What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R23 Fri - Broncos 20-22 Rabbitohs @ Suncorp

Round 23: Broncos v Rabbitohs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

blaza88z

Coach
A bagfull of foreskins.

Like I mentioned earlier, last week they won against a side in Penrith who handled that game to them on a silver platter, yet the Broncos tonight couldn't beat a side with most of their engine room missing. THIS was a very bad loss for the Broncos on a few levels.

IMO, there is still some chance for them to be finals contenders, but they'll be only making up the numbers.

Mate if you don't mind me adding some reality to the discussion, there are only 3 teams who are finals contenders and neither of the teams on display tonight were one of those 3.

Making the finals is one thing, being a contender is another. I believe we will make the finals but we won't be a contender.

GongPanther

Referee
Wayne walking into the press conference tonight

200w.webp
And taking a couple of steps backwards,stopped and smiled at the press conference, then walked ahead.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
IMO the Su'A tackle was nothing. The initial hit the player slipped, then he just sandbagged him on the chest. Shouldn't miss any time.

Initial contact was high, regardless of whether he slipped into it or not is irrelevant. But wasn't anything more than a penalty for that.

Open your other eye about what went on after though. Forearm/elbow to the face isn't just sandbagging him on the chest.

yobbo84

First Grade
Initial contact was high, regardless of whether he slipped into it or not is irrelevant. But wasn't anything more than a penalty for that.

Open your other eye about what went on after though. Forearm/elbow to the face isn't just sandbagging him on the chest.
Didn't know his face was under his neck?

Mate if you don't mind me adding some reality to the discussion, there are only 3 teams who are finals contenders and neither of the teams on display tonight were one of those 3.

Making the finals is one thing, being a contender is another. I believe we will make the finals but we won't be a contender.

All things being equal, this seems right.

gerg

Juniors

Usually there is a team on a roll coming into the finals, to add a bit of interest but teams 5 to 10 are just plodding along.

GongPanther

Referee
Bit salty after losing to the Cows are we? There is no doubt that if we make the finals we're gone in the first week.
I wouldn't be in here if I was salty. And remember, I did tip Souths before this game for the very reason going by last week's result. And besides, I wasn't expecting an improved performance based on our previous 3 games, so us losing against a side who were had a better attitude on the night didn't faze me in the slightest.

Cheap Charlie

Juniors

This

horrie hastings

First Grade
Was out for dinner and only caught the game on my phone from when Cook went over with about 15 mins to go, kept on waiting for a lol South's moment after the Broncos hit straight back but it never quite eventuated .

GongPanther

Referee

Contenders for the finals...as fighting for a spot to actually make it. Please try to realise the context of ones statement. THAT is the reality I was conveying.

insert.pause

First Grade
A bagfull of foreskins.

Like I mentioned earlier, last week they won against a side in Penrith who handled that game to them on a silver platter, yet the Broncos tonight couldn't beat a side with most of their engine room missing. THIS was a very bad loss for the Broncos on a few levels.

IMO, there is still some chance for them to be finals contenders, but they'll be only making up the numbers.
I don’t think even the most staunch broncos supporter believes they will do anything this year, IF they even make the 8.

TPJ & Turpin were very big outs for that team, one provides the majority of their offloads & second phase play & the other the direction.