What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 V Cowboys

OldPanther

Coach
I don't agree, you can't blame a kick because we are unable to defend a set of six.What about the 0 try assists, 0 line break assists, 0 forced drop outs from Cleary, what role did they play? Cleary was the main playmaker, he contributed nothing. Yeo made 28m in attack, Leota 43m, Kikau 69m and you reckon two kicks were the difference? Maloney and Cleary had very little room to move because our forwards were owned. Our back row was terrible, again.

Lift your head, look at the big picture, the season stats show that we are unfit, error prone and clueless in attack. Take away Maloneys errors and missed tackles and you lose his assists, forced drop outs and 40/20's. You have been completely blindsided by Cleary's one good game against the Sharks. If he played like that every week, then fair enough, but one good game a year isn't enough.

You and the people who liked your comment are clueless and have missed my point completely. Congrats on not actually unders tranding football.

The comment you replied to is correct in way it says. I've explained the concept of halves clashing and having the same issues at multiple clubs many times. Other clubs and halves have had the problem since the beggining of time.

kinghippo

Juniors
Just realised. We lose next week to Roosters, then likely lose to Knights if they are still in finals race and we're out of it. Bulldogs beat Cowboys next week they finish level with us. If they beat Broncos they finish above us. Would be embarrassing to finish level or below them but it will happen.
I would much rather be a bulldogs fan than a Panther fan at the moment.
Their coach has them getting better each week and playing hard for each other.
Our coach has us getting worse each week and looking like we are a bunch of strangers playing a park footy match.
We are easily the most embarrassing club in the comp and not just because of our inept performances on the field.
All the players we have let go are playing great footy elsewhere, we are specials for bottom 4 next year, have no money and are starting a rebuild again.
Throw in all the fuss getting Cleary from the tigers and ditching Gould, sex scandals and the fact our coach has said himself he has “no idea”.
Penrith Panthers is the definition of embarrassing.

Last edited:

Bodhi

Juniors
From the outset, we looked so rushed and tried to score off every set with the ball in hand which obviously contributed to play the ball errors and 7 tackle sets. Just no concept of working through the sets and building pressure.
Earlier, I was firmly in the ‘Cleary/Maloney as our first choice halves’ camp but not so sure after the last couple of games. I know Maloney’s stats are way better than Cleary’s but I feel next year, he will have the confidence to call the shots and ‘own’ this team without Jimmy around.
It’s just so frustrating and disappointing that we won’t even be making the 8 after the upbeat mood before the start of the season.
Really hope we can sign a proven, quality prop and a centre for 2020 and beyond.

age.s

First Grade
Tbf Mansour lack of finishing was hardly missed either.

Crichton should have done better 1 on 1 with Feldt.

Panfa

Juniors
Chrichton is young and still growing its a good experience for him cant put the boot into him.The whole team were flat last night we were dead after 10 mins the big turning point was the kenny no try at 12-4

TheFrog

Coach
Don’t really know what has been said before this but can I say we were awful. Absolutely awful.
Agree we were awful, and missed loads of tackles. And conceding a try from a 20 metre tap restart is unforgiveable. But we bombed 2 tries and had another two disallowed, both of them to some degree questionable. This game was winnable, even playing awful.

Marky Mark

Juniors
I would much rather be a bulldogs fan than a Panther fan at the moment.
Their coach has them getting better each week and playing hard for each other.
Our coach has us getting worse each week and looking like we are a bunch of strangers playing a park footy match.
We are easily the most embarrassing club in the comp and not just because of our inept performances on the field.
All the players we have let go are playing great footy elsewhere, we are specials for bottom 4 next year, have no money and are starting a rebuild again.
Throw in all the fuss getting Cleary from the tigers and ditching Gould, sex scandals and the fact our coach has said himself he has “no idea”.
Penrith Panthers is the definition of embarrassing.
Embarrassing & dumb! I mean, what idiots would let CHN go?

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't agree, you can't blame a kick because we are unable to defend a set of six.What about the 0 try assists, 0 line break assists, 0 forced drop outs from Cleary, what role did they play? Cleary was the main playmaker, he contributed nothing. Yeo made 28m in attack, Leota 43m, Kikau 69m and you reckon two kicks were the difference? Maloney and Cleary had very little room to move because our forwards were owned. Our back row was terrible, again.

Lift your head, look at the big picture, the season stats show that we are unfit, error prone and clueless in attack. Take away Maloneys errors and missed tackles and you lose his assists, forced drop outs and 40/20's. You have been completely blindsided by Cleary's one good game against the Sharks. If he played like that every week, then fair enough, but one good game a year isn't enough.

Forgetting too that a rookie half will make mistakes too. Great post

OldPanther

Coach
Forgetting too that a rookie half will make mistakes too. Great post

Yeah they will because they are a rookie. Maloney is the most experienced player, highest paid in the team who has won grand finals, state of origin and test matches. Yet we have to resort to comparing him on the level of a half who hasn't played 100 games yet or a rookie so he doesn't seem so bad. He should be out in front showing how it's done. Not letting a bunch of rookies take the fall because he's mind is elsewhere.

TL51

Juniors
JFH has been all heart, all season. Never doubted his effort. In a team that was flat all over the park last night, he is the least of our worries.

Crichton will take time to develop. He wasn’t the reason we lost either.

I think Mansour still offers something to this side. Enthusiasm and experience gives confidence to the youth around him.

Nathan has been quieter than usual the past fortnight. He may be playing injured. He will be better next year without Jimmy. His respectful nature wouldn’t feel comfortable overcalling Jimmy. Their halves combination hasn’t combined well. That happens to all teams occasionally. Moylan wanted out and Gus did the right thing signing Jimmy. He has been a winner throughout his career. Just unfortunately not with us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah they will because they are a rookie. Maloney is the most experienced player, highest paid in the team who has won grand finals, state of origin and test matches. Yet we have to resort to comparing him on the level of a half who hasn't played 100 games yet or a rookie so he doesn't seem so bad. He should be out in front showing how it's done. Not letting a bunch of rookies take the fall because he's mind is elsewhere.

The inexeperience doesn't work with Cleary. He was the 1st half picked the last 2 Origin series. Played 3 final series. Can't use inexperience as an excuse.

Maloney has double Try Assists then Cleary. Double forced dropouts.

So stats show Maloney is the better of the 2. He also is gone in 2 games. While the one locked in long term but outplayed by an old washed player stays...

10Grand

Juniors
1.What's happening with Kikau,he is fast becoming a 20 min bench player
2.Nathan n Maloney together don't work.
3.Naden was tagged a "footballer" but he is reminding me of Adrian Purtell more..
4.we went of a bit early in Kenny,he doesn't make any other nrl team
5.JFH should not play more then 60min
6.Rcg should b playing for windsor wolves
We need to buy 2 tough frontrowers
Smart dummy half
Running 2nd rowers
Atleast 1 centre who makes things happen.
In the meantime lets just bitch about everyone

Marky Mark

Juniors
1.What's happening with Kikau,he is fast becoming a 20 min bench player
2.Nathan n Maloney together don't work.
3.Naden was tagged a "footballer" but he is reminding me of Adrian Purtell more..
4.we went of a bit early in Kenny,he doesn't make any other nrl team
5.JFH should not play more then 60min
6.Rcg should b playing for windsor wolves
We need to buy 2 tough frontrowers
Smart dummy half
Running 2nd rowers
Atleast 1 centre who makes things happen.
In the meantime lets just bitch about everyone
So we need a new team really. I'm done, can't watch the remaining 2 games.
Ivan has ruined what was potentially a Premiership team.