What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack mcgregor

SaintPauli

Juniors
Whilst the Knights have been poor isn’t it great to watch a well coached attacking football side. Benji is a great example, the way he played under McFools game plans and the way he is playing now.
You simply can't good experienced coaches mixing with good experienced players. Eg Mag and Bunji

Banjo2014

Juniors
I do not get it.

Hooper on Fox just reported that Head Young and Hornby have been told to look elsewhere and that Macgregor has the confidence of the powers that be.

Thank God I am overseas and not back at Brighton le Sands otherwise I would be at the Leagues Club having a little chat ....

Worrying signs though is that my son who wears his Dragons jersey religiously tipped the "chickens" today.

Really he has to stand up and support his assistants and say that if they go then I go - as they say here and in the NFL - C'mon Man

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
That press conference was bad
Really bad

He has lost it
He had tears in his eyes, I gotta give it to him the bloke must have some extreme mental toughness because the pressure on him is enormous, its getting to the point that his job is untenable. He would be getting hate mail, death threats, I doubt he could even walk to the shops. How he has not fallen on his sword is beyond me.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I don't watch his press conferences as I have to watch my blood pressure but did that turd really say this?
I don't reckon it was that bad to be honest, he obviously did say that we won the second half, but he did make it very clear that this was clearly down to scoreboard reasons and the Roosters had clocked off. He made it very clear that it wasn't first grade standard and just look genuinely broken to me.

Qapm

Juniors
He made it very clear that it wasn't first grade standard and just look genuinely broken to me.

Thanks Forbes.

I never have said I'm a League expert (though I can recognize a failed organization) and only realized late where the Dragon's problems were. I mention this because I've been broken since mid-way this season so I'm glad McGregor is coming around to the same place as many hard core Dragons fans.

Paul McGregor there is still time to salvage your dignity. Negotiate a severance package, you'll probably have to give back some of what you are owed but can still walk away with some dollars. You're probably holding on because you have bills to pay but you can leverage all that good will that has kept you in your coaching position over years of failure. Go into exile to England or Europe and coach a minor team. Get your head right then head back to Aus.

Think long term Paul. You will build more good will if you resign now. You'll have to accept a drop in income for a few years but you still have much to leverage. Think of it as a bank account. You've been withdrawing a lot over your expenses for a couple of years now but still have a tidy amount. I reckon if you attempt one last go in 2020 you'll drain all remaining good will and any self respect.

Resign now Paul and your contributions will still outweigh the negatives. Even your most ardent critics will give you credit.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Thanks Forbes.

I never have said I'm a League expert (though I can recognize a failed organization) and only realized late where the Dragon's problems were. I mention this because I've been broken since mid-way this season so I'm glad McGregor is coming around to the same place as many hard core Dragons fans.

Paul McGregor there is still time to salvage your dignity. Negotiate a severance package, you'll probably have to give back some of what you are owed but can still walk away with some dollars. You're probably holding on because you have bills to pay but you can leverage all that good will that has kept you in your coaching position over years of failure. Go into exile to England or Europe and coach a minor team. Get your head right then head back to Aus.

Think long term Paul. You will build more good will if you resign now. You'll have to accept a drop in income for a few years but you still have much to leverage. Think of it as a bank account. You've been withdrawing a lot over your expenses for a couple of years now but still have a tidy amount. I reckon if you attempt one last go in 2020 you'll drain all remaining good will and any self respect.

Resign now Paul and your contributions will still outweigh the negatives. Even your most ardent critics will give you credit.
I hope you don't think I'm Paul McGregor:)