What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BxTom

Bench
The last post in that thread is over 2 years ago.
That's correct. It is the opinion of the manly fans at ( or just after) the time we released him. Iirc, Segs was still looking good and he (Api) was released as we didn't have room for him to play. The time is very relevant as he was judges on his ability at that time, not two years hence.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Who said he wouldn't be better?
Shit, sorry mate, I see how this would of looked to the discussion currently going on...

My post, albeit not exactly obvious, was in relation to a discussion I was having at work with another Panthers fan - I can see how you would take it as a response to your discussion though, and I apologise for that - The mate in question is a lurker (never posted) on here and it was more for him then anyone else :)

BxTom

Bench
Shit, sorry mate, I see how this would of looked to the discussion currently going on...

My post, albeit not exactly obvious, was in relation to a discussion I was having at work with another Panthers fan - I can see how you would take it as a response to your discussion though, and I apologise for that - The mate in question is a lurker (never posted) on here and it was more for him then anyone else :)
Nah, all good. It's easy to see how my comment could be interpreted if taken out of context. I was specifically replying to the stupid comment about the 'greatness' of the Dave committee! ;) Cheers.

franklin2323

Immortal
The point is he was not good then. He was basically untested. Saying the committee was better than Gus is pretty stupid. Dave and his mates have achieved what to date?

Got rid of overpaid players like DWZ and Blake. Tapped RCG and Whare on the shoulder. Realised Ivan needs help so brought in Barrett. Actually trying to sign outside players...When is the last time we have done that?

Alintheeast

Juniors
Got rid of overpaid players like DWZ and Blake. Tapped RCG and Whare on the shoulder. Realised Ivan needs help so brought in Barrett. Actually trying to sign outside players...When is the last time we have done that?
Don’t we do that every year except the surnames are different Smiling Imoji(one day I’ll work it out)

mxlegend99

Referee
The fact we are talking to Api is proof we are better off with the new committee over Gus
How?

Gus identified and signed him before he was a regular NRL player. We're only looking at him now because we couldn't develop a decent 9 if our lives depended on it.

We also signed James Segeyaro under Gus. Its ridiculous to suggest Gus couldnt and wouldnt try to fix hooker.

This was the first year we didnt have a decent first choice in a while. Kingston. Segeyaro. Korisau. Wallace... into Katoa.

Katoa was expected to deliver more than he has. As was Egan.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
We don’t just need a better hooker, we also need more experience in key positions. Api provides both.

Could also spur Egan on to improve.

That is what I want. More experience and another threat in the spine.

Our spine next year is very young and light on experience.

1. Edwards (23 age) and 42 games

6. Luai 22 and 17 games
7. Cleary 21 and 76 games

9. Kenny 21 and 11 games
Egan 22 and 26 games.

We really more quality experience even for a year or two while some the younger players develop.
Api would be a good buy if he stays healthy.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach

Ok mate join in and yes Api would be good here.

franklin2323

Immortal
How?

Gus identified and signed him before he was a regular NRL player. We're only looking at him now because we couldn't develop a decent 9 if our lives depended on it.

We also signed James Segeyaro under Gus. Its ridiculous to suggest Gus couldnt and wouldnt try to fix hooker.

This was the first year we didnt have a decent first choice in a while. Kingston. Segeyaro. Korisau. Wallace... into Katoa.

Katoa was expected to deliver more than he has. As was Egan.

Not about the position. It is about going we are bad in x position. Instead of just bringing up the next junior in line early but hitting the market to fill gaps needed. Much better way to do it

Fangs

Coach
That is what I want. More experience and another threat in the spine.

Our spine next year is very light on experience.

1. Edwards (23 age) and 42 games

6. Luai 22 and 17 games
7. Cleary 21 and 76 games

9. Kenny 21 and 11 games
Egan 22 and 26 games.

We really more quality experience even for a year or two while some the younger players develop.
Api would be a good buy if he stays healthy.

Only Cleary has played finals football from that spine as well. Albeit a lot of finals football. But its all hinging on him.

If the rest of the spine get a chance at just 1 finals game this year then its certainly a win.

OldPanther

Coach
Only Cleary has played finals football from that spine as well. Albeit a lot of finals football. But its all hinging on him.

If the rest of the spine get a chance at just 1 finals game this year then its certainly a win.

The main thing is something you touch on and that's experience. If we keep rebuilding every two years we'll never win anything.

OldPanther

Coach
Which is what I meant before. Under Gus we'd probably already of had Kenny locked in for 5 years or something instead of trying to fix with new recruits

Definitely. Gus was good but was prone to sentimentality to the point of hurting the roster. Like with Mansour. Everyone loves him including me but we need more.

unKwn

Juniors

edwards has played finals but that was in 2017. still a very inexperience spine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts