What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Stadium Rebuild and other stuff

forward pass

Coach
Only time i think there is something a bit fake is when they try to start the parra chant over the PA.

Good crowd for a thursday game, 18k

I personally thought we would be getting a much better game day experience than we are getting.

Not that it’s bad, but all we are really getting is the ‘Whole Squad Ready’ thing which is so American it’s cringe. The club made a big deal about this Entertainment Company they signed on to run the game day experience and its all a bit underwhelming and repetitive.

I only go for they footy, so don’t really care, but it was built up a bit early in the year.

What I do love, love, love is the Eels traditional team song being played after a win.

Noise

Coach
I personally thought we would be getting a much better game day experience than we are getting.

Not that it’s bad, but all we are really getting is the ‘Whole Squad Ready’ thing which is so American it’s cringe. The club made a big deal about this Entertainment Company they signed on to run the game day experience and its all a bit underwhelming and repetitive.

I only go for they footy, so don’t really care, but it was built up a bit early in the year.

What I do love, love, love is the Eels traditional team song being played after a win.
Yea that whole squad ready thing is very cringeworthy. It’s not pumping anyone up.

The light show is ok.

emjaycee

Coach

I reckon the game day experience team could actually do with an overhaul.
Last year I went to every Parra game and experienced a whole range of different game day styles.
I shared some of my thoughts with the club but I think there has been some financial constraints and a little bit of settling into the new stadium this year.

I want a local rock band rolled out on a truck before kick off and at half time.
I want those pumping fire thingies after every try.
I think we need a new ground announcer.
We need more KissCam and DanceCam and things that bring the crowd into it before the game.
We need something that will bring the crowd together - like the Viking Clap does for the Raiders (but obviously not the Viking Clap).

Gazzamatta

Coach
Last year I went to every Parra game and experienced a whole range of different game day styles.
I shared some of my thoughts with the club but I think there has been some financial constraints and a little bit of settling into the new stadium this year.

I want a local rock band rolled out on a truck before kick off and at half time.
We need more KissCam and DanceCam and things that bring the crowd into it before the game.
We need something that will bring the crowd together - like the Viking Clap does for the Raiders (but obviously not the Viking Clap).
Hard to please mate. You dont get massively excited when an unannounced person raises the flag?
Id like to see one of those hot dog cannons they use at US Baseball games.

TheRam

Coach

Eel wiggle?

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
I actually like the "Is you ready" song. Each to their own though.

Not everyone is going to be happy with every thing they do pre game. I don't really care what they do though tbh, i'm their to watch the game.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
Now that’s a good idea, especially against the team we’re playing on the day. Maybe have players from that era getting interviewed talking about the game over the top of the footage.
For sure.

To me, that would better than any song, band, light show or someone raising a flag.

But, everyone is different.

forward pass

Coach
Forget the clap - what we need is a song. Nothing better than the whole crowd singing together.

Something like "You'll never Walk Alone" or "We're Forever Blowing Bubbles"(West Ham) - but Eels Versions.

84 Baby

Referee
If anyone watched the union in Perth couple weeks ago, the indigenous bloke saying the welcome and then chanting was pretty amazing. I’ve felt we should do more of that in aus sport in general. Like the NZ haka

Noise

Coach
I think anyone over the age of 25 would agree with you.

There’s also the added advantage of something different to watch each week rather than the same light show, flag raising, rev up song.
I actually think they aim the entertainment at the younger crowd on purpose, hence the mumble rap, interactive phone light show etc. Most younger people wouldn’t give a shit about 50 year old blokes talking about games that happened before they were born.
I think the stadium people know the majority of people over 25 would be there purely for the footy and couldn’t give a f**k about the pre game stuff

SDM

First Grade
I think we could get a bunch of midgets in Eels jerseys riding around on Shetland ponies to fire the crowd up.

Latest posts