What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldogs embracing being Spoiler

davi

Juniors
Full credit to Dean Pay and the Bulldogs. They could have shut up shop like the Titans at the end of season but have kept putting in and punished some teams who have been complacent with them. Playing for pride really does mean something here-circling that you have easy W against the Bulldogs and looking further ahead to other teams you have to play against before you play finals footy is at your peril.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
They do love a good spoiler out Bankstown way..

images

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
The 11 results below which the club needs to go their way to cement a spot in the 2019 finals series:

Round 23:
Cowboys beat Panthers, Rabbitohs beat Broncos, Warriors beat Sharks, Knights beat Tigers

Round 24:
Eels beat Broncos, Roosters beat Panthers, Raiders beat Sharks, Dragons beat Tigers

Round 25:
Raiders beat Warriors, Tigers beat Sharks, Knights beat Panthers.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/08/23/how-the-bulldogs-can-make-the-finals/

moffla

Bench
A lot needs to go their way - but they're not exactly impossible results.

If anything this end to the season will give them huge confidence in making the 8 next year. Credit to them, they look like quite the cohesive unit now.

Frailty

First Grade
Rather than have controversies created by the media, I would love to see some in depth analysis into the turn around. More specifically, their attack isn't necessarily generating a lot of their points, but their defence has been great.

This is in stark contrast to the rest of the season, so what specifically has changed in their strategies? I don't buy the 'more committed' argument.

Apey

Staff member
As I said in another thread, the biggest issue for the Bulldogs is relying on the Dragons to win games. Warriors to a lesser extent. Tbh most of the other games are 50/50s at this point anyway.

Fangs

Coach
Great heart shown by the Dogs. More than happy to see the Tigers relocated and Parramatta obliterated from the NRL.

ek999

First Grade
DWZ has transformed the team since arriving. Since he arrived they are 6 from 9 with losses to the Roosters twice and the Broncos.

Give him a full preseason with the team and if Foran stays fit, there is a good chance of making the 8 next year.

ACTPanthers

Bench
DWZ has transformed the team since arriving. Since he arrived they are 6 from 9 with losses to the Roosters twice and the Broncos.

Give him a full preseason with the team and if Foran stays fit, there is a good chance of making the 8 next year.

HA HA HA HA HA

Fangs

Coach

DWZ has brought a lot of energy. Been a great pick up for them.

dogz08

First Grade
The 11 results below which the club needs to go their way to cement a spot in the 2019 finals series:

Round 23:
Cowboys beat Panthers, Rabbitohs beat Broncos, Warriors beat Sharks, Knights beat Tigers

Round 24:
Eels beat Broncos, Roosters beat Panthers, Raiders beat Sharks, Dragons beat Tigers

Round 25:
Raiders beat Warriors, Tigers beat Sharks, Knights beat Panthers.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2019/08/23/how-the-bulldogs-can-make-the-finals/

Warriors beating the Sharks is probably the toughest one

Someguy

First Grade
Parra needs to put a media ban on Moses imo after the I’m glad the dogs turned me down he justified their decision last night

Lambretta

First Grade
A lot needs to go their way - but they're not exactly impossible results.

If anything this end to the season will give them huge confidence in making the 8 next year. Credit to them, they look like quite the cohesive unit now.

Fingers crossed , if they don't make the Finals, their Mad Monday celebration is one for the back pages not the front ones......

Oh who the hell am I kidding . I hope they're internationally famous

typicalfan

Coach

You see this often though, a struggling team goes on a late season run once they are out of contention for finals and the pressure is off. Yes they can technically still make it but not too many would give them a chance.

Latest posts