What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A running fullback makes me happy.

sladden road

Juniors
Duges, thanks fella. You have shown what has been missing, a running fullback.
Moylan has no place in my team atm.
Maybe on the bench.
Keep Duges at the back, at the form he is at and the effort for the last few months the team is best suited with a running , not ball playing fullback.
Keep the wings as they are also the centres.

Duges I was a critic earlier this year and late last but credit where it is dew,
You make me happy and the team better balanced when you are at the back.

Last edited:

chewsta

First Grade
I absolutely agree. Love Duges' power game. Said it before but you wont see Moyza scoring the tries Duges does. (Or any tries this year actually)

If Moyza ran into the defence at half the pace Duges does, he would vaporize on impact.

txta2

Bench
Yeah well mrangry would disagree, but who cares about that tool huh.
Moylan is back in the team when he is healthy, no matter what. Don't forget both can play other positions, and both are made of glass.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Duges has been absolutely outstanding the last month especially. He has probably been one of our best players all season and has proved so many people wrong. Runs hard, tackles hard, never backs out of contact and gives 100%

Tallis is just a dribbler.

Marchad

Juniors
I never want too see Moylan in a Sharks jersey ever again. You will never see Moylan bust through 5 guys to score a try and you will never see him dive in front of someone to get the ball when defending a kick.

snout

First Grade
The ingrained culture of toughness that won us a comp isnt for everyone.
Many embrace it. Love it. Feed off it. Hard competitiors like ennis and maloney.
Val holmes ran away from it.

Its not about physical toughness only. SJ isnt a typical Sharks player but he is responding to the expectations of the group. He has turned his game around. Tried to play injured. Worked to get his kicking in order. He will be a much better player in a couple of years for getting away from the continual acceptance of failure at the warriors.
A shame he couldnt have spent more time with Gal. Lewie. Ennis.

But Moylan. Party boy. Pretty boy. Didnt fit in at penrith and just hasnt here either. Just has that look about him that he is a boy amongst men.
He is a disruption.
The constant in and out has affected our whole backline for a whole season. A whole friggin season.

Jimmy O

Juniors
What’s with all the Moylan hate? He has done well for us when fit this season. He keeps the opposition on their toes when he injects himself into the attacking line on either side.

Agree whole heartedly Doogs is a beast and we cannot win this without him. However when moyza is confident he runs well, has a good step and still gains meters from kick return.

I wouldn’t let any of my top tier backline start on the bench unless injured.

Card Shark

Immortal
However when moyza is confident he runs well, has a good step and still gains meters from kick return.

The Moylan hate is because when is he ever confident??!

He makes a f**k up & goes into his shell, instead of trying to make amends, like Dugan does.

Also, I beg to differ about the way he carries the ball back. Against the Dragons, we had them camped on their own line & had to kick from within 20m. He catches a long kick on our 30m & instead of running it up over halfway, he runs sideways & passes to Feki, who only makes 10m. Because no one is back, Moylan goes sideways from dummy half & gets smashed.

So instead of having tackle 1 in their half & on a roll, we are 10m on our side of halfway & under the pump. So f**king annoying that shit!!

snout

First Grade
Yep.
And thats why our season is so stop start.
Continual disruptions at fullback

A top 4 team that is struggling to get out of 2nd gear. Because this guy struggles to get his shit together. His body together. His head together.

You never blame anyone for being injured but this injury shit started at the riff when he started to think he was todd carney. I wonder what he's efforts are like in getting his body right

What’s with all the Moylan hate? He has done well for us when fit this season. He keeps the opposition on their toes when he injects himself into the attacking line on either side.

Agree whole heartedly Doogs is a beast and we cannot win this without him. However when moyza is confident he runs well, has a good step and still gains meters from kick return.

Moylan when he gets his confidence back WILL make a difference!
Reminds me of the Pantsers fullback Edwards, full of errors, who was shit for plenty of games, before now being in their top 3 players!

Yeah mate, this forum.
JAck Gibson. Pick your best 17, then let the positions sort themselves out. Moyza is not only best 17, he's top 5.

sladden road

Juniors
For mine it’s the balance of the team.

Moyza is a ball player.

Duges is a runner.

We need a runner at the back.

We have Wade ball player , Sj ball player,
Moyza ball player.

Need big hit ups on the first 3 tackles out of trouble.(see 2016, this years top 3 teams, storm, chooks and clappers)

Duges is filling that spot.
Plus the best centre combo atm is the old fella and the young fella with Christian on one wing and the Bae on the other.

Granted Mozza is a good player but I can’t see how he fits. It’s not only injury that is causing the lack of rhythm.

It’s too many of the same type of player.

Ads

First Grade

Moyza is a ball player.

Duges is a runner.

Moyza ball player.

Need big hit ups on the first 3 tackles out of trouble.(see 2016, this years top 3 teams, storm, chooks and clappers)

Plus the best centre combo atm is the old fella and the young fella with Christian on one wing and the Bae on the other.

Granted Mozza is a good player but I can’t see how he fits. It’s not only injury that is causing the lack of rhythm.

You need an extra option out the back of SJ and Wade. Thats what allows them to do their thing. Our team is much better with a ball player at the back as is any NRL team.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Moylan is best a fullback in this roster.

Dugan has been great since he realised it is about the team. Good on him

He along with others were making critical errors, whilst trying always we were bad.

After playing in the centres and on the wing through the opening seven rounds, Dugan showed glimpses of his best in a return to fullback last week.

"The first week I was put on the wing I was a little bit frustrated, (thinking), 'Why am I on the wing?'" Dugan said on Monday.

"After I had an in-depth chat with 'Bomber' (Morris), he explained it. I was able to accept it, whereas last year I probably just wouldn't have had that conversation."

Moylan trained with the team on Monday, but is unlikely to be considered this week and is instead a chance of returning in round 10 against Manly.

Dugan will then target a home in the centres.

"Once we start getting some troops back hopefully we can settle on a starting team and there's not going to be so much chopping and changing," he said.

"But unfortunately that's footy and you don't always get what you want. Things always don't go to plan. I'll take it and roll with the punches.
LINK

He has been very good filling in at fullback second half of the season and as has earnt the right centre position in this team over Morris.

Bomber has been with me since he bought in Xerri, you need an experienced winger outside.

Poor young Bradman Best, a kid who has played centre his whole life, gets stuck out on the wing for his debut.

Morris > Brown.

ghoti

Bench

Moyza is a ball player.

Duges is a runner.

Moyza ball player.

Yeah I agree, Moylan, Johnson and Townsend all run these probing overs lines which is fine and works for them when someone like Nikora cuts back in, but all three of them seem to often kill space. I like Dugan's power game, he's like a roving backrower with a bit of evasion and skill.. it balances us well.

I feel like Dugan at the back and only two of the three SJ/CT/MM works for us.

Saying that, Moylan when on is very effective coming out the back to work with a centre/winger, Dugan is kind of a one-man nuclear option.. there's a way to fit all these guys in but I don't think Morris has quite figured it out

chewsta

First Grade
I dont doubt Moyza's ability at all. He has one of the best short/soft passing games in the comp actually. It's his lack of will to put his body on the line that bugs me.

Latest posts