What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Nobody expects a premiership this year but we're heading in the right direction. We have BA for the next two years so lets see how that pans out. I expect our 2020 roster to have a much harder edge to it.
He's had 5 years to give this team a hard edge, not sure what two more years will do??? We talked about discipline all week and had none tonight and talk ups our chances of a top 4 spot and offered up that shit sandwich. It's 2 steps forward and 5 steps back with this bloke.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
The best call of the night is that Brown should be dropped next week regardless of the judiciary. And then when Lodge, Fifita etc are running right over us at Lang Park, we will say we missed his hard nosed attitude. You couldn’t make it up.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
You are the one flicking your bean that we just need a few forwards, we are light years away. We fell in against the Knights who are coming 10th and everyone was jizzing all over the place........

It doesn't help we have a coach who continually makes idiotic decisions like playing a fullback at 9 for 20 mins or still after 5 years having no idea how to use a bench properly. Holbrook has been snapped up and O'Brien will be gone next. While we will be stuck with BA, at least we have some stability.........
I’m flicking my bean? Right ok. So wait, you’re saying we need a decent replacement hooker? Tell me more... it’s almost like we are a couple of decent forwards short of being a very good side.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
He's had 5 years to give this team a hard edge, not sure what two more years will do??? We talked about discipline all week and had none tonight and talk ups our chances of a top 4 spot and offered up that shit sandwich. It's 2 steps forward and 5 steps back with this bloke.
At what point do the playing group accept some responsibility? Scape goating a coach is the easiest thing to do in sport. That’s fine, that’s the profession they’re in. But surely at some point the players need to shoulder some of it. I didn’t see Brad give away any penalties tonight.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I’m flicking my bean? Right ok. So wait, you’re saying we need a decent replacement hooker? Tell me more... it’s almost like we are a couple of decent forwards short of being a very good side.
Very good side lol.

Jennings is past it, offers nothing in attack. Guth is a fine fullback but slow and hardly elite and while Moses is having a great year the majority of his try assists have been off kicks. The coach has no faith in Mahoney to play 80 mins while Brown seems a bit player at the moment. The spine is years away from being elite if ever and our pack has plenty of holes in it. But yeah just a few forwards from being a very good side. I don't think Brad Arthur could ever coach a very good side.........

Bazal

Post Whore
The best call of the night is that Brown should be dropped next week regardless of the judiciary. And then when Lodge, Fifita etc are running right over us at Lang Park, we will say we missed his hard nosed attitude. You couldn’t make it up.

I really should remember not to come in here after a loss...it really is the most predictable, almost gleefully vicious place on the internet. And I always thi k it's going to be funny but it's always just like watching an entire kindergarten throw a joint tantrum

Guys who people adored last week when we'd won are chucked to the wolves like old meat when we lose. No one despises their own side like an Eels fan

Delboy

First Grade
Back from the game, not sure if it's obvious elsewhere , but the fall off in go forward and post contact metres when both Kane and Junior are off is a bridge too far at times. Through the game it's that we don't have a dummy half to spark the team when Mahoney is off, that the halves are still growing into the game, and we definitely need at a minimum a front rower, right edge and even another lock . Nathan Brown brings energy, but is almost Gallen like in dumb plays at the end of the set. Running hard into defenders and getting stopped is not going to win many games.

The backs seem OK, Waqa was almost our best, but to finish top 8 is a good result after last years debacle, but games like this when the opposition just spoils, makes life difficult and niggles are games we find it difficult to win.

Let's hope that ONeil is actually doing deals to add pieces , otherwise we will remain a mid table team again next year.

Tonight's game brought us back to earth , didn't handle the style of play thrown at us, over to the HOF to get the team into Real contention next season.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
At what point do the playing group accept some responsibility? Scape goating a coach is the easiest thing to do in sport. That’s fine, that’s the profession they’re in. But surely at some point the players need to shoulder some of it. I didn’t see Brad give away any penalties tonight.
Does he drop any of them??? I go back to lack of respect, I mentioned in his 360 interview they spent the while time trying to hit him with the ball. This bloke is meant to be their coach but he has been unwilling to make the hard decisions in most of his time here. Wow he dropped old man Mannah finally who should of been moved on eons ago. I mean how many chances did he give clowns like Norman and Edwards??? Our discipline has been rubbish in all his time here. The top coaches wouldn't accept this shit but he does, if he was serious about discipline a few blokes would be at Wenty this week.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I really should remember not to come in here after a loss...it really is the most predictable, almost gleefully vicious place on the internet. And I always thi k it's going to be funny but it's always just like watching an entire kindergarten throw a joint tantrum

Guys who people adored last week when we'd won are chucked to the wolves like old meat when we lose. No one despises their own side like an Eels fan
I think you will find people have been critical of Nathan Gallen for weeks, and the criticism of his play is perfectly valid. You have bagged Gallen for years for similar shit.

Eelogical

Referee
I'd say three of those five years he could be held accountable. Give the Bulldogs their dues, they played a pretty good game and had some decent form behind them coming into tonight's match. I can't defend the discipline side of things other than I it seems to be in our DNA. I'd rather continue working with what we've got than go fully derp and replace BA. Besides, we've chewed that over more than I care to remember.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Very good side lol.

Jennings is past it, offers nothing in attack. Guth is a fine fullback but slow and hardly elite and while Moses is having a great year the majority of his try assists have been off kicks. The coach has no faith in Mahoney to play 80 mins while Brown seems a bit player at the moment. The spine is years away from being elite if ever and our pack has plenty of holes in it. But yeah just a few forwards from being a very good side. I don't think Brad Arthur could ever coach a very good side.........
We’ve got the youngest spine in the competition and a team that is on the up. Cutting away some of the deadwood from our pack and replacing it with quality totally transforms the dynamic of our team. You keep repeating what I’m saying in your points anyway and obviously you don’t rate Brad. No issues. Enjoy the rest of your night.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The Dogs played well. We didn't play poorly. It was anyone's game and they got the bickies. We'll get them next time. In the finals.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I'd say three of those five years he could be held accountable. Give the Bulldogs their dues, they played a pretty good game and had some decent form behind them coming into tonight's match. I can't defend the discipline side of things other than I it seems to be in our DNA. I'd rather continue working with what we've got than go fully derp and replace BA. Besides, we've chewed that over more than I care to remember.
Well we are stuck with him now so may as well be happy to plod along in the name of stability.

Hope we don't ruin our premiership window in the next 2 or 3 years with a coach not good enough IMO.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We’ve got the youngest spine in the competition and a team that is on the up. Cutting away some of the deadwood from our pack and replacing it with quality totally transforms the dynamic of our team. You keep repeating what I’m saying in your points anyway and obviously you don’t rate Brad. No issues. Enjoy the rest of your night.
You too mate, up at 5 for work so it will be very exciting.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Part of me saw this coming when they blew a few chances at the start even at 6-0 up, trying to go wide all the time. Did they even do a video session on Canterbury?? You don't need to try the trick shots against these sort of teams. SIMPLE GAME PLAN, BE PATIENT!!! They never go in with the right mentality playing against teams who work so much on their defence and very little on their attack. Nothing surprises me with this mob now cause they'll probably come out and beat Brisbane by 13 plus and then just beat Manly by a point. But by that stage they'll either be too fatigued or too nervous playing finals football. This is probably a loss they needed, but unless something changes, I cant see too many improvements the way theyre playing. And I really don't like having Gutherson at dummy half when Mahoney's off, the attack was too slow.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Does he drop any of them??? I go back to lack of respect, I mentioned in his 360 interview they spent the while time trying to hit him with the ball. This bloke is meant to be their coach but he has been unwilling to make the hard decisions in most of his time here. Wow he dropped old man Mannah finally who should of been moved on eons ago. I mean how many chances did he give clowns like Norman and Edwards??? Our discipline has been rubbish in all his time here. The top coaches wouldn't accept this shit but he does, if he was serious about discipline a few blokes would be at Wenty this week.

Yeah because two rounds out from the semi finals you drop a “few blokes” to Wenty and replace them with kids or players you’ve deemed not up to standard for the majority of the previous 23 rounds. :D. Step away from the keyboard hiney, you’re having a mare. I will add, I didn’t see the NRL 360 interview. Sounds like the players were taking the piss. Times have changed I guess.

hindy111

Post Whore
Very good side lol.

I've been savaged by saying Gutherson will never be elite. He does a good enough job however and far from our problem. MJ is ok for 2020. Will be rubish in 2021.
A loss was what needed. Gives them something to work with.
Nikuore to 13 and Fergo in. Any reason Terepo was dropped?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Yeah because two rounds out from the semi finals you drop a “few blokes” to Wenty and replace them with kids or players you’ve deemed not up to standard for the majority of the previous 23 rounds. :D. Step away from the keyboard hiney, you’re having a mare.
You were the one questioning the -players saying when does the blame get shifted to them. If it is the players fault do they ever get held accountable?? And coach can do no wrong so what were we just unlucky??? We were just a little unlucky the whole of 2018.........

hindy111

Post Whore
The Dogs played well. We didn't play poorly. It was anyone's game and they got the bickies. We'll get them next time. In the finals.

Yeah best to lose the close games now and win them in finals.
The bench lacks balls. Tepai,Alvaro,Gower lack any punch. Id prefer a bench with Terepo on it and I still reckon Mannah would fire the side up and play like a mad bull given the chance. He would be in my side from here on out.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
You were the one questioning the -players saying when does the blame get shifted to them. If it is the players fault do they ever get held accountable?? And coach can do no wrong so what were we just unlucky??? We were just a little unlucky the whole of 2018.........

The players should be able to switch on and bring the required intensity and discipline for an important game. To be fair, I thought the intensity was there for the most part, though obviously the discipline was lacking, perhaps at times through fatigue. What I wouldn’t be doing is making wholesale changes to the side this close to the finals. You trust in the guys that have gotten us this far. The sooner Fergo is back in, the better.

Latest posts