What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Wests Tigers @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Wests Tigers 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wests Tigers 1-12

• Draw after Golden Point

• Newcastle Knights 13+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

newyboy

Juniors
I knew Ponga had checked out for the season when he did his stand up routine about milkshakes when Browny quit.

He genuinely doesn’t give a shit about the club.
We need to trade him for a couple of players while his value is still high.

I don't care how good a player the world says you are, attitude and commiment stands head and shoulders over shit head who has talent.

Old dog

Juniors
You are sounding like Brown has been lately not accepting responsibility for the part the players play in the game.
Some things do go against as but we lack the fortitude to get past it.
We drop a ball and we fall apart, we miss a try and we fall apart, they score and we fall apart...
The team has no real knowledge of what a winning culture is and no real desire to create one. Good teams...
Was that like..... a team of misfits coached by a person unable to go beyond “that’s the best side I have minus a hooker” I’ve quit but they shouldn’t, I expect more than they can give. It was doomed early in year but came to a head when things started to unfold during season, poor selection or use of bench, Ramien going, poor selection of better qualified players, Coach leaving with many rumours behind the scenes, players signed because of Brown but now left without him.
All just minor matters culminating in serious problems.
The side looked good on paper compared to many spoon sides, hopes raised but now dashed, it is an ok side that lacks a bit across the park.
Note:- three players that have fought through from previous bad years, Sione, Levi and Barnett, striving to make a semi, all too much, pressure told, mistakes happened, I feel for them.

Knight Vision

First Grade
Didnt bother to watch the game when I saw a pre-match interview with Pearce - complete with croaky voice and the baggy eyes of a boy that's been on it. I knew we would be flogged before the ball was kicked.

Was never a Pearce fan and nothing has changed.

Pathetic effort from a team that had to play for
  • the season and a finals appearance
  • fans
  • coach
  • young debutant ( Best )
Bring in that Pommy mongrel Coach and feed these guys to the wolf. Tired of a team that lacks balls and mongrel. No pride No passion.

Was that like..... a team of misfits coached by a person unable to go beyond “that’s the best side I have minus a hooker” I’ve quit but they shouldn’t, I expect more than they can give. It was doomed early in year but came to a head when things started to unfold during season, poor selection or use of bench, Ramien going, poor selection of better qualified players, Coach leaving with many rumours behind the scenes, players signed because of Brown but now left without him.
All just minor matters culminating in serious problems.
The side looked good on paper compared to many spoon sides, hopes raised but now dashed, it is an ok side that lacks a bit across the park.
Note:- three players that have fought through from previous bad years, Sione, Levi and Barnett, striving to make a semi, all too much, pressure told, mistakes happened, I feel for them.
You still don't understand what it takes to win a game and to be a consistent winning team.
It's like you think the game is its own beast and that the players have no control.
Start by looking at how a good team handles what is thrown at them both on and off the field.
It starts with composure.

Spot On

Coach
Didnt bother to watch the game when I saw a pre-match interview with Pearce - complete with croaky voice and the baggy eyes of a boy that's been on it. I knew we would be flogged before the ball was kicked.

Was never a Pearce fan and nothing has changed.

Pathetic effort from a team that had to play for
  • the season and a finals appearance
  • fans
  • coach
  • young debutant ( Best )
Bring in that Pommy mongrel Coach and feed these guys to the wolf. Tired of a team that lacks balls and mongrel. No pride No passion.

Dude, you are the backflip king.

Spot On

Coach
Sione was great last week. Has been diabolical already this week.

That just might be because he ain't a centre's arsecrack??

We did have a centre that killed it at Cronulla and will kill it again somewhere else but of course was such a huge problem at Newcastle he was kicked out.

Woosh

Head Moderator
I guess the rumours about Brown being a poor man manager were right with the rubbish they dished up today with everything to play for.
Bennett has had the last laugh.
He may not be the greatest tactician but he is always had been a great man manager.

I guess the rumours about Brown being a poor man manager were right with the rubbish they dished up today with everything to play for.
Bennett has had the last laugh.
He may not be the greatest tactician but he is always had been a great man manager.

Yeah, his record with us speaks volumes on how good he was.

Yosh

Coach
Didn't expect us to win but damn...

Sione with a shocker but could have been amazing if a couple of his moves worked out.

How good is Best? Excited to see him play more and more. Wish everyone else tried 80% as much as Best... Probably would have won then...

NRL on Nine (@NRLonNine) tweeted at 9:49 pm on Sat, Aug. 24, 2019:
'It's been sabotaged.'

Joey tees off at the Knights. :fire::fire:

#9WWOS #NRL #NRLDragonsRoosters https://t.co/hWhlWRlRYD

Name Troy Prezet (elite pathways recruitment manager) is floated around. Joey does say "it gives people with a weak mind an excuse not to turn up ..."
Brown mentioned in the presser he expected either a poor performance or a good one. Does seem something is going on in the background.

Last edited:

Latest posts