What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ASHES: 3rd Test Australia v England, Leeds Aug 22-26

Jason Maher

Immortal
If you can't defend this score you do not deserve to be a test match bowler. Simple as that.

It would literally be a record chase and you wanna blame the bats lmao

Given the huge amount of time left in the game, this wasn't a particularly challenging target if England batted well. We should have made way more runs in our second dig and batted them out of it. We didn't. That is on our ever fragile batting line up.

Bazal

Post Whore
Given the huge amount of time left in the game, this wasn't a particularly challenging target if England batted well. We should have made way more runs in our second dig and batted them out of it. We didn't. That is on our ever fragile batting line up.

I'll say it again

It would literally be Englands biggest run chase ever!

U.N has got dis..

140 runs is nothing.

Oz cricket is so shite these days, that's why i hardly watch anymore as well as the riddicious smith/ Warner bans..

undertaker

Coach
I think Pattinson/Hazlewood/Cummins need to try the occasional slower ball in the 70-75mph range, such as the one Cummins did to wrap up the 1st test at Edgbaston. Get the batsmen to play the ball a fraction of a second early and a chance for a catch could be on.

The batsmen have got accustomed to their 85-90mph pace. If you can't swing or seam the ball, bowl proper bouncers or get reverse swing, variation of pace is a necessity

blaza88z

Coach
I don't think the history accounts for this sort of game where England began their chase on day 3 with the pitch still drying out after a stop/start rainy day 1

There's not much going on here off the pitch that England should be worried about, i'd love to be in their position with Buttler and Woakes to come

Latest posts