What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Lap it up merkin. You've had dry spell of late. Drought has broken and it's all yours for 8 days. Enjoy. :thumbsup:
I'll do it but first can you bump the cup of shit full thread and tell us all we have been in the 8 all season It's very exciting.

Gronk

Staff member
Nathan Brown will get 3 weeks ? Late, shoulder charge on ball player. Could get more if he has loading.

How dumb...:rolling_eyes:

84 Baby

Referee
Up 6 nil with 3 to go and Moses had all the time in the world to kick one. Instead he kicks a poor one and gives them a 7 tackle set. They go up the other end to score.
And I could f**king see it after 20 minutes! The game was going to be like that one in 2017. Kick a f**king field goal. Keep going up by one if need be. They were never going to score more than a couple of tries and neither were we

hineyrulz

Post Whore
And I could f**king see it after 20 minutes! The game was going to be like that one in 2017. Kick a f**king field goal. Keep going up by one if need be. They were never going to score more than a couple of tries and neither were we
It's like most of our games against the dogs the last decade. Absolute plodfest.

DaveMc

Juniors
Am I wrong in thinking that Gutherson’s attacking game seems really lacking lately? He has the odd dart from dummy half, and his support play is still decent, but he was pretty easily shut down all night. I do wonder if he’s getting a bit gassed from replacing Mahoney for a stint, or otherwise if he’s just lost that flair he had a couple of seasons ago.

Eelogical

Referee
And short a coach as well, we are lightyears away from competing. A couple of good forwards will make f**k all difference.
I don't agree. Coming from the spoon to where we are now has been a major step forward. Our team is looking good in many positions. At this stage of proceedings, I'm happy enough for the Eels to be in finals contention. A couple of top line extra players with a bench that doesn't give anything away and we can go that extra step.

Noise

Coach
Yep Champion data are the official AFL stats provider. They only provide limited AFL stats to us joe public because they have the rights and sell them to the AFL.

Bazal

Post Whore
This is from their linked in page:

“Since its inception the company has developed into Australia's largest and leading provider of live performance based statistical information and diversified into a range of vertically and horizontally aligned services including the provision of television graphics, internet and wireless products, publishing and other related broadcast and media services. Champion Data is the official statistics provider to the AFL, and have significantly broadened our content base and now provide services to all major Australian sports including NRL, Rugby Union, Cricket, Football and Netball.”

So they’re certainly not the official provider but you might be right that they provide services for individual teams. That would make sense because it’s not the NRL’s job to provide clubs with specific data sets they require. However, this in no way makes them more accurate than NRL stats. NRL Stats are the official stats for the NRL.

https://au.linkedin.com/company/champion-data

NRL stats are 100% based off the live update, whether you choose to believe me or not. They're rubbish.

I was out of date however. Champion lost out for overarching stats to some mob called STATS in 2018. But you have to pay for their shit, so I for one will continue to use the guys who have the same pedigree but provide it for free

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Am I wrong in thinking that Gutherson’s attacking game seems really lacking lately? He has the odd dart from dummy half, and his support play is still decent, but he was pretty easily shut down all night. I do wonder if he’s getting a bit gassed from replacing Mahoney for a stint, or otherwise if he’s just lost that flair he had a couple of seasons ago.
Went the blind side a little too often. Can’t fault his enthusiasm.

Happy MEel

First Grade

Gronk

Staff member
Everyone was swimming through mud tonight.

Noise

Coach
NRL stats are 100% based off the live update, whether you choose to believe me or not. They're rubbish.

I was out of date however. Champion lost out for overarching stats to some mob called STATS in 2018. But you have to pay for their shit, so I for one will continue to use the guys who have the same pedigree but provide it for free
Champion data are also based on a live update.

84 Baby

Referee
He’s better attacking on left but we’ve been going right for past month. Because it has been working. I think we’ve got to get Drown and Moses closer together. We’re either kicking or working off an offload to score most of our points

DaveMc

Juniors
He’s better attacking on left but we’ve been going right for past month. Because it has been working. I think we’ve got to get Drown and Moses closer together. We’re either kicking or working off an offload to score most of our points
Yeah, very fair point.

Eelogical

Referee
Brown would have slightly redeemed himself if he jobbed Jackson one. They’d have both been marched
Brown would have redeemed himself if he'd have given his own melon a jobbing. He obviously lacks composure when things go awry. Losing control doesn't help any team except the opposition.

Latest posts