What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons 2020 Roster in Shambles

St Georgio

Juniors
Tedesco is a fullback.

Provan was a 2nd rower and Gasnier was a centre.

Regardless of your lack of positional insights, the fact remains he would be the highest paid hooker in the game, but not even the best hooker in the game.

That makes no sense.

Why would you get rid of McInness instead of a non performing forward?

Again, makes no sense.
Oh Yes Paul, I forget we are the true Heavyweights in the NRL much feared by every other team, just sit back this weekend when the Roosters pour on 50!

Old Timer

Coach
That decision shows just how inept we are as a club.
Somehow they think that a busted player on old legs is going to add to the on field performance.
The forwards are outgunned regularly and having Graham in the side will not prevent that regardless of how big his heart is or how deep his passion for success.
His output is no longer that of a player that is at the peak of his powers and in fact was not when we took the option to sign him.
Dogs have lost Graham & Klemmer and are now finding a way to get their forwards on the front foot whilst we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot with poor decisions in recruitment.
Graham as a coach to young forwards would be as far as I would go in respect of keeping him in any capacity.

TruSaint

Referee
That decision shows just how inept we are as a club.
Somehow they think that a busted player on old legs is going to add to the on field performance.
The forwards are outgunned regularly and having Graham in the side will not prevent that regardless of how big his heart is or how deep his passion for success.
His output is no longer that of a player that is at the peak of his powers and in fact was not when we took the option to sign him.
Dogs have lost Graham & Klemmer and are now finding a way to get their forwards on the front foot whilst we constantly shoot ourselves in the foot with poor decisions in recruitment.
Graham as a coach to young forwards would be as far as I would go in respect of keeping him in any capacity.

Thing is OT, that the option is in his favour.

If Graham was going to retire from footy, and take on some other role, I would think it would have been announced at his 400th.

Old Timer

Coach
The Best Player in the Game right now is a Hooker, The most influential players when the Dragons won 11 in Row were Hookers (Ian Walsh and Killer Ken Kearney)!
McInness Maybe lock or Trade him to another Team for another Big Bopper!
With unlimited tackles hookers had a much more significant role in the game back then which is not so much the case in the game today.
Smith no doubt is a standout (as a grub as well) but is the exception rather than the norm.
St George in the great run were blessed that they basically used only 3 hookers over the period, coupled with greats like Provan, Gasnier, King, Smith but were most astute in respect of the high quality external signings they made in all positions like Langlands, Lumsden, Clay, Raper, Gouley, Rasmussen, Bath, Huddart to name a few and without them the run would not have happened.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Graham will exercise his option for next year he's already indicated this.

The issue I have with him is the management around his game time. Our power game isnt for Graham (and most of our other forwards for that matter).
Unless something drastic happens in the off season expect to see him in the Red V in 2020.

Bench
If Aitken and Lafai test the water and don’t get any bites they will still be here in 2020

TruSaint

Referee
Graham will exercise his option for next year he's already indicated this.

The issue I have with him is the management around his game time. Our power game isnt for Graham (and most of our other forwards for that matter).
Unless something drastic happens in the off season expect to see him in the Red V in 2020.

I absolutely have no problem with him playing on.

Managed correctly, he still offers a great deal.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Season 2019
Dragons have 2nd worst defence, 4th worst attack
Dragons have no longer got a power game as they are bashed out of most contests
Players have lacked intensity all season...its obvious after the first 15 minutes of play
No new names on the horizon for recruitment...rumoured many leaving
JDB indicated he won't play for the club again even if acquitted
Same old coach
Worst CEO in the NRL....the most impotent, ineffectual CEO to have occupied that position
Worst Board in the NRL

Should I go on...any talk of an brighter 2020 is a fantasy

BLM01

First Grade
Season 2019
Dragons have 2nd worst defence, 4th worst attack
Dragons have no longer got a power game as they are bashed out of most contests
Players have lacked intensity all season...its obvious after the first 15 minutes of play
No new names on the horizon for recruitment...rumoured many leaving
JDB indicated he won't play for the club again even if acquitted
Same old coach
Worst CEO in the NRL....the most impotent, ineffectual CEO to have occupied that position
Worst Board in the NRL

Should I go on...any talk of an brighter 2020 is a fantasy

No good analagy. I think you about covered it
Except ...Doust is the worst CEO. BJ may be part of the dumb Mary extension..but has inherited the board he reports to...and
There is only a couple of players that can hold their heads high re good intensity..all season

boardlumps62

Juniors
Twinkle Toes said JDB doesn't want to play for the Dragons if acquitted of charges. Why then does he look like he is training hard with the team still. Does that make sense.

jeffdragon

Bench
Parra 4th, spoon now 6th.
Bought a few players.
Fans wanted coach gone .
Improves heaps this year.
Who knows!