What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 vs Roosters

Dragonslayer

First Grade
It is a probably another McGregor rest up of Benny Hunt week!...it has almost been 5 weeks since the last rest

Lol you're probably right on there.

I also am very curious to see if the 2 mummies get on the field at the same time. If so, I will be intently watching to see if the Chooks scors can equal the time clock.

BLM01

First Grade
Lol you're probably right on there.

I also am very curious to see if the 2 mummies get on the field at the same time. If so, I will be intently watching to see if the Chooks scors can equal the time clock.
Who are the 2 mummies?

BLM01

First Grade
LOL...told you it is compulsory comedy viewing
Yep...we are going to match the Roosters AFL team as they have won 5 on the bounce
And we have only conceded 1 try the last 3 halves against the Top 8 teams...great stuff
My question...how many in the 1st half of those games because funnily enough we lost.

Geez was that a jouno from the Illawaara mercury asking the questions. It is almost he was fed what to ask straight out of the excuse manual
But thats right OPINOF (our past is not our future)....when is that coming back out to play

Last edited:

I Dress Myself

Juniors
There will be no dropped balls this week..after what Mary saw no one is to pass the ball this week!
But such detail...it almost like you are Nostradamus
Lotto numbers for this Saturday are.........please before Saturday. ;)

The problem is we don't need to pass the ball to drop it :(
If I get close with my prediction this week, then instead of predicting footy next week i'll drop some random numbers for you... How about for this week's lotto, you play the jersey numbers of the players that Mary should have dropped to CC after their poor performance, but didn't. I'm sure you could find 6 and a supp in there

BLM01

First Grade
If I get close with my prediction this week, then instead of predicting footy next week i'll drop some random numbers for you... How about for this week's lotto, you play the jersey numbers of the players that Mary should have dropped to CC after their poor performance, but didn't. I'm sure you could find 6 and a supp in there
Aha... Cryptic reply and a message within a message.
So the winning numbers are 3,4,12,14,15,16 and supplementary no 17
Thx.a MILLION :D.

getsmarty

Immortal
widdopg_1nh_5149.jpg

GAME DAY

Five things: Round 23 v Roosters
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 23 Aug 2019, 10:23 AM

St George Illawarra will head home to Kogarah's Netstrata Jubilee Stadium one last time in 2019 for their Round 23 NRL Telstra Premiership clash against the Sydney Roosters. Five things to factor into your Saturday evening are to follow.

Dragon's last hurrah

Although the Dragons have one last home game to come against the Wests Tigers at the Sydney Cricket Ground next weekend, St George Illawarra will bid adieu to their traditional venues for another season.

For others, like skipper Gareth Widdop and prop Jeremy Latimore, it will be the final time they run out at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium in what is sure to be an emotional night for the Red V.

Widdop on brink of history

On Widdop, the Warrington Wolves-bound playmaker is closing in on a unique record never before seen in the NRL.

The Halifax-born Englishman is only 19 points away from becoming the first of his countrymen to score 1000 points in the NRL. With three games up his sleeve, the opportunity certainly isn't out of reach. Widdop is also closing in on 900 points for the Red V (currently on 890).

If not for two almost consecutive shoulder reconstructions, Widdop would likely have this record tied up already as well as St George Illawarra's top pointscorer record (Jamie Soward with 977 points).

Tricolours on the hunt

You can run but you can't hide when it comes to the Sydney Roosters' offence.

Not only does the team rule the roast as the most-prolific point scorers in 2019 (561), several of their own have dominated the predominant of attacking stats.

Latrell Mitchell has scored the most points (239), the most tries (17) and the most goals (85) competition-wide. James Tedesco sits at equal-fifth for tries scored (13), third for metres gained (3642) and first for line breaks (19) and tackle breaks (125).

An underrated member of the Tricolours' back-line remains Daniel Tupou who is sixth competition-wide for metres gained (3442) and fourth for post-contact metres (1108). Like Tedesco, he's also scored 13 tries.

We're doing it for our fans: Dragons fire up for Roosters clash

Third time's the charm

Saturday will spell just the third time St George Illawarra and the Sydney Roosters have played in Kogarah.

It's been six long years since it last occurred in what proved a forgettable game for the Red V. The soon to-be-crowned 2013 premiers ran riot in a 36-0 win.

The first time the two combatants met would come in 2009, a happier time given doubles to Matt Prior and Soward helped secure a 34-12 victory.

Perks of attending

The Dragons may be out of the finals race but there's still plenty of positives to attending this weekend. A huge clash with the defending premiers aside, the Dragons will also celebrate Member's Appreciation Round with a triple-header.

The Jersey Flegg Dragons will kick proceedings off at 3:15pm before the club's Canterbury Cup NSW team look to secure a top two berth at 5:15pm. Both outfits will play the New Zealand Warriors.

Rounding out the Red V's senior teams, the entire Dragons NRL Holden Women's Premiership team will presented to the Kogarah crowd ahead of their second-ever campaign.

Buy tickets to the Dragons' Round 23 clash against the Sydney Roosters here.

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/23/five-things-round-23-v-roosters/

ALSGI

Bench
FMD, 3rd last game of the season proper and we’re playing the defending champions at KJO.
We should be thrilled, KJO should be sold out.

Thanks to the Board, Coaches for a great year you fktards. I could throw some players in there too but it’s the coach that picks them.

Embarrassment of a club.

SAP58

Juniors
Will be interesting to see the crowd this weekend, the Board blamed the weather for the poor crowd against the Titans so what are they going to do if a poor crowd turns up again this weekend ? Maybe just maybe they will stop ignoring us ! I was but am not going now after “The Coach” selected the team on Tuesday, my personal protest for what its worth.

getsmarty

Immortal
host_rc1_3960.jpg

TEAM LISTS

24-hour warning: Round 23 v Roosters
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Fri 23 Aug 2019, 07:30 PM

St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor has trimmed his squad to 19 ahead of the Dragons' Round 23 clash against the Sydney Roosters at Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Kogarah on Saturday, August 24.

Patrick Kaufusi hasn't passed all necessary concussion protocols and has been ruled out. Jacob Host takes his place in the 17.

Josh Kerr is the other player to drop out of Tuesday's initial squad.

NRL squad for Round 23 v Sydney Roosters –

1. Corey Norman – sponsored by Illawarra Mercury/St George & Sutherland Shire Leader
2. Zac Lomax – sponsored by Tosich Group Construction
3. Euan Aitken – sponsored by University of Wollongong
4. Tim Lafai – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
5. Jonus Pearson – sponsored by SMAI
6. Gareth Widdop (c) – sponsored by Dynamic Projects
7. Ben Hunt – sponsored by Paul's Customs and Forwarding Solutions
8. James Graham – sponsored by EFEX
9. Cameron McInnes – sponsored by Floormania
10. Paul Vaughan – sponsored by My Muscle Chef
11. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
12. Luciano Leilua – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
13. Tyson Frizell – sponsored by Val Morgan

Interchange:
14. Jeremy Latimore – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
15. Korbin Sims – sponsored by Stonemasons & Landscapers (since 1970)
16. Blake Lawrie – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
20. Jacob Host – sponsored by Domus Lighting
18. Tristan Sailor
21. Mikaele Ravalawa

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2019/08/23/24-hour-warning-round-23-v-roosters/

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Nobody should be there in red and white just as a protest. I admire the diehard fans who have pre paid but it's the only way to knock some sense into our boards thick skulls.
The less there, the more obvious it is that our supporters are fed up.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

I got 5 straight numbers in Powerball and won a whopping $37 only.

Latest posts