What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

Bazal

Post Whore
Is there actually any evidence that Champion Data is “official”?

I would say that NRL stats are the official data. Until I see anything different or evidence that it is inaccurate, I’ll go with them.

They are the stats that the teams use.

NRL.com stats are the stats the blokes doing their live updates record. Use whatever you like.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
We lost it early imo.. we were on top and I think we knew we had them for class but only came away with the one try after creating numerous chances.. especially down the right edge Moses to Ma’u, 3 drops I can remember which all could have lead to tries.

From then on we played rushed and frustrated all night, always felt like we were chasing our tail even when we were up... Browny tried to fire them up but just lost his shit completely and will prob be go until 2020 now

Credit to the doggies though their D especially goal line was unbelievable.

Execution not effort cost us tonight.

Massive week for the coach here, this loss could flatten us or it may be a blessing in disguise, let’s see how the boys hit back next week.

Avenger

Immortal
Is there actually any evidence that Champion Data is “official”?

I would say that NRL stats are the official data. Until I see anything different or evidence that it is inaccurate, I’ll go with them.
Snookered again, Bazal. LOL.

Bazal

Post Whore
I have heard that. Why doesn’t NRL use them then? A money thing?

The NRL does use them as far as I know, but the stats on the NRL.com site come from the live updaters.

So Champion Data is the in depth stats provider for the teams as I understand it and NRL.com is basically the same as Fox Sports stats, just there for randoms to look at

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Sivo was excellent tonight. He took all the high kicks that came his way and what a hit he put on in the first half. He's going to get even better. You all have to forget Semi, unless you want to have the NRl's highest paid winger playing behind/outside a mediocre pack. Forwards are where our $ should be spent, our backline is good enough already.
Sivo was our best player IMO, he did miss a few tough chances but he was awesome under the highball made two mistakes with his defence that led to breaks that were totally wasted. Both times included 4th tackle hit ups from Paul Peptide Brown.

Eelogical

Referee
True...

But Semi is simply so much more than a winger.

I'm just saying - Radradra is on a completely different level to most other NRL players (not specifically Sivo, who is only a rookie).
Too much hype and dollars to tie up in a gun for hire. For us to go further we need to get the balance better in the team and for me that means forwards. Just my opinion.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The forwards did their job tonight, the whole starting pack made over 100 m each. Defensively they were pretty good and they provided some nice offloads.

We made enough metres to the win that game, yeah there was some errors from the forward (Manu with 4 dropped balls), but apart from a bit of poor patience/discipline, our spine didn’t take advantage of our metres / field position at times. We had enough ball in good field position to score more then one try.

Yes a disappointing result, but not much in it. Hopefully the boys now lift for next week.

Avenger

Immortal
They are the stats that the teams use.

NRL.com stats are the stats the blokes doing their live updates record. Use whatever you like.
Can I use mine? My stat is that Brown took the ball on the 4th inside their 20 at least 5 times. He then gets dominated, we get to the 5th and we kick it. Do any of our halves know how to play a little straighter? Too much sideways shit tonight.

84 Baby

Referee
I thought that play inspired the Dogs, yeah lucky to not get in the poo but the Dogs lifted from that. As usual we pissed ourselves.
Brown would have slightly redeemed himself if he jobbed Jackson one. They’d have both been marched

Happy MEel

First Grade
The NRL does use them as far as I know, but the stats on the NRL.com site come from the live updaters.

So Champion Data is the in depth stats provider for the teams as I understand it and NRL.com is basically the same as Fox Sports stats, just there for randoms to look at
This is from their linked in page:

“Since its inception the company has developed into Australia's largest and leading provider of live performance based statistical information and diversified into a range of vertically and horizontally aligned services including the provision of television graphics, internet and wireless products, publishing and other related broadcast and media services. Champion Data is the official statistics provider to the AFL, and have significantly broadened our content base and now provide services to all major Australian sports including NRL, Rugby Union, Cricket, Football and Netball.”

So they’re certainly not the official provider but you might be right that they provide services for individual teams. That would make sense because it’s not the NRL’s job to provide clubs with specific data sets they require. However, this in no way makes them more accurate than NRL stats. NRL Stats are the official stats for the NRL.

https://au.linkedin.com/company/champion-data

84 Baby

Referee
Up 6 nil with 3 to go and Moses had all the time in the world to kick one. Instead he kicks a poor one and gives them a 7 tackle set. They go up the other end to score.
Well you want to get rid of BA. I’d be willing to give it a crack.

I’ve only got slightly more hair though

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Thats fine, tonight we showed just how far off the pace we are. We won the ruck most of the night so not sure what extra you wanted from the forwards.
Do you think that pack wins a comp if Bellamy is our coach? There’s your answer.