What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Breaking News - Nathan Brown to depart Knights at seasons end

aqua_duck

Coach
Why would Pezet have an agent, particularly when he manages the list.

Moses manages a few of our players. More likely they have a working relationship.

Having said that I have a suspicion that he shoe-horned Mann in as a payback for getting Klemmer here. It was just the most bizarre recruitment decision in isolation.
Every Tom dick and Harry has an agent these days

Alex28

Coach
Why would Pezet have an agent, particularly when he manages the list.

Moses manages a few of our players. More likely they have a working relationship.

Having said that I have a suspicion that he shoe-horned Mann in as a payback for getting Klemmer here. It was just the most bizarre recruitment decision in isolation.
Pezet used to work for Moses.

So now we have one of Moses’ mates as recruitment manager, and one of his clients as coach. We learnt nothing from the Broncos...

"
In a further twist, Roosters boss Nick Politis has vowed to never again deal with Moses, given that O'Brien was approached by the Knights in the first season of his three-year Sydney contract.

And there is yet another layer of intrigue: Pezet is a former player manager who worked with Moses' powerful agency. Yet Nine rugby league reporter Danny Weidler, in his Sun Herald column, said that "Pezet and Moses have had issues".

Weidler contacted Pezet, who denied being an influential figure at Newcastle. The Roosters reportedly believe that in targeting O'Brien, he was acting with the backing of Knights chief executive Philip Gardner.

"I spoke at length with him (Pezet) and he said he had no significant influence at the club. He asked not to be quoted, but said the decision makers at Newcastle were well above him," Weidler wrote in the Herald."
https://amp.nine.com.au/article/3bd5dcc2-eb15-4299-a8fe-1dda15af63d2

Yosh

Coach
Are we becoming one of those sneaky (insert swear word) of a club that only thinks about winning and will use any underhanded method to get wins and bring trophies to the club?

Dispicable.... But loving it.

aqua_duck

Coach
Are we becoming one of those sneaky (insert swear word) of a club that only thinks about winning and will use any underhanded method to get wins and bring trophies to the club?

Dispicable.... But loving it.
If this has all been orchestrated from above I can live with it

The two things that concern me are that Moses may have undue influence in the Club and the transparency with Gardner.
I kept hearing Gardner talk about integrity and a new coach passing the 'integrity test' and how critical the fans are to the club and how they influence decisions.
I reckon it needs to be put out there so we can see who has passed our integrity test.

slotmachine

First Grade
Gardner answers to a board as well.

I'm sure their primary focus is the health of the commercial operations but if he really gets the knights stuff (which is highly visible) wrong he'll be under pressure too.

aqua_duck

Coach
Gardner answers to a board as well.

I'm sure their primary focus is the health of the commercial operations but if he really gets the knights stuff (which is highly visible) wrong he'll be under pressure too.
Yep exactly. I'm sure there'd be a fair few knights fans amongst the Wests voting members and if Gardner f**ks up the board will feel the heat next elections

Spot On

Coach
Mick needs to unload on Canberra for developing a new blight in the ruck that is now increasing every week - a f**king 'stripping' frenzy.

Let's watch as Canberra players try to rip/steal the ball each tackle and when unsuccessful have their arms and hands stuck in and around and behind the ball so the ball carrier can't play the pill if he's actually managed to hold onto it as said hands and arms are being pulled away (eventually) to let the play the ball happen.

Great stuff to watch.

What a freakin mess.

Oh, that's right ... he's on the payroll there.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Better blood on the floor now than early next season. Gold Coast went this path too.

It is never easy, peeps get upset.

The Warriors, Saints and maybe Cowboys refuse to cut thier losses so watch it happen there in 2020 as you make a push to the finals.

Business of doing business.

Elephant Hunter

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...y/news-story/510b7f0213b87f0a92b222ec7ec6b81a

Newcastle coach Nathan Brown threatens to quit Knights immediately
Nathan Brown may have coached his final game at Newcastle after a falling out with senior players in the wake of the Knights’ disastrous 46-4 loss to the Wests Tigers.

Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-large, The Daily Telegraph

Under-siege Nathan Brown has offered to immediately stand down as coach of the Newcastle Knights.

He told skipper Mitchell Pearce and senior players after the 46-4 loss to the Wests Tigers at Campbelltown last Saturday night that he was prepared to leave straight away if it was best for the team — then asked for their thoughts and a response over the weekend.

By Monday morning Brown had received no feedback from the playing group.

He took that as a vote of no-confidence.

Brown has since called a meeting with chief executive Phil Gardner and offered to step down immediately rather than coach for the final two games.

The Knights play the Gold Coast Titans and Penrith Panthers in the last two rounds.

It is understood his relationship with the players has reached total breaking point.

The lack of effort in the 46-4 loss to the Tigers on Saturday at Campbelltown was the final straw.
The Knights have gone into crisis management over the issue.

Superstar fullback Kalyn Ponga has been muzzled and told he is off limits to media this week.

Pearce is also refusing to comment on the Tigers’ debacle or Brown’s future.

perverse

Referee
Threatened is a bit of a weird headline... but it sounds like the players totally gave up on him at some point over the past couple of months.

Burwood

Bench
Gardner rejected his offer, so Brown will stick around for the final two weeks.

If I was Brown, I’d drop the senior players not putting in and pick guys like King, Buhrer and a couple of rookies. Some of these players don’t deserve to run out on old boys day.

The next two rounds are also a very good indicator for the incoming coach to see which players actually give a shit about the club and have a bit of pride in the jersey and themselves.