What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year

TheFrog

Coach
Round 23 vs Cowboys

Edwards 6
Crichton 5
Whare 5
Naden 4
To'o 6
Maloney 3
Cleary 4
Tamou 5
Kenny 5
Fisher-Harris 5
Kikau 4
Martin 6
Yeo 5

Leniu 5
Leota 3
Campbell-Gillard 5
Egan 3

OldPanther

Coach
Round 23 vs Cowboys

Edwards 6
Crichton 5
Whare 5
Naden 4
To'o 6
Maloney 3
Cleary 4
Tamou 5
Kenny 5
Fisher-Harris 5
Kikau 4
Martin 6
Yeo 5

Leniu 5
Leota 3
Campbell-Gillard 5
Egan 3

I'll re do mine to look more professional. I also notice the anti Egan bias again.

Round 23 vs Cowboys

Edwards 9
Crichton 5
Whare 3
Naden 2
To'o 8
Maloney 1
Cleary 5
Tamou 3
Kenny 1
Fisher-Harris 4
Kikau 2
Martin 5
Yeo 6

Leniu 6
Leota 4
Campbell-Gillard 1
Egan 6

age.s

First Grade
Edwards 7 - Good again. Positioned well all night and a great tackle on Taumololo to save a try. Would have had a try if RCG could manage a basic pass.
To'o 7 - Good again. Lots of effort and meters out of our own end. One of our few threats.
Whare 6 - Nice catch and pass for the To'o try. Did nothing wrong defensively. Not flash but comfortably the best centre at the club. We'd be silly to boot him.
Naden 4 - Crap again. Dumb penalties, handling errors and ordinary work in defense.
Crichton 5 - Has potential but has come into the team at the wrong time. Should have really scored when Feldt bundled him into touch.
Maloney 3 - What on earth was that Jimmy?
Cleary 5 - Plodder. At least he can tackle.
Tamou 6 - Plenty of work in the only gear the guy seems to have.
Kenny 5 - Ok service and defense but clearly doesn't know when to run and doesn't look like a longer term option. Looked better in the backrow when Egan came on.
JFH 6 - Spent half the game off the field then looked desperate when he came back on. How on earth does a coach manage to misuse this guy?
Kikau 4 - Plodder. Invisible. Looks unhappy and who can blame him?
Martin 6 - Lots of effort and some good hits.
Yeo 6 - Heaps of work and great effort for his try. Doesn't have much else atm.

Leinu 7 - An actually dangerous forward. Runs very very hard, lands on his stomach and pushes them back in defense.
Leota 5 - A few errors and little impact. Looked better starting.
RCG 3 - Awful. Butchered two tries. Ambled around. Looks unfit. No impact and little work. Blowing up to the ref as Feldt strolls past him typifies him.
Egan 5 - Looked ok with few minutes when the game was already over. Hopefully gets more time in the coming weeks.

Last edited:

OldPanther

Coach
You are trying my patience. Kenny made 60 tackles. That gets you 5. I hardly noticed Egan in the 33 minutes he was on. 18 metres 19 tackles. We need a dummy half who can run.

Trying your patience? Yes showing people they are wrong does that. Now it's a matter of stats but when Egan had the better game statistically he still got a lower score. That is called bias and is trying my patience!

No shit we need a dummy half. If people actually paid attention they'd see I have agreed with bringing Api back.

Fangs

Coach
Edwards 8
Crichton 3
Whare 5
Naden 4
To'o 5
Maloney 2
Cleary 4
Tamou 4
Kenny 6
Fisher-Harris 5
Kikau 5
Martin 4
Yeo 6

Leniu 8 (Impressive game, bit of everything from him)
Leota 4
Campbell-Gillard 3
Egan 4

What a disappointing performance.

OldPanther

Coach
It's 100% opinion. You don't show people they are wrong. Who do you think you are anyway? I'm sorry mate, but its time to pull your head out of your arse.

Last time I showed that Egan had the better game statistically. Got shot down. This time you use Kenny's stats to justify it. I'm happy to accept it's all subjective but this is an agenda against a player.

Also go f**k yourself. I even tried to meet you halfway and agreed with part of your comment. All you do is 've negative.

Flashstep

Juniors
Edwards 7
Crichton 6
Whare 5
Naden 4
To'o 7
Maloney 2
Cleary 4
Kenny 5
JFH 6
Kikau 4
Martin 7
Yeo 6

Leinu 5
Leota 4
RCG 3
Egan 4

OldPanther

Coach
It's 100% opinion. You don't show people they are wrong. Who do you think you are anyway? I'm sorry mate, but its time to pull your head out of your arse.

Anyway I'm ignoring you a while. All you do is want to blame refs and tried to talk the forum down earlier. Not sure what happened to you but you never used to be like this.

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Round 23 vs Cowboys
Another disappointing effort. Only two games to go.

Edwards 7
Crichton 5
Whare 5
Naden 4
To'o 6
Maloney 4
Cleary 5
Tamou 6
Kenny 6
Fisher-Harris 5
Kikau 4
Martin 6
Yeo 6

Leniu 6
Leota 4
Campbell-Gillard 5
Egan 5

Pomoz

Bench
Edwards 6
Crichton 5
Whare 4
Naden 4
To'o 6 - he is a star in the making.
Maloney 4
Cleary 4
Tamou 4
Kenny 5
Fisher-Harris 4
Kikau 3
Martin 5
Yeo 3

Leniu 4
Leota 4
Campbell-Gillard 4
Egan 4

A couple of points:
  • Yeo - 28m, Kikau 69m. For players out wide this is unacceptable.
  • Martin made 96m and 50 tackles. Great effort, it's a pity Yeo and Kikau didn't join in.
  • Leota 21 minutes, subbing JFH. It makes perfect sense to save them for next week when we play the Roosters.....

Kilkenny

Coach
Edwards 6
Crichton 5
Whare 4
Naden 4
To'o 6 - he is a star in the making.
Maloney 4
Cleary 4
Tamou 4
Kenny 5
Fisher-Harris 4
Kikau 3
Martin 5
Yeo 3

Leniu 4
Leota 4
Campbell-Gillard 4
Egan 4

A couple of points:
  • Yeo - 28m, Kikau 69m. For players out wide this is unacceptable.
  • Martin made 96m and 50 tackles. Great effort, it's a pity Yeo and Kikau didn't join in.
  • Leota 21 minutes, subbing JFH. It makes perfect sense to save them for next week when we play the Roosters.....

At the end of this season I wonder how many of our players can be pleased with there season 2019.

Not many I would suggest and many have gone backwards so I’m not sure what that says about our coaching and where we are at as a club.

We complained about the Griffin era but if nothing else he got us into the top 8 and we enjoyed a couple of semi final victories and close losses in game two.

Griffin was not going to take us to the GF but given a choice I think we were better off with him than where we are now and that’s saying something.

Anthony Griffin was far from a master coach but on reflection I enjoyed making the top eight three seasons in a row and our semi final victories. Distant memory now.

soc123_au

Staff member
Edwards 6
Crichton 5
Whare 4
Naden 4
To'o 7 - Really had a good dig. It's a shame no one joined in.
Maloney 4
Cleary 4
Tamou 4
Kenny 5
Fisher-Harris 4
Kikau 3
Martin 5
Yeo 3

Leniu 4
Leota 4
Campbell-Gillard 4
Egan 4