What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who's Next?

Who do you want to see replace Brown?

• Geoff Toovey

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Adam O'Brien

Votes: 16 48.5%
  • Anthony Griffin

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • Craig Fitzgibbon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kevin Walters

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trent Barrett

• Shaun Wane

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Kristian Woolf

• Garth Brennan

• Jason Ryles

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Shane Flanagan

Votes: 4 12.1%

• Total voters

Still Nutty

Juniors
wonder why? he sounds good to me. No nonsense hard ass and a successful head coach from England- it worked before.

Has this other bloke O'brien ever had any coaching experience other than assistant ? Jeez I'm nervous.
For quite some time now there has been a clear sense of Wests/Brown looking for those that have come through successful Australian systems - that has been evident in some of the player signings we have targeted, some of the management and staff positions and I think that is flowing through into the coaching philosophy...

On that basis, Fitzgibbon, O'Brien, Ryles, etc. although untested, seem to be the type of candidate being targeted. Whilst we expose ourselves to the risk of a rookie coach, we are potentially bringing through the next generation of Robinson, Bellamy, etc.

I think it is a risky but sound strategy to go with and I hope we land O'Brien, if that is the case because he has the background and foundations from both of the top 2 successful club systems but doesn't come with any of the baggage that other experienced coaches may carry with them.

Not sure if in this forum or somewhere else but I recently came across some info that of the past 27 premiership winning coaches, 23 of them were 1st time coaches at the club they achieved success...food for thought

Last edited:

Knight Vision

First Grade
Looks odds on we will get O’brien. Don’t know much about him but from everything I’ve heard the last few days I’m happy with the choice.
I'll continue to support whoever they choose. I want another Premiership before I die.....or I cannot remember my own name.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Toohey is saying Shep is also looking elsewhere with Woolf a certain to go.
Listening to that bloke talk never filled me with great confidence. Hope the next head coach isnt paranoid of an assistant taking his job and surrounds himself with high quality ambitious 2IC's. ( head coaches in waiting )

Listening to that bloke talk never filled me with great confidence. Hope the next head coach isnt paranoid of an assistant taking his job and surrounds himself with high quality ambitious 2IC's. ( head coaches in waiting )
His nature in the team announcements never set me on fire. He seemed well informed but also seemed to lack some gusto.

I'm OK with O'Brien as long as Moses doesn't have undue influence. That bloke seems to try and get his hand in every pie he can.

Knight Vision

First Grade
We basically got the best man available. What can we complain about.
Now we head into the great unknown and a coach who will gut the playing group ( except Moses clients ) Given the weekends performance that cant be a bad thing.