What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Cowboys

Dave's mate

Juniors
The most experience player in our spine is continually the worst player in the team,Nathan can never be accused of not puttin in but the other half lets us down nearly every game..
Nathan is a solid somewhat beige half who puts in more than anyone in the side be miles. Jimmy is a washed up arm grabbing prick here for one last NRL payday

franklin2323

Immortal
It was a bobble diving on a ball. Can happen to anyone. A seasoned half kicked multiple balls out on the full. Not just 1 but 2. Our most experienced player. Who has won everything at the highest level of the game. How that happens blows my mind. I also never said nothing else contributed to the bad game. I was the one who started the push to hold the team responsible and not the refs for our losses.

12 errors. Both halves had 2 each Maloney made more tackles and gained more metres.

As was the case all year the team as a whole was terrible no single player was too blame

OldPanther

Coach
A few points from the game:
  • Our forwards were owned in that game. Yeo 28m (WTF?), Leota 43m, Kikau 69m. Only Tamou and RCG made more than 100m and only just, 109m and 104m respectively;
  • Our young backs did their best with huge metres. Crichton 210m, Too 198m, Naden 163m. Take that away and we barely get off our try line;
  • Line breaks and tackle breaks, were again woeful. What is causing this? Last year we finished fourth and third in these categories;
  • Our fitness is awful. Kikau is blowing like he smokes 40 a day after about 20 minutes. We seem to have no explosive impact and can't break tackles. We make errors all the time, bad decisions under fatigue. Why did we change our fitness staff for the Pie Face team? Complete and utter incompetence by our club and we have suffered all season because of it. Just a thought, maybe we should do some weights so we are strong enough to break a tackle...;
  • I know there is no love for Maloney and there is a view that Cleary is held back by him. The facts don't quite support that. He had 60% of the possession in this game. No repeat sets, no try assists, no line break assists, he did play a role in the backline play for the try. We shouldn't let Maloney's errors hide the fact that Cleary has been awful as the main playmaker for the last two weeks. Not average, truly awful;
  • No Maloney and everything is fixed? The season stats say different. Cleary has 8 try assists, Maloney 18, forced drop outs 17, Maloney 27, 40/20 0, Maloney 2. Cleary has has more receipts than Maloney over 1 less game. We should stop focusing on Maloneys mistakes, they are a smokescreen. The fact is Cleary is a very average halfback and that's being generous. Can he improve? I truly hope so.....;
  • What is Cleary doing with the subs? He subbed JFH, why? Leota 22 mins, a hooker on the bench and then leaves Kenny on for 75 minutes.
All I can say is that other than blooding a few juniors, this season has been a disaster. We look unfit, clueless in attack and poorly coached. Where to next? I wish I knew.

The point is they suck together. Whatever the reason it is an objective fact at this point. Maloney won't be here next year so focus on developing luai

Just realised. We lose next week to Roosters, then likely lose to Knights if they are still in finals race and we're out of it. Bulldogs beat Cowboys next week they finish level with us. If they beat Broncos they finish above us. Would be embarrassing to finish level or below them but it will happen.

franklin2323

Immortal
  • Our forwards were owned in that game. Yeo 28m (WTF?), Leota 43m, Kikau 69m. Only Tamou and RCG made more than 100m and only just, 109m and 104m respectively;
  • Our young backs did their best with huge metres. Crichton 210m, Too 198m, Naden 163m. Take that away and we barely get off our try line;
  • Line breaks and tackle breaks, were again woeful. What is causing this? Last year we finished fourth and third in these categories;
  • Our fitness is awful. Kikau is blowing like he smokes 40 a day after about 20 minutes. We seem to have no explosive impact and can't break tackles. We make errors all the time, bad decisions under fatigue. Why did we change our fitness staff for the Pie Face team? Complete and utter incompetence by our club and we have suffered all season because of it. Just a thought, maybe we should do some weights so we are strong enough to break a tackle...;
  • I know there is no love for Maloney and there is a view that Cleary is held back by him. The facts don't quite support that. He had 60% of the possession in this game. No repeat sets, no try assists, no line break assists, he did play a role in the backline play for the try. We shouldn't let Maloney's errors hide the fact that Cleary has been awful as the main playmaker for the last two weeks. Not average, truly awful;
  • No Maloney and everything is fixed? The season stats say different. Cleary has 8 try assists, Maloney 18, forced drop outs 17, Maloney 27, 40/20 0, Maloney 2. Cleary has has more receipts than Maloney over 1 less game. We should stop focusing on Maloneys mistakes, they are a smokescreen. The fact is Cleary is a very average halfback and that's being generous. Can he improve? I truly hope so.....;
  • What is Cleary doing with the subs? He subbed JFH, why? Leota 22 mins, a hooker on the bench and then leaves Kenny on for 75 minutes.
All I can say is that other than blooding a few juniors, this season has been a disaster. We look unfit, clueless in attack and poorly coached. Where to next? I wish I knew.

At 2-8 all you could hope for was playing kids and clearing cap space. So mission accomplished there

OldPanther

Coach
12 errors. Both halves had 2 each Maloney made more tackles and gained more metres.

As was the case all year the team as a whole was terrible no single player was too blame

Maloney and Cleary don't work as a halves pairing. Just like many before them. This isn't a new phenomenon. You need complimentary halves and they aren't it. Brooks got Dally M halfback without Moses. Moses is a top half without Norman and they are just recent examples. DCE playing with a non controlling half who just does his job

Pomoz

Bench
2 kicks that changed momentum resulting in tries against us. From a representative half who has won multiple premierships and is our highest paid player Vs a prop.

The other stuff I have said about Maloney I can understand people arguing about but this one is a certainty.
I don't agree, you can't blame a kick because we are unable to defend a set of six.What about the 0 try assists, 0 line break assists, 0 forced drop outs from Cleary, what role did they play? Cleary was the main playmaker, he contributed nothing. Yeo made 28m in attack, Leota 43m, Kikau 69m and you reckon two kicks were the difference? Maloney and Cleary had very little room to move because our forwards were owned. Our back row was terrible, again.

Lift your head, look at the big picture, the season stats show that we are unfit, error prone and clueless in attack. Take away Maloneys errors and missed tackles and you lose his assists, forced drop outs and 40/20's. You have been completely blindsided by Cleary's one good game against the Sharks. If he played like that every week, then fair enough, but one good game a year isn't enough.

The Realist

Juniors
Nathan is a solid somewhat beige half who puts in more than anyone in the side be miles. Jimmy is a washed up arm grabbing prick here for one last NRL payday

And Gus was silly enough to trade in our late model Ferrari for a clapped out Lotus on it's last legs.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Dumbest coach in the league, absolutely no idea.

Marky Mark

Juniors
Jimmy's a bit tired & past it. Signing Nathan on 1 million per season was just dumb - He's mediocre, sorry but we all know it's true.

The Realist

Juniors
Well boys at least the cricket is on and Australia have just made a massive comeback. Enjoy it, unlike the Panthers ineptness.