What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 3rd Test Australia v England, Leeds Aug 22-26

JJ

Immortal
Archer's father is English? I know ECB altered residence rules, but think that was to align with others (and get Archer in the team LOL)

Anyway, he's a terrific prospect - he's changed this series for sure... no question that Australia's attack and Smith can change it back though

Lot on Root now, he has to perform

Last edited:

Wizardman

First Grade
I'd not pick Warner for test cricket outside of Australia. He has consistently been poor away. I'd pick him for one day and 20/20 everywhere though at the moment.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Weather forecast for the next 4 days is fine and hot (by English standards >25 Celsius). From what I saw last night we should have somehow tried to appeal for bad light and got off the park.

Though now, unless we can skittle them for less than 300, it’s going to be hard work to even save this game.

Weather forecast for the next 4 days is fine and hot (by English standards >25 Celsius). From what I saw last night we should have somehow tried to appeal for bad light and got off the park.

Though now, unless we can skittle them for less than 300, it’s going to be hard work to even save this game.

I’d say max 250, the game can’t be drawn either. It’s either they win or we do.

Eelectrica

Referee
Our only hope for the series is that Smith, Labuschange, Head and Warner can score runs and accept that we have a few batsmen just making up the numbers.

I guess Harris gets two tests.

We're pretty much down to posting help wanted on the local jobs4cash.com website. On qualificarions are once scored a Quiney and you've got the job.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I didn't expect much from that batting lineup and so not surprised.

Fighting knocks from Wanker and Labafrican. Horrid from the rest.

The Wade experiment is almost over, if he fails in the second dig I’m even considering Mitch Marsh.

Unlikely but I’d send an SOS for Joe Burns to play in the tour game next week.

Haffa

I don’t care how patient he is, his technique is laughable. Not up to standard, i’d Love to know what he was doing in his 9 months off. It wasn’t to work on his shithouse batting technique. Besides Smith Paddy Probably has the next best one in the whole team.
He was too busy pushing people under the bus.

Eelectrica

Referee
The Wade experiment is almost over, if he fails in the second dig I’m even considering Mitch Marsh.

Unlikely but I’d send an SOS for Joe Burns to play in the tour game next week.
Yep. Marsh is starting to look like a viable alternative. He bowl a bit as well.

Oh god now I've got Marsh back in the test team I just going to find a corner and rock back and forth for a while.

blaza88z

Coach
It's impossible to say exactly how good he will be but for a bloke playing his 6th test.. he's an exciting prospect Labuschagne, I don't think you could ask for harder conditions to bat in and it took a rank full toss which he clearly didn't pickup to get him out

The rest of our batsmen, what can you say? Warner fought hard, he played and missed about 20 times

At least with Smith/Labuschagne we have 2 batsmen able to perform under English conditions, we basically have to bank on them at this point and hope for some contributions from someone else in the top 6