What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So far this year he has played
bench
left wing
right wing
centre
fullback
Sounds like a kid demanding where to be played....
Whree coach picks him and where he may be demanding to be played are two completely different things.

Not to mention, the very fact someone has to play 5 different spots when he wants one in particular can be the very reason that they choose to look elsewhere..

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So far this year he has played
bench
left wing
right wing
centre
fullback
Sounds like a kid demanding where to be played....

Exactly. Just need to take a look at Xerri for example. Big wraps on him as a centre. First 2 or 3 games were average, but showed he had the talent. The coach backed him and kept him in the team. His confidence grew and now one of the most damaging centres around.
McGregor does the complete opposite with Lomax. He knows he has to be in the team but wont back him to play in his natural position, preferring a woeful, out-of-form Aitken.
Logic - Aitken is a good bloke who doesnt complain.

Frank Facer

First Grade
If the rumours that Frizell wants out are true and that he wants to move to Easts, then we should be looking to do a deal this year of a swap of Frizell for Crichton, that is if Crichton would be interested. I rate Crichton very highly. He is a natural footballer and a perfect edge backrower. He has a Union background and debuted for Souths in the centres before moving to the backrow. I think he will mature as a forward. I actually like the idea of a second row pairing of Crichton and Ford. That would push Tariq to lock. That backrow would have a lot of attack in it and a lot of speed too.

Crichton started the year off on the bench and has struggled to find form, but in the last several weeks his form has picked up. There is talk that he doesn't get on with Robbinson.

The calm one

Juniors
I know one thing and that is he certainly wasn’t having dinner with me and Ethel , so this story / tale ) chit-chat / rumour MUST be absolutely true .

However IF the dinner did take place one could place their last dollar on the fact that they were not discussing the weather - eh ? It certainly would had been about footy and just how much spare dough that the Tigers had in their piggy bank.

Madge would want to beat the rorters to the punch . Mary would not be in the equation at all as young Lomax isn’t stupid and can see that his future doesn’t lie with a coach whom can not help him advance his career any further. IF the dinner did take place that is . . . .
Was dinner the $10.00 T Bone on Houso pay night

BLM01

First Grade
If the rumours that Frizell wants out are true and that he wants to move to Easts, then we should be looking to do a deal this year of a swap of Frizell for Crichton, that is if Crichton would be interested. I rate Crichton very highly. He is a natural footballer and a perfect edge backrower. He has a Union background and debuted for Souths in the centres before moving to the backrow. I think he will mature as a forward. I actually like the idea of a second row pairing of Crichton and Ford. That would push Tariq to lock. That backrow would have a lot of attack in it and a lot of speed too.

Crichton started the year off on the bench and has struggled to find form, but in the last several weeks his form has picked up. There is talk that he doesn't get on with Robbinson.
No thanks. Prefer frizz and does not matter who you get the coach can not play them in the proper spot and utilise them correctly.

slippery5

Juniors
Exactly. Just need to take a look at Xerri for example. Big wraps on him as a centre. First 2 or 3 games were average, but showed he had the talent. The coach backed him and kept him in the team. His confidence grew and now one of the most damaging centres around.
McGregor does the complete opposite with Lomax. He knows he has to be in the team but wont back him to play in his natural position, preferring a woeful, out-of-form Aitken.
Logic - Aitken is a good bloke who doesnt complain.
I think there is a difference from a "woeful out of form Aitken" to what really is a overrated one show pony who can't step, can't swerve, can't pass & can't read a defensive play when required.

Last edited:

Bench
I thought Aitken and Lafai played a lot better this week. Must be trying to impress McIdiot

nrlnrl

First Grade

Crichton's form has picked up as his game time has increased in Cordner's absence.

Gareth67

First Grade
I doubt Crichton would want to come to play with our side, he played for Souths in 2017 and then moved to Easts, so he has been with two high achievers.
We are in a shambles so I doubt he would come here

Unfortunately you are correct , in fact imo any player that came to the mighty (?) Dragons in our current state would be for the money and that’s about it . I am sorry to say it , but the Joint Venture has almost hit rock bottom .

Whree coach picks him and where he may be demanding to be played are two completely different things.

Not to mention, the very fact someone has to play 5 different spots when he wants one in particular can be the very reason that they choose to look elsewhere..
That’s quite sensible from you for a change muzz :thumbsup_tone1:Keep up the good work

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I’ve put it back it didn’t have the ball room also I’m not big on lace and frilly shit
You really should try it.

It’s great to have a bit of lace on underneath some hard macho outerwear..

It really helps to balance the soul..