season ended quite some time ago

Latest posts