What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd23: Parra v Bulldogs LIVE GAME DAY thread 22/8/19

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Let's turn this into a more interesting discussion.

It seems like this person has form. They create alts and go around trying (unsuccessfully) to get others upset by repeatedly attempting to assault them with the forum equivalent of a wet lettuce.

At no stage do they appear aware that they are coming across as rather unsophisticated and childish yet they continue.

There are a number of highly intelligent people on this forum, including as I understand it a couple of behavioural psychologists (@Gronk and @strider). Perhaps they could offer their opinion on what drives such irrational behaviour from somebody?

hindy111

Post Whore
Trolling people who arent particularly enamoured with their own team is rather pointless ... I dont this anyone here actually thinks we are gonna win any title this year ... Half the eels posters are still just patiently waiting for an implosion so they can rip and tear ourselves a new arsehole ... Trolling isnt actually required lol

Personally i have always just thought trolls are simply insecure, small peniled kids with no friends and nothing better to do .... Still to be proven wrong

We are not without a hope. Get to finals and play 3 good games. The first week you may only have to play ok to win. If Cronk and Munster where injured then its a new ball game.
Depends what BA does also in finals. Does he use the same game plan? If so we wont be flogged but bow out in an orderly fashion.
Or does he use some shock tactics and play some high risk footy that if the passes stick we could upset teams? We have the players who can do that. It is what id do personaly. Lane,Manu,Jnr,Evans,Taka,Gower id say offload whenever get a chance. Just push the pass. If it doesn't come off so be it.
Play a normal safety first game against Storm or Roosters and forget it. They are better and will win.

Does BA have the brains and ability to see this and throw a suprise into the finals?
I sure bet Des has a few tricks he is getting ready to use on the heavy weights.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
So even if we beat the Dogs, we’d still be in the same ladder position as we are now...we’d be guaranteed a home semi though.

emjaycee

Coach
We are not without a hope. Get to finals and play 3 good games. The first week you may only have to play ok to win. If Cronk and Munster where injured then its a new ball game.
Depends what BA does also in finals. Does he use the same game plan? If so we wont be flogged but bow out in an orderly fashion.
Or does he use some shock tactics and play some high risk footy that if the passes stick we could upset teams? We have the players who can do that. It is what id do personaly. Lane,Manu,Jnr,Evans,Taka,Gower id say offload whenever get a chance. Just push the pass. If it doesn't come off so be it.
Play a normal safety first game against Storm or Roosters and forget it. They are better and will win.

Does BA have the brains and ability to see this and throw a suprise into the finals?
I sure bet Des has a few tricks he is getting ready to use on the heavy weights.
PARRABALL!!!!!

Eelementary

Post Whore
Let's turn this into a more interesting discussion.

It seems like this person has form. They create alts and go around trying (unsuccessfully) to get others upset by repeatedly attempting to assault them with the forum equivalent of a wet lettuce.

At no stage do they appear aware that they are coming across as rather unsophisticated and childish yet they continue.

There are a number of highly intelligent people on this forum, including as I understand it a couple of behavioural psychologists (@Gronk and @strider). Perhaps they could offer their opinion on what drives such irrational behaviour from somebody?

Noodle dick. Pure, and simple...

T.S Quint

Coach
To go from a wooden spoon to a home semi final would be a great achievement.
Let’s get it done, boys.

hindy111

Post Whore
I dont particularly care about top 4 ... I would like 5th or 6th, a home final and week one then go from there

Irony is had we won we would be looking possibly at 3rd.
If won last 3 and Sharks beat Raiders while Rooster beat Souths...

What is ideal now would be finishing 5th or 6th and playing Brisbane at Bangwest. I would rather avoid Sharks.
Worse situation would be finishing 7th and playing Souths,Manly,Raiders or Sharks away.

IFR33K

Coach
Irony is had we won we would be looking possibly at 3rd.
If won last 3 and Sharks beat Raiders while Rooster beat Souths...

What is ideal now would be finishing 5th or 6th and playing Brisbane at Bangwest. I would rather avoid Sharks.
Worse situation would be finishing 7th and playing Souths,Manly,Raiders or Sharks away.

Yep. Ideally I’d love to finish 5/6, and avoid manly or sharks.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
And realistically, top four for us means fourth, and week one in Melbourne. I'd rather an elimination final against a team that isn't quite so 'well run'.

Gazzamatta

Coach
And realistically, top four for us means fourth, and week one in Melbourne. I'd rather an elimination final against a team that isn't quite so 'well run'.
Win lose or draw I dont GAF really. Just wanna take in the Bankwest semi final atmosphere. Like 2017 I feel our achievements this season have concealed many of the issues that still exist to stop our great club from going to the next level.
Interesting that The Bern wants to stay in the game but has done a runner. Or was he pushed?

Noise

Coach
Win lose or draw I dont GAF really. Just wanna take in the Bankwest semi final atmosphere. Like 2017 I feel our achievements this season have concealed many of the issues that still exist to stop our great club from going to the next level.
Interesting that The Bern wants to stay in the game but has done a runner. Or was he pushed?
There was a small item in the weekend paper that hinted a recently departed CEO had put his hand up for a spot on the NRL commission. My guess is it's the Bern

Gazzamatta

Coach
There was a small item in the weekend paper that hinted a recently departed CEO had put his hand up for a spot on the NRL commission. My guess is it's the Bern
Yeah i saw that and thought the same. Are these positions on the Commission paid? If so it wouldnt compare to a CEOs salary surely.

Latest posts