What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Cowboys

OldPanther

Coach
OP I love you mate, but don't be daft. The dropped balls, missed tackles and completely inept halfback play will continue with or without Maloney.

Every time Nathan took over we straightened up and looked better. Maloney absolutely gets in the way. He did the same to the Sharks in 2017.

We beat Sharks for the first time in 5 years and our only win in 6 weeks when he didn't play.

I hope I don't sound rude to anyone I'm angry right now.

box57l

Juniors
Dave's mate's record over 300 games is why he should NEVER have been reappointed. Mediocre is the best thing you could say about him. Just a continuation of where he left us last time, outside the eight and drifting aimlessly making up the numbers. To be fair, he is performing exactly as his career history has shown.
"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

Pomoz

Bench
Every time Nathan took over we straightened up and looked better. Maloney absolutely gets in the way. He did the same to the Sharks in 2017.

We beat Sharks for the first time in 5 years and our only win in 6 weeks when he didn't play.

I'm angry too, but more at the coach and committee who selected him when Hasler, Maguire and Bennett were available. Why, just why?

A single player doesn't fix where we are right now, I wish it did.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm angry too, but more at the coach and committee who selected him when Hasler, Maguire and Bennett were available. Why, just why?

A single player doesn't fix where we are right now, I wish it did.

Imagine turning away a multiple premiership winning coach haha.

lsta5838

Juniors
Imo some of the worst plays was kikau. Backed turned after penalty giving away resulting in 30m after quick tap and slow running back after 20m restart resulting in a try. Bring on 2020. Hopefully it will be the team Ivan wants.

TL51

Juniors
It’s not the mistakes made, the knock ons or kicking out on the full, that has made me angry with this game. It’s the total lack of enthusiasm, determination and teamwork. I don’t want to hear about not winning games in Qld or that it’s the refs fault. All I’d like to see is some enthusiasm because your season is on the line. So many times this year I have waited to see some support players when a break is made, fully completed sets, players getting to their feet to play the ball instead of trying to milk a penalty. To play with discipline and show some effort on the field. This team is in desperate need of leadership to demand higher standards.

Pomoz

Bench
We'd be top 4.
Possibly, but we would at least be fit and playing to our strengths in attack. Just so we are clear, our strengths aren't giving the ball to Nathan "Wonder", who couldn't spot a gap if it was lit up like the main runway at Kingsford Smith airport.

That said, I am no longer sure we have any strengths in attack.

[Edit: Our main strength in attack is that the game only lasts 80 minutes.....]

I hope you’re right, because it’s our only real hope for 2020.

Black Magik

Juniors
It’s not the mistakes made, the knock ons or kicking out on the full, that has made me angry with this game. It’s the total lack of enthusiasm, determination and teamwork. I don’t want to hear about not winning games in Qld or that it’s the refs fault. All I’d like to see is some enthusiasm because your season is on the line. So many times this year I have waited to see some support players when a break is made, fully completed sets, players getting to their feet to play the ball instead of trying to milk a penalty. To play with discipline and show some effort on the field. This team is in desperate need of leadership to demand higher standards.
Precisely. Nothing less than all of this.

age.s

First Grade
Maloney was very very crap, but anyone suggesting that Luai or Burton (a 17 y/o who's played one game of NRL) are a silver bullet to the overwhelming amount of problems this team has needs their head read. We are a team with many many problems and very little to be proud of atm. There's no structure with the ball, some glaringly poor defense, mountains of errors and missed tackles all over the park and 2 (not 1) halves that have no idea what to do with each other. Even a known gun like Kikau looks like a complete plodder. While I'd love Maloney to be replaced by Luai for the last two games, it's both not going to happen and pretty much a waste of time anyway. Luai would improve the side from a D- to a D+. Maybe.

Why the f**k was JFH off the field for half the game? If he had an injury problem then fair enough but he looked fine when he came back on so I have to assume it was tactical. One of the very very few consistently awesome things this team has going for it is a tireless machine who keeps the middle third from splitting apart for 80 minutes. Sure enough our middle went crap when he had a spell. Why on earth would you halve his effectiveness?

Much has been said about Maloney, but RCG was comfortably the worst on the field and Naden looks more and more like a CC player every week. What the hell happened to Kikau? To'o, Leinu, Edwards and maybe Yeo about the only ones worth feeding.

Pomoz

Bench
Media: "What went wrong for you guys"
Dave's mate: "Well the ref started the game by blowing the whistle......."

OldPanther

Coach
Maloney was very very crap, but anyone suggesting that Luai or Burton (a 17 y/o who's played one game of NRL) are a silver bullet to the overwhelming amount of problems this team has needs their head read. We are a team with many many problems and very little to be proud of atm. There's no structure with the ball, some glaringly poor defense, mountains of errors and missed tackles all over the park and 2 (not 1) halves that have no idea what to do with each other. Even a known gun like Kikau looks like a complete plodder. While I'd love Maloney to be replaced by Luai for the last two games, it's both not going to happen and pretty much a waste of time anyway. Luai would improve the side from a D- to a D+. Maybe.

Why the f**k was JFH off the field for half the game? If he had an injury problem then fair enough but he looked fine when he came back on so I have to assume it was tactical. One of the very very few consistently awesome things this team has going for it is a tireless machine who keeps the middle third from splitting apart for 80 minutes. Sure enough our middle went crap when he had a spell. Why on earth would you halve his effectiveness?

Much has been said about Maloney, but RCG was comfortably the worst on the field and Naden looks more and more like a CC player every week. What the hell happened to Kikau? To'o, Leinu, Edwards and maybe Yeo about the only ones worth feeding.

It's not that they'd magically win us games it's that there is a proven factor in rugby league with 2 controlling halves not working together. Even worse when one switches off. You must have complimentary halves and we don't.