What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R23 Fri - Cowboys 24-10 Panthers @ 1300SMILES

Round 23: Cowboys v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT - Cowboys 24 Panthers 10:

Cowboys all but ruin Panthers finals run
Andrew Ferguson | August 23 2019 8:10PM

North Queensland Cowboys v Penrith Panthers

The Panthers finals hopes took a huge blow on Friday night when they were outclassed by the gutsy Cowboys.

With news during the week of Matt Scott's ill health, the Cowboys looked determined to put in a big performance for their long time skipper. In the ninth minute, they opened the scoring when they spread the ball right from a scrum to Tom Opacic, who got a stunning offload away to Kyle Feldt, who spun out of a tackle to stroll across the line to score a good try. Jordan Kahu converted from out wide.

Read the full report - https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33971-cowboys-v-panthers-report/

mongoose

Coach
Panthers are a bit like the Knights to me. They have a few high quality players but most of their squad just isn't that good. Like the Knights, they got no settled hooker. And other than To'o I don't rate the Panthers outside backs, I still can't believe they let Blake and DWZ go. Naden and Mansour are shit and Whare is solid but hardly threatening. Shut down Kikau and the attack on the edges is terrible.

Ironic that the Knights and Panthers play each other in the final round. Battle for 2019's most overhyped team.

TheFrog

Coach
I still can't believe they let Blake and DWZ go.
DWZ wanted to be fullback after filling the position well last year, he got a shot when Edwards was dropped but did a couple of silly things, like getting binned sticking up for his brother and giving away really stupid penalties that put the team under pressure. So Edwards was brought back and grabbed his chance. So Dallin, at wing and centre decided to play like shit. You can't have players telling you where they will play, especially when they aren't playing well there.

I don't know what happened with Blake. He was a good centre for us for a number of seasons but his form this year was very ordinary before he got injured. He wasn't alone there though.

Fangs

Coach
Sigh. My team is shithouse again.

Back to being a mediocre fan supporting a mediocre team. Now I remember how Eels and Tigers fans feel and it's truly awful.

This Year?

Immortal
Congrats Cows, at least you can have a dig for your home fans and show some character. I don't know what to say about the Panthers, to me it feels like their stupidity in the last 2 weeks has undone all the great work they did during their run to claw themselves back into finals contention.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't know what to say about the Panthers, to me it feels like their stupidity in the last 2 weeks has undone all the great work they did during their run to claw themselves back into finals contention.
It doesn't matter does it. Unless the side can somehow beat the Roosters, we won't make the finals. Being the Panthers, it might yet happen, but I can't imagine how.