What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Cowboys

TheFrog

Coach
The Souths home game was bullshit. I remember thinking the Sharks game was fine. I don't remember too much about Titans in GC (must be a trauma injury, can't believe we lost to that rabble).
The one I remember most, apart from Parra round 1, is the Tigers home game. Yes we won it in the last second but two tries disallowed, one admitted as an error by Annesley, the other overruling both the ref and touchie Kasey Badger (who was 2 metres away with eyes peeled) on the basis of a camera 70 metres away. Biased I know but this was the worst bunker call of the year. The first Sharks game was a shocker as well, lots of dodgy calls to deny us possession in the last quarter.

Other sides have had similar misfortune. The Titans certainly got shafted an awful lot before just giving up mid-season. The Cowboys too had lots of fistings, Annesley seeming to apologise to them weekly before changing tack in the second half of the season and defending his refs blunders. I expect the Cows to do much better next year on account of their new stadium. The Warriors have had their problems getting a fair suck of the sav as well.

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/08/22/piazza-doro-updated-teamlist-round-23/

Panthers v Cowboys
1300SMILES Stadium
6pm Friday 23 August

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Hertz
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by Chemtools
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

14. Jarome LUAI - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Bidfood
18. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by CETNAJ Wetherill Park/Rouse Hill
19. Billy BURNS - sponsored by Worldwide Parramatta

Sele has been cut.

images (57).jpeg

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I also think we have had some rough deals with refs this year but so has just about every other team in the comp, no more or less than us. Over a year I think all the good and bad calls even themselves out but it’s seems to be an obsession with some to blame refs. 9 out of 10 times we lose is because we constantly drop the ball, keep missing tackles and giving away dumb penalties.

Yep. It's turned into a bit of a monotonous ref-blaming culture on here, even more so than most NRL fans. It gets a bit tiring after a while.

Fangs

Coach
Game day. And a sense of optimism has washed over Fangs this morning.

A win tonight sees us stay in the race. We aren't winning the competition but making the finals is basically a win for us after our start to the year.

Rooting for Souths and Warriors this weekend as well.

MrBlack

Juniors
Game day. And a sense of optimism has washed over Fangs this morning.

A win tonight sees us stay in the race. We aren't winning the competition but making the finals is basically a win for us after our start to the year.

Rooting for Souths and Warriors this weekend as well.

After our poor poor start to the year, I agree that making the finals will be a minor miracle.

Must win tonight against a very ordinary looking Cowboys team. Then need to back it up in the last round with a win over Newcastle. That should just about get us there. (Roosters assuming a loss).

mxlegend99

Referee
I believe we can and should win tonight. But I also feel like we are destined to miss the 8 on for and against. Not feeling optimistic at all about making the top 8 this season.

Roosters will clearly destroy us. Our other 2 games are winnable but we will almost certainly throw one of them away if not both.

OldPanther

Coach
https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2019/08/23/piazza-doro-late-mail-round-23/

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has finalised his side to face North Queensland Cowboys at 1300SMILES Stadium.

Jarome Luai and Billy Burns have been omitted, with Wayde Egan shifting from the reserves to the bench.

The Panthers will wear the 2019 Home Jersey.

Panthers v Cowboys
1300SMILES Stadium
6pm Friday 23 August

1. Dylan EDWARDS - sponsored by Lendcorp
2. Stephen CRICHTON - sponsored by Daily Press
3. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Volvo Cars Penrith
4. Brent NADEN - sponsored by AMA Event Management
5. Brian TO'O - sponsored by Fornari's Interior Linings
6. James MALONEY - sponsored by Soneta Plumbing
7. Nathan CLEARY - sponsored by Tuff Mouthguards
8. James TAMOU (c) - sponsored by Signace
9. Mitch KENNY - sponsored by Hertz
10. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by HIX Group
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Zoo Fitness
12. Liam MARTIN - sponsored by Chemtools
13. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Stylus Blinds

18. Wayde EGAN :heart_eyes: - sponsored by Chardon & Abbott Home Loans
15. Spencer LENIU - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Potter Automotive
17. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Bidfood

Last edited:

kinghippo

Juniors
The team looks ok.
Hopefully Cleary uses the bench in some type of normal rotation.
Perhaps he could try replacing a forward with a forward, or a hooker with a hooker.
If someone is exhausted, give them a rest.
Crazy stuff like that.

OldPanther

Coach
The team looks ok.
Perhaps he could try replacing a forward with a forward, or a hooker with a hooker.
Crazy stuff like that.

3 props will help.

Kilkenny

Coach
The team looks ok.
Crazy stuff like that.

None of the above is gonna happen.

The usual suspects will get the full 80, Moses 20-25, Lenui 10-15 if he’s lucky or someone gets injured and Egan probably come on with 15 to go regardless of how the game is playing out.

OldPanther

Coach
None of the above is gonna happen.

The usual suspects will get the full 80, Moses 20-25, Lenui 10-15 if he’s lucky or someone gets injured and Egan probably come on with 15 to go regardless of how the game is playing out.

I see this is not your first rodeo

giphy.gif