What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Other Games, Teams & Players...

BLM01

First Grade
Whilst Dragons deserve a basting..geez Penrith have got some big named and paid players well out of form.
My opinion
Edwards & Mansour's defence this year is terrible
Whare is too injury prone
Maloney is now a spent force for the back end of this year and running on tired legs
Their hooker depth is an issue and not sure their best in Egan is that good
Tamou (who was named captain and not sure why) & RCG.

hazzbeen

Bench
Whilst Dragons deserve a basting..geez Penrith have got some big named and paid players well out of form.
My opinion
Edwards & Mansour's defence this year is terrible
Whare is too injury prone
Maloney is now a spent force for the back end of this year and running on tired legs
Their hooker depth is an issue and not sure their best in Egan is that good
Tamou (who was named captain and not sure why) & RCG.
Agree but still better than us ....

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
The epitome of a grub............

2f2cd1be78514db19e14b392f8f549a9417bea93

always has been,
always will be a thug.

BLM01

First Grade
BLM01,
Would l be correct in saying, the Storm were the first club to instigate using wrestling coaches?
No incorrect sort of. Manly were doing it under Bozo in the 90's but no where near in the form where Storm has taken it to slowing down the ruck and pinning or immobolising movement targeting pressure points in the body..then Phase 2 the hold em up for 3rd man to come in and knock em down.
Manly were just trying to get people on the ground in a position on their back etc where players could lie on top or just slowing the play the ball as much as allowed.
The refs or rules interpretations have a part to blame of today and Bill Harrigan's leeway refereeing of limited penalties started it all....it became about TV enterianment product first and foremost.
It was Bills idea with the surrender, dominant asking the refs to guess when players deserve more time in the ruck when players started doing voluntary tackles (which should be a penalty) or just getting to the ground quickly to speed up the play the ball. And I am sure he was the big supporter of the 2 ref and full time professional role of a ref today...bloody warming up in front of a crowd..pffttt.
Bill loved the limelight and loved being mates of the players but was strict and took no crap..not like they do today. It has all gone too far to appease coaches and players
Now they dont call held quick enough when momentum is over which I have spoken about many times before and we have now the problems we have around and in the ruck, markers getting back 3 metres, walking off the mark, not getting to feet properly to play the ball and all sorts of stretches of the rules around the play the ball.

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
speaking of other teams how convenient of the Match review to suspend Brown for 2 weeks if he pleads guilty. Back for the semis. Grade 2 charge out of 5...how do they come up with these?
More suspensions to effect rather than based on the action...that is the worst one than all the recent ones and late...player reaction says it all
..thats if... the shoulder charge is really a no no and ejected from the game. I wonder sometimes and dont care if it is bought back in but not the late ones.
Chances are DWZ out for the season

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I want to send a personal thanks to the Cowboys for having a go and winning tonight.

The last thing l wanted was for mcGregor to hide and achieve a better ladder standing than he really deserves.

McGregor is a complete dud.
The sooner the club board realise that they have a real problem, the sooner real fans will stop falling by the wayside.

Gordon take note................ SACK Mcgregor, now!

Last edited:

jeffdragon

Bench
Sourhs are grubs.
Reynolds took a dive for a penalty.when one in the bin.
Ofahengue hardly touched him.
Roberts big grub, lazy.
John Sutton,sooking all game.
Boo hoo. .

Sourhs are grubs.
Roberts big grub, lazy.
Boo hoo. .
I find it interesting that Siebold had occasion to denigrate Souths attack compared to last year and particularly pointed at Demetriou as the attacking coach.
Well tonight Souths scored 4 breathtaking tries of quality that ultimately threw Siebold's comments back into his face.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
I find it interesting that Siebold had occasion to denigrate Souths attack compared to last year and particularly pointed at Demetriou as the attacking coach.
Well tonight Souths scored 3 breathtaking tries of quality that ultimately threw Siebold's comments back into his face.
I remember when JD had control of our first grade for a couple of weeks a few years back when mcgregor was indisposed ,and how good we looked in attack. The bastardisation of this club by the chosen ones is sickening

I remember when JD had control of our first grade for a couple of weeks a few years back when mcgregor was indisposed ,and how good we looked in attack. The bastardisation of this club by the chosen ones is sickening
Funny you should bring that up because it was 2016 rd 23 against Cronulla and we gave them a good old touch up 32-18 with Demetriou in charge for one game only because McGregor was unavailable for Family reasons.
Two things stand out about that game:
(a) The style of football we played was so different to what we were being served up during the season. Really good to watch, organized and decisive.
(b) Cronulla went on to win the comp.
We only won 10 games all season and that was one of them.
Tragic mistake not throwing the keys to JD permanently.

Last edited:

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Funny you should bring that up because it 2016 rd 23 against Cronulla and we gave them a good old touch up 32-18 with Demetriou in charge for one game only because McGregor was unavailable for Family reasons.
(a) The style of football we played was so different to what we were being served up during the season. Really good to watch, organized and decisive.
And the worst thing about it is the cavemen couldn't care less how much better the football our team would be playing now

Pablooo

Juniors
Sourhs are grubs.
Roberts big grub, lazy.
Boo hoo. .

Lol ...his a grub because he bought some time for his team and he is the only player in the NRL to do so. Yeah right!

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Funny you should bring that up because it was 2016 rd 23 against Cronulla and we gave them a good old touch up 32-18 with Demetriou in charge for one game only because McGregor was unavailable for Family reasons.
And I bet management gave mcgregor the credit for that performance.......they must have, JD was shown the door a few weeks later

BLM01

First Grade
Sourhs are grubs.
Roberts big grub, lazy.
Boo hoo. .
Blame the game, officials or NRL and the refs for appeasing to that..... their scared to not stop the game after the Cowboys fiasco and potential litigation
Refs have lost control as Gus says..look at the dabacle of the last 30 secs. Sutton should of been penalised for not playing the ball when told'
If they would use a bit of commonsense it would stop a lot of it.
It was...a huge momentum killer and well done to him and them for getting away with it.