What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 23 vs Knights @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 23: Wests Tigers v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WA Tiger

Bench
How did Reynolds play??? ...I’m not a good judge at hooker but his passes looked accurate and long at times ...I think he kicked a couple of times He’s always looking around for opportunities...

Last edited:

The unknown

Juniors
How did Reynolds play??? ...I’m not a good judge at hooker but his passes looked accurate and long at times ...I think he kicked a couple of times He’s always looking around for opportunities...

I wouldn't say he was outstanding, did his job though. A lot better than having ET at dummy half for starters

Das Hassler

Bench
He chased hard and ran hard whenever there was a quick play the ball, but he didn't look like he had the fitness to play 80 at hooker.

Yep...he looked a bit stiff our there but he'll shake that off if he gets another shot next week...cant play 80 at 9 though.. that's for sure....his..benji's and Brooks'ies kicking games were brilliant....if they get it right again repeat sets will wear those big dragons out pretty quickly on a warm SCG

The unheralded obliteration of a side who had everything to play for poses a lot of interesting questions for Madge this week and how he should structure the side.

Grub had a very professional and pleasing game back in the first grade side which is a real credit to him given that he remains up for sale. He fitted in very well.

It was our second string side but it will be mighty hard to seperate them now after such an accomplished performance.

Nofos try from his kick was electric and required pinpoint analysis and perfect execution.

It was almost impossible to defend against some of our attack last night, that much was clear.

It’s always nice to see mck get over.

We’ve found a kicker too.

Madge got the mix of players, game plan and tactics absolutely perfect. He’s made a few blunders this year, but this is what happens when he’s on-song.

Coaching is an art.

WA Tiger

Bench
There was a point there where someone giving Marshall credit for a Nofoaluma try on the last tackle,
Maybe but I was referring to Benjis pass to Cheekham to score just before Benji went off...he saw who he had to get around before he passed to create the extra man and did it ...That try u mentioned tho was sweet.

Pezz70

Juniors
Maybe but I was referring to Benjis pass to Cheekham to score just before Benji went off...he saw who he had to get around before he passed to create the extra man and did it ...That try u mentioned tho was sweet.
Aaah righto, my mistake, Benji was great last night, has hardly had a poor game all season even when we’ve been well beaten. Odd mistake here and there but that’s the price of genius.

Another thing I’ve noticed recently too is Brooks, who is predominantly left side in attack having a crack on the right a bit more. He must’ve been practicing his left to right passing cause he threw a couple of neat balls to the right last night. I’ve been disappointed in the Tigers this year, in so much as they don’t have a flash side but have put together pieces of really really good footy and other times diabolical plays. Some weeks the defence turns up, sometimes it doesn’t, other times it’s great for 60 minutes of the game and we get smashed for 20, but some of the signs have been really positive. I know some don’t hold Brooks as highly as I do, but him starting to attack left and right is going to be massive for this team.

Last edited:
At times we looked like a big time side last night, tbh I was pinching myself.

Where’s this been? Oh stuff that, I will take the win.

Not easy being a wt supporter. Nothing falls from the sky into our laps.

Everything is hard work and bloody expensive.

Makes winning better.

simmo05

Bench
. There were No kicks under pressure yesterday..he’s not proven just yet ...The question is can Madge overcome the should have could haves ...If he can he learns from them and we forget them...if not then we can dwell on them ...We still need Mbyes kicking for the last minute pressure kick to win against the sharks
From memory against the panthers, we had a fat jennings on the wing, momo could have slotted in there, and had mbye, benji, reynolds can probably kick them, but still persisted with masters, missing them from in front. Win that game we are in the 8

From memory against the panthers, we had a fat jennings on the wing, momo could have slotted in there, and had mbye, benji, reynolds can probably kick them, but still persisted with masters, missing them from in front. Win that game we are in the 8
Simmo, I’d add the Canterbury game as well, could have, should have, would have but...

We are sitting on -22 for and against. If our early season kicker had converted say 9 and then Mybe say a couple and Momo 1. We would be sitting on 26 points and have + 2 for/against.

simmo05

Bench
Simmo, I’d add the Canterbury game as well, could have, should have, would have but...

We are sitting on -22 for and against. If our early season kicker had converted say 9 and then Mybe say a couple and Momo 1. We would be sitting on 26 points and have + 2 for/against.
Point was that we played a slug on the wing, and persisted with a clearly out of confidence kicker, when we had an able replacement for both in reggies

WA Tiger

Bench
All that you’ve just described kills me ...well it did back then then u just got to realise he’s just not getting it ...but how can that be from a winning coach...then I go off onto another tangent ...It’s all a bit depressing ...so I try not to think about it ...but yes u are right

Tiger05

First Grade
All that you’ve just described kills me ...well it did back then then u just got to realise he’s just not getting it ...but how can that be from a winning coach...then I go off onto another tangent ...It’s all a bit depressing ...so I try not to think about it ...but yes u are right

The thing is you learn over the course of the season as well. I reckon Madge has been great. I still think we are close to being a good team. I think we are a couple of good signings or development players coming on from being a good team.

gordsy

Juniors
mAYB
Yep...he looked a bit stiff our there but he'll shake that off if he gets another shot next week...cant play 80 at 9 though.. that's for sure....his..benji's and Brooks'ies kicking games were brilliant....if they get it right again repeat sets will wear those big dragons out pretty quickly on a warm SCG
Hopefully a good offseason will help with the fitness as well as more match time.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Knights were absolute garbage, I reckon any team in the comp bar Titans or Warriors would have won that game.

The key difference is that there was an opportunity to make a massive positive impact on our F/A and we seized it. Tigers of old would have put on a great match and won by 8 points. We would have all patted ourselves on the back and then gotten flogged the next week.

The boys can't let this game get to their heads and I reckon Madge isn't going to let them. Tigers need to treat Dragons game like its a finals footy game and secure the 2 points.