What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs: Friday 23rd August 7:35pm @Suncorp Stadium

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah it was frightening to see a leg tackle after all these years.

I thought I had dozed off and was in a dream of rugby league past.

The dream continued on to the end with a brawl after the final whistle.

I could feel the old footy loins stirring, and I wanted to dive into the tv and smack Lodge around the chops ( before he killed me with his little toe).

Then I finally woke up and Souths had won!

Double bonus for my Tigers!

I would love to see Wests get in the finals this year, especially with Benji and Farah. Always admired them as players, as well as having Madge in charge. I find Wests very easy to get behind as a club.

I would love to see Wests get in the finals this year, especially with Benji and Farah. Always admired them as players, as well as having Madge in charge. I find Wests very easy to get behind as a club.

Yeah, a bit reminscent of Souths in the late 00s

I don’t think Roberts shot was a bad as made out. Seems to me the player was already damaged and he swung his arm around and there was a bit of theatre.

It was a bad look, but I think in the substance the bark was louder than the bite.

Suas was worse but so was lodges dog thwack at the end. That should be on report too tbh.

Young men at high intensity. No one really hurt.

And if the game had ended before lodges frustrated assault, he should be facing criminal law charges for assault with grevious bodily harm.

I would prefer the bin and big fines to kids charity for incidents that don’t result in any serious or permanent damage. You dish out a $20,000 fine you’ll soon see players behaving.

That would keep the players wary.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Great win. Down a lot of cattle and still got the choccies.
Good experience for more green players in our squad like Amone etc
Noticed @handyman2190 isnt in this thread supporting the win which is a shame.

handyman2190

Bench
Great win. Down a lot of cattle and still got the choccies.
Good experience for more green players in our squad like Amone etc
Noticed @handyman2190 isnt in this thread supporting the win which is a shame.
Wrong!! Im flabbergasted and over the moon!! Soso happy, glad i was wrong,i thought we would loose by at least 20, great game by our fellas,im so proud, sstid!!

Travitoh

First Grade
Just saw a few highlights and Cook came up with a clutch legs tackle late too. Both he and Sironen would've just bounced off if they went high.

The Cook>Reynolds>Walker passage of play for the try was a thing of beauty.

Roberts very fortunate to only get 2-3 imo. It's not something that can be deemed accidental or even reckless imo, it's a deliberate act.

On the road again next week but NZ are clocking off for the year. Put early points on them and they'll fold.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yeah it was frightening to see a leg tackle after all these years.

I thought I had dozed off and was in a dream of rugby league past.

The dream continued on to the end with a brawl after the final whistle.

I could feel the old footy loins stirring, and I wanted to dive into the tv and smack Lodge around the chops ( before he killed me with his little toe).

Then I finally woke up and Souths had won!

Double bonus for my Tigers!

Huge result for Wests tonight! They've jumped to the top of the queue for a spot in the 8 with that. Cronulla in round 25 could be massive.

How about Wayne's dance around the change room post match. It's f(((ing hilarious and shows just how much the players must love him as a coach.

It was good win. Un/expected...I don't know. But a nail biter with something in it for everybody. Nice to see Seibold lose to us again ha ha ha .

Rabbit Stew

Juniors
It was a great win and a great game to watch, but at the end of the day it was just a two-point win over a team that's struggling to make the eight.
Hopefully, though, it will be a case of "from little things, big things grow". And the team spirit shown in the change rooms after the game is something you just can't buy.
PS: I loved the fracas at the end - good to see players taking the angry pills

Latest posts