What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfa

Juniors
Id go cleary captain next yr have no issues if yeo got it either but cleary is the logical choice.Thank god we didnt get welch acl injury he can stay at the storm as for api no thanks its either mcinnes or stay with what we have got.

OldPanther

Coach
A few departures

Thank God.

For the captain discussion I've always believed it should be either a spine player or a dominant forward. Fish is out due to being so quiet according to someone's earlier comment and our spine have an average age of 5 when Maloney goes to France so it kind of has to be Cleary. I wouldn't mind Yeo but his spot precarious over the next 12 - 24 months although he's one of my favourites with Egan.

martielang

Bench
Sele seems to be another one who Cleary has made the scapegoat for the poor start to the season. No doubt he should of got more time this year.

Crashtest

Juniors
Sele seems to be another one who Cleary has made the scapegoat for the poor start to the season. No doubt he should of got more time this year.

It wonder if there were any attitude or off field issues that played a part? He certainly seemed in favor during the preseason and trials, then fell off a cliff.

Fangs

Coach
Gotta be something else. I was impressed with Sele earlier this year. Had good line speed.

Wonder why the Dragons let him go...

age.s

First Grade
Sele's got to have the fewest NRL games for an actual appreciation thread.

He must have run over Ivan's cat. Something off field is the only explanation as he was very good on it.

TheFrog

Coach
Our youngest captain was 26 and it didn't work.
Actually our youngest captain was 20, Phil Gould in 1978. I think he was a fair captain for his age and his leadership qualities were obvious but he didn't exactly have a star-studded side around him.

betcats

Referee
Greg Alexander played his first game as club captain at 26, in his 8th season of first grade. That is about when Nathan will be ready.

Agree, leadership is something that takes more than just experience in the form games played. I get Nathan is very level headed and mature 21yo but I just see it as a mistake to make him captain before he’s matured in age a little bit.

Crashtest

Juniors
Chammas on the nrl site reporting the Panthers have joined the race for Koroisau:

Penrith have joined the race for Apisai Koroisau's signature in 2020. The former Panther could be returning but the Warriors and Bulldogs are holding out hope to nab the hooker.

It's almost certain he won't be at the Sea Eagles in 2020. While the Panthers have unearthed Mitch Kenny this year, they believe Koroisau would provide plenty of spark to an attack that has struggled for the most part of the season.

Interestingly, Trent Barrett could be a key figure in discussions. Barrett worked with Koroisau at Penrith when he was assistant coach, before luring the hooker to Manly when he signed on as Geoff Toovey's successor in 2016.

Barrett, who will return to Penrith's coaching staff as Ivan Cleary's assistant next year, has a very strong relationship with Koroisau and is understood to be trying to tempt him back west.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/22/why-knights-have-identified-obrien-as-ideal-next-coach/

OldPanther

Coach
Chammas on the nrl site reporting the Panthers have joined the race for Koroisau:

Penrith have joined the race for Apisai Koroisau's signature in 2020. The former Panther could be returning but the Warriors and Bulldogs are holding out hope to nab the hooker.

It's almost certain he won't be at the Sea Eagles in 2020. While the Panthers have unearthed Mitch Kenny this year, they believe Koroisau would provide plenty of spark to an attack that has struggled for the most part of the season.

Interestingly, Trent Barrett could be a key figure in discussions. Barrett worked with Koroisau at Penrith when he was assistant coach, before luring the hooker to Manly when he signed on as Geoff Toovey's successor in 2016.

Barrett, who will return to Penrith's coaching staff as Ivan Cleary's assistant next year, has a very strong relationship with Koroisau and is understood to be trying to tempt him back west.

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/22/why-knights-have-identified-obrien-as-ideal-next-coach/

Not the worst idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.